Don't laugh! Can you bring...

Twoboysnmygirl

DIS Veteran
an Xbox 360 ON the plane in a carryon? Anyone done this? My teenage boys would love to bring their game but there's no way I would check it. Do they allow game systems to be carried on?? :confused3

(we'll most likely be flying southwest if that makes a difference)

You can carry it on. The question will be will the TV in the hotel or condo you are staying when you get there have inputs for the game. I believe we looked at our WDW TV a year or two ago and it did not.

Oh good! I don't think I would get them on a plane if they couldn't bring it! :rolleyes:

We drove for our first trip and they had a hard time touring as much as we did so they would go back to the rental and play/relax in the afternoon. I want them to be able to do that again if they want!

Now, I just need to get my 15 year old not to be afraid of flying?!?!? :confused3

Yes you can :goodvibes

We have hand carried a Wii before, when my kids received one as a Christmas gift from Santa.

We've taken our Wii on a bunch - the only hitch is that they always make us take it out of the bag to go through the x-ray.

We've taken our Wii on a bunch - the only hitch is that they always make us take it out of the bag to go through the x-ray.

Did you stay onsite and were there plugs on the tv's for the system? We will most likely be at ASMU. I never even thought that the tvs wouldn't be compatible! Has anyone brought an xbox?

You can get a RF modulator. This will convert the red/white/yellow plugs into a coax cable. Then you can just screw that on the back of the TV. The last time I wanted to hook portable DVD player into TV it didi not work when I called they said they do not turn that on. ("not active"). So the best bet is to get the modulator which I believe is not that expensive. Hope it helps.

Buy one just don't open it. If ou don't need it then return it. If you do then you have it. Better to be safe than sorry. Have fun and enjoy the trip!

Most hotel room tv's I've seen are not compatible with game machines or portable dvd players. Alot of them have crazy "On Demand" movies hooked up so they don't want you messing with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter