DONALD'S PERSONAL THREAD

We have never stayed overnight at the Hyatt BUT we have had day rooms there six or seven times. They are big. So convenient and I love that they offer the dayroom service. Great place to park for a few hours.

I'll miss DME to. Not sure about Brightline as it's not scheduled till 2023 and that is if everything goes correctly. Then how do you control your young children and luggage, get off at DS and get to your hotel from there? It is an interesting option but not sure how it will go. Time will tell I guess.
I have also read that Uber and Lyft has taken a lot of business but I don't really buy that as a reason to stop the service. While Donald was lucky to see no line I have only seen long ones. We were there October 2019, not long before the shut down, and it was packed. I'm sure it's slow right now but that's really no reason to think it will be the same once people start traveling again. My personal thought is that the contract between Mears and Disney is up the end of the year and this is part of negotiations. Scare Mears a bit into getting a better price. I can see it coming back with a $ amount attached to it like they do with DCL transfers. Again, time will tell, I don't know a thing.

Now, back to the Duck!

@tinkerone the lack of line for the bus is because hubby pulled up the arrival times for MCO and made the mistake of telling me when the first ones would start landing in earnest! I don't sleep well at home, rarely when I'm not in my own bed and the thought of possibly beating crowds had me up and dressed by 7. The only thing I had checked was when the Starbucks opened because he's snarly without that (not Starbucks the caffeine!!)

we usually take the last flight and head straight to Disney and found the busses were pretty dead around midnight as well. I wasn't able to find a room on site for under 350 because it was marathon weekend which is why we stayed at the Hyatt. The last trip, which was also started early due to a freezing rain storm, i managed to book a room for $85 in one of the Allstars because it was a Tuesday night after the runners went home.

Once again I've been hit by the time-vortex that COVID-19 has created! How has it been an entire WEEK since i posted????
I left us standing in the middle of the courtyard on our way to our room at AllStars Movies and never came back! Part of the issue is that I have a new phone & a new tablet neither of which has all of the pictures and I haven't sat down at my laptop since mid MARCH!?!!! I had already posted pictures waaaay back at the beginning of this thread of our room but let's look at more!
Hubby once again, not impressed with the fact that I wanted to document everything, hiding behind a pillow
20200112_140107.jpg
I had taken a ton of shots to show all the extras in the new rooms because someone asked what to expect. I guess it doesn't matter that a year has passed because none of us have been able to go back really anyway so here you go.
The room felt big enough for the 2 of us with the murphy bed up but i would imagine it would feel cramped with it down. I liked the sliding door that shut off the bathroom from the rest of the room, made it feel a bit less like a "motel" room.

Hubby was impressed with the size of the TV 🤦‍♀️
The fridge was plenty big enough to hold whatever size of milk this is because the shelves are removable
20200114_093110.jpg
Above the fridge there is a ton of storage space for food, dishes, whatever you might want to stash
20200114_094335.jpg

inside the drawer under the coffee maker was all the fixings for coffee & tea
20200114_094344.jpg

SOO much storage space everywhere that is extremely well thought out. there are tables on both sides of the bed as well as one beside the murphy bed when it's open. All of them have plenty of outlets & USB outlets as well
20200114_094205.jpg

There were more outlets than anyone could possibly need!
20200114_094132.jpg

The design above the murphy bed is super cute! Ignore hubby's nakid tootsies :P

And one final picture of the ice cream sammie hubby was eating while we talked about making this an annual trip (damn you COVID-19!) It was 10:30 at night and he wasn't able to eat it before it melted into a puddle because it was still sooo hot! Weather took a turn over the next few days but he was super happy to get some heat.
20200112_222436.jpg

Last edited:

Love the new room refurb. Stayed at POP in new room and thought it was a wonderful improvement. Was so excited this was coming to the All Stars. Despite the consensus on the Boards that it's "only a bit more to stay at POP" than AS it really adds up esp if staying over a week and paying US dollar. Believe the POP premium also hiked substantially with addition of the skyliner. Sure all AS will eventually get the upgrade but sad it has been so delayed because of COVID.

ps had no idea what 'naked tooties' might be. LOL. Need more coffee before diving into the Boards. 😆 :surfweb:

Last edited:
I liked the modern feel of the refurb but I'm on the fence about the no carpet thing. We have stayed in many hotels that have removed the carpet and most of the time the floors are not all that clean. Movies last year (and POFQ the year before) were no different.

