Don't like how I was treated!

Part of the confusion may be because as they renovate the resorts, they are changing the handicapped rooms so that not all of them are king bed. There never used to be any rooms with double beds and a roll-in shower, but this caused difficulties for families traveling with one person in a wheelchair, so as they renovated rooms they started to increase the number of accessible rooms with roll-in showers and double beds. Plus sometimes the people who need the accessible room need a bathtub with grab bars, not a shower (depending on the medical issues), but still need the raised toilet seat and grab bars.

I would guess that this makes it pretty difficult at times for the people making the room assignments, as my understanding from the special services people (who you deal with if you need accessible rooms), the medical needs are blocked off first and then other guest requests (not medical necessities) are filled.

Which doesn't mean that you should have been treated rudely by the CM! Just don't be surprised if the king room comes with a roll-in shower(smile), as I think that the kings with the raised toilets and grab bars and bathtubs are usually assigned to people who need the tub because of medical issues.

As to dealing with rude CM's, I find it VERY helpful to pause after they make a rude comment. Then, in the nicest, most polite way, I ASK them why they are being rude. It will almost ALWAYS snap them back to appropriate customer service behavior. If it doesn't, well its time to ask for a manager or to just hang up and try again. Sometimes people just need a kind reminder that you are FULLY aware of their rudeness, and it is not appropriate. Snapping back at them just seems to escalate the problem, and nobody wants THAT! :)

Hope your next CM has had a fresh coating of Pixie Dust!

I manage a large inbound call center. You should have never been treated that way. Next time that happens (hopefully it never will) ask to speak to a Supervisor.
My staff's calls are monitored frequently and every call they take is recorded. There is a good chance that call will be monitored and the appropriate corrective counseling taken.

For now, forget about it and enjoy the planning!;)

I have had nasty people that I just told them off and hung up, of course they didn't have my name. LOL But I did have one very nice lady thatwhen I was trying to get the 7 for 5 nights and they dudn't have it called me back within 10 minutes and got it for me. This lady was just that a lady in all respects. Come to find out she was originally from the town next to me but moved to Florida and loves it. if you get a "Tommi" that was her name on there tell her Gail said hi. I felt bad, she was coming to Mass. the following week to the town she was from, I told her come and visit me at work, I wassssssssssssssssssssssss wanting to meet this person but she must of not had the time, Oh well, she has great work ethnics, I will give her all the praise she deserves :D

When people think of "handicapped room", most think that is a room with a roll in shower and no bathtub. That's not correct though.
There are different levels of handicapped rooms.
Some are handicapped accessible, but not fully wheelchair accessible. Those rooms have a tub, but have grab bars in/by the tub and toilet. They may have a raised seat toilet. Many people get those rooms and don't realize that they were in a handicapped room at all, because, except for the grab bars, they are the same as other rooms.
Some are fully wheelchair accessible - those are the ones with roll in showers, roll under sinks and raised seat toilets. Many of those have king beds because someone who needs that level of accessibility in their room needs as much "rolling around" room as possible. As far as I know, until recently, most (if not all) of the fully wheelchair accessible rooms had king beds. Depending on the resort, not all the king rooms were fully wheelchair accessible. Some were apparently just regular king rooms and some were handicapped accessible (with tubs with grab bars). They are apparently in the process of changing some of the fully accessible king rooms into having 2 queen beds. (Some people who need full wheelchair accessibility are traveling with more than one person or with one person they don't want to share a bed with).

One hint for the future that was posted by a CM; ask for what you want, not what you don't want. He said the "not" is easily overlooked, so it's actually quite likely that someone will think you are requesting to have it, instead of to not have it. So, if you want to get a room with a tub, asking for that is a more sure way to get one than to ask for a non-handicapped room. Besides, some of the handicapped rooms do have tubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter