Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way it is set up now, it's not that difficult. While you do need to scan your key in the elevator, there is nothing stopping a person from getting off the elevator with you and walking right into the lounge or if a guest already staying CL brings a friend up then I could see it happening. I have to say too that on Monday evening I was coming back to the room to check on my daughter and a very young couple got on the elevator with me. They hit the button for the 3rd floor and I scanned my card. As we were going up i heard the man ask her if she wanted to "go up" and get another snack. When I turned my head to look at them, the girl shushed him & nodded her head no. They got off on the 3rd floor and I continued up. I found it odd but was so honestly preoccupied with my daughter that I didn't think about it again until they were checking cards last night.

I have to admit, we felt like that young couple EVERY time we went to the CL lounge. We were staying at a Deluxe room on the 3rd floor and its was just odd every time we wanted to enjoy the lounge. Sometimes when it was crowded (often) , we would get a plateful and a drink or two and head back to our room..........on the third floor. :rotfl2: We did get some looks from some of the CL guests staying on the 5th :scared1:, but the CL cast members knew who we were ! :thumbsup2 . It was just a stange feeling to say the least . It felt like we were sneeking into somewhere we were not supossed to be, even though we had the "golden tickets", lol.

So.........sometimes some CL level guests might be using the lounge who might be staying on ANY of the floors at BC. They have deluxe rooms and suites on every floor at BC.

Although the way the conversation went down for the "young couple", that does smell fishy to me , and not in a Cape May Cafe kind of way !

Syndrome

Yeap! We filled them at HH on the way there and back too :)

Oh and is this an elephant balancing a bar of soap on his head??

That's a Minnie Mouse bow silly goose! We have one in our room at the moment. Pick up a couple of carabiners to clip those mugs to your waist band or bag they can free up space for you;)

mommyrosa2:

So sorry to hear about your daughter! It's no fun being sick away from home. I know the excitement and anticipation our kids experience with these Disney vacations, hoping you are making the best of it. I met you last year at the Beach Club - you were checking out, we were checking in and talking to Teena - she introduced us! I remember how sad you were to be leaving.
Enjoy the rest of your trip, sending happy thoughts your way, :wizard:we will be there Friday morning!!

Linda

Hey all!

We arrived today at noon and were magically upgraded to a beautiful, lagoon view Club Level room. We certainly must have an angel looking over our shoulder! Spent the day at SAB. Walking down now for dinner at Cape May and then heading to Epcot for the rest of the evening!

Just a wonderful gift and a beautiful day!!

Kay

Kay that is awesome! Have fun!

I got around to sorting out more photos despite the rain we had a great day do please enjoy these, some from the fireworks last night.
BFBBF268-E482-445B-AE50-6977A8AA6B88-981-000001C1667A6C9D_zps7dd6f10b.jpg

5B2E752F-0EE7-4D7C-9BF4-11C0BD70768C-981-000001C18C6F71B8_zps6b32f87d.jpg

C5C34392-B69A-4F29-8C6A-269A93EAEB95-981-000001C1AEB0152A_zps7c051b95.jpg

D5A68642-1B9D-4F07-A63D-37B249635523-981-000001C1BFA1EAA5_zpsf3478c48.jpg

null_zpsab768ece.jpg

Look what came today, all at once. We are so excited! I couldn't even fit them all in the picture. We have 2 sets of the multi-colored ones at the top of the pic for our first and last night stay at POP, we have 2 sets of the green ones for our BC CL stay, and the orange set is for our BCV stay. Can't wait for September 6th to get here!

I got around to sorting out more photos despite the rain we had a great day do please enjoy these, dome from the fireworks last night.

D5A68642-1B9D-4F07-A63D-37B249635523-981-000001C1BFA1EAA5_zpsf3478c48.jpg

Holy Smokes!!!

Awesome photos! This last one is incredible. EPCOT is on FIRE!

Look what came today, all at once. We are so excited! I couldn't even fit them all in the picture. We have 2 sets of the multi-colored ones at the top of the pic for our first and last night stay at POP, we have 2 sets of the green ones for our BC CL stay, and the orange set is for our BCV stay. Can't wait for September 6th to get here!

Nice! So you needed different for each resort?

Nice! So you needed different for each resort?

Yes, each stay is a different set. I didn't know that at first so I picked different colors, when I realized with the next invite to customize that we were getting more bands, I decided to pick one color for everyone for each stay. Orange for the villas and green for BC. Hopefully I can keep them straight this way.

Now we did get some towel animals too, so cute couldn't resist taking some pics of them
FFA1162C-999B-491A-9570-4A49AC6FD646-1091-000001CC9514108A_zps7e279214.jpg

EF826338-01F5-4B9B-81E9-0E6B6540421B-1091-000001CC4B1A6BB4_zps3ff32064.jpg

Been over to IOA too via a taxi from just outside the hotel the Mears drivers were great. We went straight to Harry Potter
9013F60E-6671-4BF3-B2C7-1470F0ED0A12-981-000001C1EF2F0922_zpsff3d8feb.jpg
then lunch at The Three Broomsticks
A9CFAC80-66AF-429C-ADCD-1AADA7939379-1091-000001CEF4F96148_zps003fe1d5.jpg
(very tasty fish and chips) Jurassic Park River Adventure
2876F0DC-A847-43CC-A095-2AB7D155BAE7-1091-000001CDE029F79B_zps7ee6865f.jpg
where we got soaked and Ethan lost his sunglasses and Popeye and Bluto Bilge barge Rats. Had to buy a towel and extra sunscreen we got totally drenched there too. Bought Ethan some new flip flops and sunglasses . We went on Cat in the Hat an old favourite and then over to Poseidon and walked through the park to dry out. Had dinner at BK and left the park to return to the hotel for some stuff from the shop including bits for the wrist bands
DBCE7B1E-90CA-4D64-BE52-63894322B11C-1091-000001D727BCF4C0_zps53977333.jpg
. Just chilling out waiting for the rain to stop.

I just had to post because I'm finally in the single digits! :cheer2: 9 more days until we check into the Yacht Club, and 10 days until we check into the Beach Club. I cannot wait!

Checking in next Saturday for two nights over the long weekend! We got the magic band invites and we're super excited to try them out! Are the chances of getting a King bed greater when you check in early in the morning? We had the CM note it on the reservation.

Had dinner at BK and left the park to return to the hotel for some stuff from the shop including bits for the wrist bands
DBCE7B1E-90CA-4D64-BE52-63894322B11C-1091-000001D727BCF4C0_zps53977333.jpg
. Just chilling out waiting for the rain to stop.

Great update!

How do the bits stick to the wrist bands? They are so cute. :)

Holy Smokes!!!

Awesome photos! This last one is incredible. EPCOT is on FIRE!

Yes it looked amazing all the buildings at the WS lit up in order and as each one was highlighted in this way the fireworks changed. The full moon was truly spectacular.

Going to US tomorrow to try some things we have never done before. We had our first Butter beer today it's quite pleasant like apple juice mixed with cream soda topped with a toffee flavoured froth.
The pot stickers fruits and dips and beers and wines in the lounge have been great and the staff have provided us with water on request before we have gone out each day. The maid has been great too. I can understand why the bosses in suits want to refurb the rooms the fittings are very beaten up from guest use, varnish missing from areas the other pieces are deeply scratched and worn BUT the beds are amazingly comfortable.

It's like a Magic Band buffet!

Checking in next Saturday for two nights over the long weekend! We got the magic band invites and we're super excited to try them out! Are the chances of getting a King bed greater when you check in early in the morning? We had the CM note it on the reservation.

Rooms are usually assigned a few days out, whenever possible, so it shouldn't matter the time of day you check in. Your request should be noted, and if there is a room with a King bed available, hopefully it will be assigned to you. Best you can do is ask at check-in and if a room with a King Bed is not available then, let them know if you are willing to switch later in your trip.

:goodvibes

Yes it looked amazing all the buildings at the WS lit up in order and as each one was highlighted in this way the fireworks changed. The full moon was truly spectacular.

Going to US tomorrow to try some things we have never done before. We had our first Butter beer today it's quite pleasant like apple juice mixed with cream soda topped with a toffee flavoured froth.
The pot stickers fruits and dips and beers and wines in the lounge have been great and the staff have provided us with water on request before we have gone out each day. The maid has been great too. I can understand why the bosses in suits want to refurb the rooms the fittings are very beaten up from guest use, varnish missing from areas the other pieces are deeply scratched and worn BUT the beds are amazingly comfortable.

Frozen or regular butter beer? We love the frozen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!