Seeing these pics is making me really miss WDW. I'm going to go and get out some old pics today. In recent years I've taken very few and at some point a few years ago I stopped taking my camera altogether. We have been so many times that the pics started being all exactly the same. When we went over labour day weekend in 2019 I think I only took about 15 pics total.

Love the new room refurb. Stayed at POP in new room and thought it was a wonderful improvement. Was so excited this was coming to the All Stars. Despite the consensus on the Boards that it's "only a bit more to stay at POP" than AS it really adds up esp if staying over a week and paying US dollar. Believe the POP premium also hiked substantially with addition of the skyliner. Sure all AS will eventually get the upgrade but sad it has been so delayed because of COVID.

ps had no idea what 'naked tooties' might be. LOL. Need more coffee before diving into the Boards. 😆 :surfweb:
OMG, that's what I get for posting after midnight ... tootsies aka toes

I liked the modern feel of the refurb but I'm on the fence about the no carpet thing. We have stayed in many hotels that have removed the carpet and most of the time the floors are not all that clean. Movies last year (and POFQ the year before) were no different.

Seeing these pics is making me really miss WDW. I'm going to go and get out some old pics today. In recent years I've taken very few and at some point a few years ago I stopped taking my camera altogether. We have been so many times that the pics started being all exactly the same. When we went over labour day weekend in 2019 I think I only took about 15 pics total.
Me? I was very thrilled to have no carpets because of my allergies, I often cough and sneeze and on occasion ended up with hives on my feet! We took a swiffer and both dry and wet cloths with us and I just took a quick go at the floor every other day or so. I asked for extra bath mats to put at the door and we just left our shoes on that.

Me? I was very thrilled to have no carpets because of my allergies, I often cough and sneeze and on occasion ended up with hives on my feet! We took a swiffer and both dry and wet cloths with us and I just took a quick go at the floor every other day or so. I asked for extra bath mats to put at the door and we just left our shoes on that.
Me as well. If anyone thinks the bare floors are dirty just think of what the carpets held. You can't see the ground in dirt in a carpet that has been walked on by thousands of feet. Spilled stuff. Tiny critters living in it. The smells they hold. Yuck! Those carpets don't get a deep clean every week, a quick vacuum in high traffic areas and that would be it. At least with bare floor you can tell if you need to 'step over' something.
Yup, give me a bare floor in a hotel room any day.

We have stayed in the redone rooms at POP and Movies and really like them. I would stay at either again. Those pics do make me miss going! Kiddo wants to try a Mod next time because they have waterslides. He also wants to spend less time in the parks.

Every trip when I get back I put together a photo book and wait for them to send me a code for a free one. I have to put it together when we get back even if I don't end up buying it for 6 months so I don't forget what the pics were about.

Me as well. If anyone thinks the bare floors are dirty just think of what the carpets held. You can't see the ground in dirt in a carpet that has been walked on by thousands of feet. Spilled stuff. Tiny critters living in it. The smells they hold. Yuck! Those carpets don't get a deep clean every week, a quick vacuum in high traffic areas and that would be it. At least with bare floor you can tell if you need to 'step over' something.
Yup, give me a bare floor in a hotel room any day.
I’m in agreement there...I never though carpets where particular clean. I just don’t like walking around the room and feeling the dirt on my feet.

It has occurred to me to bring some swiffer cloths but I’ve never remembered to do that. I suppose I could go right now and add them to my travel essentials drawer. LOL....I’ve recently added some items. I’ve got a new crossbody bag just for WDW and I found some Lysol To Go spray. Our next WDW trip is almost a daily conversation lately.

I’m in agreement there...I never though carpets where particular clean. I just don’t like walking around the room and feeling the dirt on my feet.

It has occurred to me to bring some swiffer cloths but I’ve never remembered to do that. I suppose I could go right now and add them to my travel essentials drawer. LOL....I’ve recently added some items. I’ve got a new crossbody bag just for WDW and I found some Lysol To Go spray. Our next WDW trip is almost a daily conversation lately.
I am so glad to read that! I thought I was the only one who had this going on. Mine is not a drawer but a basket in my linen closet that holds all that. I have a make up bag with all my medical stuff like bandaids, tweezers, sample size aspirin, polysporin, those kind of things, just a home made kit. I have a make up bag for my electronics such as headphones, USB's, cords, Ipod, phone chargers. Pocket wipes, kleenex, stain remover, night light, you know the stuff. But no one else I know does this. They all think I'm insane.....till they need something while we are away. Then all of sudden I'm a genius, lol.
Glad to hear I'm in good company!

I am so glad to read that! I thought I was the only one who had this going on. Mine is not a drawer but a basket in my linen closet that holds all that. I have a make up bag with all my medical stuff like bandaids, tweezers, sample size aspirin, polysporin, those kind of things, just a home made kit. I have a make up bag for my electronics such as headphones, USB's, cords, Ipod, phone chargers. Pocket wipes, kleenex, stain remover, night light, you know the stuff. But no one else I know does this. They all think I'm insane.....till they need something while we are away. Then all of sudden I'm a genius, lol.
:rotfl2:The things I take on vacay.....
I have an entire pharmacy in my bag. Partly due to a friend many years ago telling me she did that because she had the things on hand at home and when you travel you often don’t have access to a pharmacy. The second reason I bring all that stuff is because I’ve had the experience of getting sick and needing the meds immediately. So now I have 2 cases that contain a ton of medical and toiletry stuff ....the list is so long I won’t go in to it. Then there are all random other things that I bring...travel kettle, cups, Lysol, command hooks, tea, oatmeal, cutting mat, knife, Palmolive wipes, pop up hamper, carabiners....the list go on and on. I keep all that stuff in a couple drawers in my closet. I also have a notebook with packing lists for different scenarios. That started the first time we travelled to the USA for national finals. The amount of critical stuff for comp that had to be brought was huge.

I have an entire pharmacy in my bag. Partly due to a friend many years ago telling me she did that because she had the things on hand at home and when you travel you often don’t have access to a pharmacy. The second reason I bring all that stuff is because I’ve had the experience of getting sick and needing the meds immediately. So now I have 2 cases that contain a ton of medical and toiletry stuff ....the list is so long I won’t go in to it. Then there are all random other things that I bring...travel kettle, cups, Lysol, command hooks, tea, oatmeal, cutting mat, knife, Palmolive wipes, pop up hamper, carabiners....the list go on and on. I keep all that stuff in a couple drawers in my closet. I also have a notebook with packing lists for different scenarios. That started the first time we travelled to the USA for national finals. The amount of critical stuff for comp that had to be brought was huge.
OMG! Command hooks! Why have I never thought of that?? Brilliant idea. I will be adding a few of those to my stuff as well.
This is why I like to see others packing lists. There's always something that someone has thought of that I didn't. Thanks.

I am also part of this club LOL!
I have thing organized into large clear Ziploc bags so I can keep everything easily accessible at the actual vacation destination.
I really need my morning cup o'tea and I am usually up earlier than the rest of my family so I started bringing a small travel kettle and tea bags years ago.
I started bringing the knife and cutting mat years ago after our first trip to Hawaii so I could cut up papayas and pineapple, we try to eat as much as we can while we are there because they are so sweet and fresh.

Now, a pop up hamper is a stroke of genius my friend! I am going to get one and just keep it in one of the suitcases we have. I usually designate the bottom drawer of a dresser to dirty laundry and just have the family put it there but more and more I am finding hotel rooms don't always have a dresser. This hamper idea is a pro tip, 100%!

I got no appreciation for this at home but here...you will get it. I found this by accident and of course I want one. I told DD that by getting one it would free up suitcase space for WDW swag....she agreed but still said I don't need it.

Ultrathin Upgraded Food Grade Silicone Travel Foldable Electric Kettle Boil Dry Protection Portable with Dual Voltage and Separable Power Cord,555ML 110-220V US Plug (Blue): Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen
This is so cool! We leave the travel kettle at home when we don't have checked luggage but this looks like it'd fit in carry-on. This could mean the end of coffee maker tasting tea, oatmeal and instant soup.

What kind of sheltered life do I lead that I never knew about palmolive wipes?? (none in stock at amazon now that I've googled lol) But yeah, everything else there is on my list too. I also use collapsible cloth storage baskets and a plastic shoe hanging organizer to put stuff in so everyone can see at one glance where the things they need are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter