Don't want to wait in lines? Follow us! 10 day Picture Tutorial.

Oh No! please tell Suzy that Jack-Jack is in our thoughts and prayers!

Thank you! He is doing better after steroids, breathing treatments, and antibiotics. He has pneumonia in one lung and is struggling to breath. But his oxygen levels are fine so it isn't too scary. Hopefully, he'll be better tomorrow and can come home. It all depends on how his night goes tonight.

No Wi-Fi in hospital rooms, though, otherwise Suzy would be here saying hey herself.

Thank you! He is doing better after steroids, breathing treatments, and antibiotics. He has pneumonia in one lung and is struggling to breath. But his oxygen levels are fine so it isn't too scary. Hopefully, he'll be better tomorrow and can come home. It all depends on how his night goes tonight.

No Wi-Fi in hospital rooms, though, otherwise Suzy would be here saying hey herself.

Oh my, we will be thinking of him. Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts his way

Hi! I have read thentire report today.:goodvibes I have thoroughly enjoyed it.It originally caugt my eye because we are staying offsite for the first time in February.

I wish I could remember all that I thought to comment on as I read.I do want to say that my kids love the Animation class at MGM also.I don't know how many times they did it on our last trip but I know it was alot.:thumbsup2

Hope Jack-Jack has a speedy recovery.pixiedust:

:grouphug: Jack-Jack:grouphug: feel better very soon! We were just so sad to read he was sick after enjoying your family's TR so much. Please keep us posted.:flower3:

Oh my, we will be thinking of him. Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts his way

Hi! I have read thentire report today.:goodvibes I have thoroughly enjoyed it.It originally caugt my eye because we are staying offsite for the first time in February.

I wish I could remember all that I thought to comment on as I read.I do want to say that my kids love the Animation class at MGM also.I don't know how many times they did it on our last trip but I know it was alot.:thumbsup2

Hope Jack-Jack has a speedy recovery.pixiedust:
:artist:

:grouphug: Jack-Jack:grouphug: feel better very soon! We were just so sad to read he was sick after enjoying your family's TR so much. Please keep us posted.:flower3:

hope Jack-Jack feels better soon

Thank you for your wonderful support! I'll post as soon as I hear how his night went and if he is coming home. :grouphug:

I read through this entire trip report today. I love how thorough you are in reporting how your vacation went! The details are wonderful. And the way you tell your story is very entertaining to read.

I especially appreciate the perspective of two families. We are planning a similar vacation for 2010. Multi-family that is. Hearing about the neighborhood you stayed at offsite is really helpful, because I think that might work out best for the whole family.

Meanwhile, your trip is getting me really excited for my family's trip in June.

I pray Jack Jack comes home soon.

"Hearing about the neighborhood you stayed at offsite is really helpful, because I think that might work out best for the whole family."

I also wondered about this, you said you stayed at WH, I understand it is close to Formosa Garden Estates, How far away is it "drive time" from the Parks? And is it advisable to go back to the house at say @ and then back to the parks for the evening?

I hope the Baby is doing alright, nothing worse then a sick child. Hope he is well soon

I read through this entire trip report today. I love how thorough you are in reporting how your vacation went! The details are wonderful. And the way you tell your story is very entertaining to read.

I especially appreciate the perspective of two families. We are planning a similar vacation for 2010. Multi-family that is. Hearing about the neighborhood you stayed at offsite is really helpful, because I think that might work out best for the whole family.

Meanwhile, your trip is getting me really excited for my family's trip in June.

I pray Jack Jack comes home soon.

Thanks! It definitely is different traveling with two families versus just ours. Both have their advantages. Kind of like staying on-site vs. off-site. But I think the advantages outweighed the disadvantages.

"Hearing about the neighborhood you stayed at offsite is really helpful, because I think that might work out best for the whole family."

I also wondered about this, you said you stayed at WH, I understand it is close to Formosa Garden Estates, How far away is it "drive time" from the Parks? And is it advisable to go back to the house at say @ and then back to the parks for the evening?

I hope the Baby is doing alright, nothing worse then a sick child. Hope he is well soon

This is my feeling on drive time. I was always surprised how fast we were at the parks except when it came to MK. AK was less than 10 minutes from our door to being parked. DHS was about 15. Epcot, which I thought was far away, ended up being 15 minutes.

When we stayed at All Star Sports I gave myself an hour for travel time and sometimes we were late. Because 10-20 minutes to wait if you just missed the bus. 5 minutes to let the wheelchairs load. 5 minutes to stop at the stop. 15 minute ride. And then the long walk to the front door.

It just seemed like we were taking forever to get places.

With the driving from WH, we would give ourselves 45-60 minutes. And we would consistently be there in under 15-20. And then the long walk from the car. Which ends up being about the same as from the bus stop.

Again, the exception is MK. It really did take the full hour. 20 minute drive. 10 minutes on the tram. 5 minute walk. 5 minutes waiting on a monorail. 10 minutes on the monorail. Bag check. We were always surprised at just how long it took to get to MK.

So generally, except for Wishes/Spectro, we just would go and stay and not take a break at home in the afternoon. If my family needed it, we could easily have taken a break at home every single day except MK days. Easier than staying on site and using buses.

Donald would disagree with this, but I would like to have my own car next time even if we do stay on site. There are just times when it is very nice to have a car.

As for Jack-Jack, he has been sent home. But he is still a scary little thing and Suzy is very tired as she isn't getting a lot of sleep due to him not getting enough oxygen when we falls into a deep sleep. So I think this is going to take some serious recovery time for them both. But we're pretty sure he is past the dangerous stage and the steroids, breathing treatments, and antibiotics should perk him up pretty soon.

Glad to hear Jack-Jack is doing better. Will continue to pray he is fully healthy and running around soon

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Jack Jack and I are home and he is doing better. We are glad to be home in our own beds and he is glad to not be poked and prodded every hour. Nothing like trying to keep a 14 month old entertained in a bed while he is hooked up to an IV.:sad2:

Can't wait to relive our last day at Disney with all of you.:grouphug:

So sad. Our last day. We let our kids pick where they wanted to go and our kids chose DHS and BB. My throat hurt but I hadn’t let the drugs out of my system so it wasn’t too bad. I wanted to get an early start as I knew we would be packing up it the evening. Especially if we were going to go to two parks.

So we got up and had some cereal as all the Bagelfuls were gone. The cinnamon ones had been gone for days but the regular ones had lasted almost all week. I think that I had a Peach/Green Tea yogurt smoothie as we still had a lot of those left and I wanted to make sure we didn’t waste any. They are sooooo yummy.

We were planning on coming home around lunch so I didn’t worry about packing any food.

So we were off. Suzy & Milo left around the same time as us, even though we were going to different parks. We all wanted to make rope drop. We got to DHS in no time, parked, and wandered up to the front. We parked pretty close this day. We were about 15 minute before opening but yet again they didn’t have the ticket turnstiles open. And yet again this irritated me. It just caused all kinds of congestion and we had no hope of getting to see any opening ceremony. I used my favorite, 3 people deep bag check line and was done in no time. But it took us 15 minutes to get to the front of ticket area. So by the time we got in the entertainers were all gone. What’s the point of being at rope drop?

This day we weren’t doing the Toy Story Mania March so we turned right to go to ToT. Mulan is not interested in this ride AT ALL. So I hopped on with Ariel while Donald went and got FP’s for RnRC. We were in an elevator in no time as there was no wait at all. It wasn’t even a full elevator cause there weren’t enough people riding to fill it up.

It was really fun. At the end the gentleman with white hair in our photo said he’d lost his ballcap. His daughter said, “They told us to secure our things.” To which he replied, “I sat on it to secure it. I didn’t understand the ride.” So when we flew up, his hat became insecure and flew up too. While they were having this discussion we noticed a ballcap on top of our elevator. Sure enough, it was his! It had flown out of the car and landed on the top of our little cage. The scary ToT CM got it for him. It was funny.

CIMG3723.jpg

CIMG3724.jpg

CIMG3726.jpg

CIMG3727.jpg

Then Donald took his turn with Ariel while I went to the little coffee spot there and grabbed a few baked goods to entertain Mulan and Boo. It was pretty yummy and Boo had quite a bit of coffee. She really likes coffee. And I had to fight to keep some baked good for Ariel who surely would have been sad had it all been gone.

CIMG3728.jpg

CIMG3729.jpg

They weren’t gone very long so there must not have been much of wait for that either.

DSCN3068.jpg

I also took this photo as I figured these people with the camera crew were important. But I didn’t recognize any of them.

CIMG3730.jpg

Then it was time for our RnRC FP’s. I was feeling nauseous so I told them all they could ride twice in a row. So they took off. At first I hung around outside. I overheard someone saying they were filming for the new American Idol thing and that there were AI people there with camera crews. Hmm… I wonder who I saw?

I was bored and a bit cold so Boo and I went into the shop there which is a fun little shop. We played with drum sticks and then she got sidetracked and just started entertaining herself. I think this is the most fun she had all day.

CIMG3741.jpg

CIMG3739.jpg

CIMG3738.jpg

At one point I thought I saw David Archuletta from AI but I don’t really know them all well enough to be sure. But he had a little posse with him and it looked like him. I was sitting on the floor watching Boo so I wasn’t like super excited. About 5 seconds later a boy about 15 starts FREAKING OUT. “I saw David Archuletta! He’s giving autographs. Mom, mom NOW we have to go. I saw him.” OK, I’m not really getting that nearly hyper enough. The boy was freaking and his mom, who was cool & moving quickly, was just not cool enough nor moving quickly enough. This caused a bit of a stampede for a moment. I pondered entertaining myself by going and watching all the teens freak out. But Boo was having so much fun….

Also, I was kind of keeping an eye out for my family as I was thinking I might feel good enough to ride and wanted my chance to speed through the LA streets. But I think they must have snuck by while I was watching the 15 year old freak as when I called Donald’s phone they were already in line again. I was sad. And bored. And starting to be in a bit of pain. I headed outside to see if there was anything entertaining still going on outside.

There wasn’t. I asked a CM about the AI photo shoot and she said, “AI photo shoot? I know nothing about it.” So then I asked if David Archuletta had just been there giving autographs. “Who? You mean the crowd a few minutes ago? I have no idea.” Sigh. Yet another encounter with another CM who knows a lot less than I. What are those CM’s doing? Don’t they listen and watch around them?

So I sat down in the sunshine in front of the guitar and pulled out my back pack to take some more pain killer.

It was at that moment that some things became painfully clear. When I took that dose, my bottles of painkiller were empty. In 24 hours I had taken 75 painkillers. No wonder I was nauseous. And I should go to a doctor.

Shortly after this discovery, Donald and the girls exited. I explained the situation and again Donald was a bit surprised. No shock there, I was surprised too. But couldn’t I just wait till we go home, we leave tomorrow. The problem, as I explained it, was that today was Friday. So even though we would go home the next day, unless I went to the emergency room, it would be 3.5 more days before I got antibiotics and that is just silly. No, I needed to go here & now. I think it was only 10 a.m.

But I really wanted Donald to do the animation class as he hadn’t gotten to do it before because he was in line for Bolt. So we all agreed to do that and then leave and they could spend the afternoon at BB.

We wandered slowly through the shops on our way. We hadn't done nearly enough wandering this trip.

CIMG3732.jpg

First, we stopped to get this photo taken.
image573.jpg

And took a few of our own shadow photos:

DSCN3071.jpg

We went in the back door so we didn’t have to do the theater part again.
Lots of artwork to inspire you:
DSCN3073.jpg

DSCN3072.jpg

We’d just missed the class so we went to meet Mickey first. It was our last day and I was just sure that Boo would meet Mickey. She waved and pointed and was so excited. So we got in the really short line. There was one family in front of us. It was the bossiest Mickey I had ever scene. He set up the scene and posed all the families himself. So even with just one family it took awhile. I sat down my bags and explained to the Photopass person that we would be sneaking up on Mickey. But Boo was too smart for us and even as I was talking to the Photopass person she started crying. She was no fool and we were going to try to get her to meet Mickey. NO WAY!

So the big girls met Mickey again. Oh well.
image587.jpg

On to the class. This day we would be drawing Stitch. I pondered sitting it out since I had Boo. But instead I decided to let her have some whale crackers while I drew. HA! Fat chance. That was the hardest drawing I’ve ever drawn. Boo was fascinated by the lit up paper and the pencils. She wanted to draw. You know what, I’m too tired right now to explain what a challenge that class was. It was exhausting. But other than me, everyone really enjoyed it. Our animator was a sarcastic guy. He wasn’t as cool as the lady before but he was still good and I like sarcasm OK.

So after this we headed out. It was pretty early. Maybe 11 a.m. On the way home Donald said, “I think you should just go to the doctor here.” Well duh! So I dropped them off and headed over to the Walgreens clinic we had found for Jack-Jack only he wasn’t allowed to go. It was about 2 miles from our house, if that. I went in and it was two rooms at the back of the Walgreens. I typed in my name and info in the computer there for me. About 1 minute later a nurse came out and took me into her room and took my vitals and insurance info. They didn’t accept Anthem so I would have to be self pay. In the long run this worked out as it was only $59.00 and my prescriptions were free.

Anyway, after her I went to the RN in the other room. It isn’t a doctor you see, it is a specialized RN. So checked me out and said because I was self pay she wasn’t going to do any other tests as they cost money. So she gave me antiobiotics and a topical pain killer so I wouldn’t have to take the quantity of painkillers I was taking. She wasn’t allowed to prescribe Vicodin to out of towners so I just got some super duper acetaminophen stuff. She zipped it over to the prescription guy via computer and by the time I was done with her, it was done.

I was home before noon. Can you believe that? It took about 45 minutes all told. Had I known it would be so painless and cheap, I would have gone on Wednesday. Fool. Now I know. Now I know.

I sat down in a lounge chair by the pool while the big kids headed out to BB.

I don’t know what Boo and I did. I know she played around a bit by the pool and had good fun while I watched her, enjoyed the sunshine, and tried to read that stupid boring book I had brought. I think perhaps Suzy & Milo must have come pretty quickly because I don’t remember being bored at all. I don’t know. I just know that there were people around almost the whole time.

I do know that I finished the laundry and started packing and that I took my first dose of antibiotic like it would be this amazing instant cure. Totally forgetting that general speaking, I feel worse for 24 hours after starting antibiotics. So about 4 hours after taking that first dose, I felt HORRIBLE.

After just a short amount of time, maybe 3 hours at most, Donald and the girls came back. They ate and relaxed and Donald started packing a bit. And then decided that he couldn’t live without seeing Illuminations. We all thought he was crazy. But Mulan decided it was a good idea and she and he headed out for one final fling together. I’m really glad as she still talks about it and I think it was good for her to have her daddy all to herself.

CIMG3748.jpg

I made sure she had her glow in the dark stuff:
CIMG3747.jpg

Goodnight in lights at Illuminations:
CIMG3749.jpg

I was pretty much comatose by this point.

And the next morning I felt no better. But you’ll have to wait for that…

OMG I love your pictures of Tower Of Terror--best ride at DHS...but then again I haven't been on Rock N' Rollercoaster either :) So who knows, I might have a new favorite then :)

OMG I love your pictures of Tower Of Terror--best ride at DHS...but then again I haven't been on Rock N' Rollercoaster either :) So who knows, I might have a new favorite then :)

Oh, you'll just love it! But ToT is a super great ride so it might not replace it in your heart.

Also, I wanted to say the photo of Mulan with her glow stuff is on Mission: Space. They rode a few things and I can't remember exactly what. But I know they had a great time.

I'm a little chicken to ride Mission Space--i'm a bit claustrophobic and hate having an MRI..but from the pictures I've seen on Mission Space it doesn't look SO bad!!

Sorry you got sick but hope you're doing better.

I'm glad to hear Jack-Jack is feeling better. I hope he has a speedy recovery. My thoughts & prays are with him.

I'm sad that you reported on your last day! I loved your TR. It was great hearing from both families.

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words.

So originally we were planning on going to DisneyQuest again this day but decided once per trip was plenty. That coupled with the fact that Milo hadn't gotten to go to MK that second time with us and he had missed POC with the boys settled it. We would go to MK again.

I loved this day. It was like a bonus. A no pressure, let's just relax, have fun day. We got to Magic Kingdom a little after rope drop and headed to Tommorrowland. Our first stop was AstroOrbiter. McQueen had wanted to ride this everytime we walked by and I knew that the only time I would be willing would be first thing so there wouldn't be a line. Now this is where the sacrifice comes in to motherhood. Circular rides usually make me slightly sick. But Milo gets more sick. So I went with Charming, Buzz, and McQueen up the evelators. Milo and Jack Jack went and got fast passes to Space Mountain and hung out. None of us had ever ridden this before so that was kind of exciting. And the ride itself was actually a lot of fun. It was intense. I took video of tommorrowland from way up there and that was cool to watch. I think next time it may be a "must do" for the boys because they loved it.

Then we headed over to the Speedway. We hoped to get through here fairly quickly and I guess we did relatively speaking but it was still 20 minutes or so. And I sat out with Jack Jack.

100_0346.jpg

In retrospect we should have skipped this ride. McQueen has always been a big car person so I kind of made everyone ride this for him. But by this time in our trip he had evolved into a "big kid" and found this too tame for him. I tried to get a picture of them here by standing at the entrance of ToonTown but my timing stunk and I never did get it.

We then rode Space Mountain. Again. McQueen has ridden this ride 7 times now.:woohoo:

Then Milo insisted that we go to Cosmic Rays. "A trip to Disney isn't a trip to Disney until I see Sonny Eclipse," were his exact words.:rotfl2: We all enjoyed this tremendously. I think everyone got pretty much what they liked. Even Charming and Buzz were happy. And Buzz and McQueen danced and hula hooped up in the front with Sonny.

We then strolled over to Adventureland to finish up. We rode Pirates of the Carribbean which was awesome. Then we came out and I saw the rope set out for Jack Sparrow's tutorial. So I threw the stroller that I was pushing to the side and yelled for McQueen. This was his chance! Not many people were here. Not many kids. The other boys would keep their hands down and McQueen would get picked. To make our trip complete. So the show starts with the funny pirate (can't remember his name) looking for Sparrow and Sparrow sneaking up from behind. Hah Hah. McQueen raise your hand. Look really cute. And they pick out a couple of kids. Not McQueen. By this time, I have taken McQueen's hand and am waving it with him. I am willing Jack Sparrow to turn around and pick McQueen.:rotfl: And finally, it happens, he says, " I think we have room for one more." "Let's have the little boy in front before his mother pulls his arm out of his socket.":rotfl2: Whatever it takes, people, whatever it takes.

100_0350.jpg

100_0351.jpg

100_0353.jpg

Then Buzz, McQueen, Milo, and I walked up Swiss Family Treehouse and down and we headed back home. It was a lovely short bonus day at Magic Kingdom. We all said "Goodbye Disney"

When we got home Perla was home with Boo and Donald and the girls were at BB. It was probably around 2:00 and we all went swimming. Boo must have been napping because it was just my family at first. Perla was a non factor because she was refusing to talk to anyone at this point. So she just wandered around, smiled occasionally, and laid in her bed.:rotfl:

I hadn't gotten into the pool all week because Jack Jack had had those ear infections. So this was our first time and it was wonderful. We had turned it up that first day and put a cover on it. Well evidently I had turned it up a little too much because I'm not exaggerating when I say it felt like a hot tub. It was probably 98 degrees in there. So we played and played and had a grand time.

For dinner Milo order steak from the Black Angus Steakhouse.

And I did laundry and started to pack up.

It was a great last day.pixiedust:

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!! I love the pictures of Captain Jack!!

What a great end to your trip(s).

great ToT pictures, I'm not a fan of the ride, but those pics looked great.

I think I enjoyed the boys day, especially McQueen with Jack Sparrow the most. My son would love to get picked to be a pirate. And I totally relate to Astro Orbiter (we went on in D-land though which is now on the ground not up high) and I was preggo with baby #2 when I went on. So I feel your pain (I have to add here that I get nauseous on the carousel ride even not preggo). But my boy loved it like your boys did. Must be a boy thing.

Great TR ladies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter