Dolphin - Paying in advance?

Ityldu

Mouseketeer
I just called the Dolphin to see if I could pay room costs in advance and they said that wasn't possible. They said I could only pay upon check-in.

I swear I saw it mentioned on these boards that I could do this. I've done it with the Polynesian. I just feel better knowing that the resort is paid off, so that I'm not tempted to over spend.

Has anyone been able to do this?

Originally posted by Ityldu
I just called the Dolphin to see if I could pay room costs in advance and they said that wasn't possible. They said I could only pay upon check-in.

I swear I saw it mentioned on these boards that I could do this. I've done it with the Polynesian. I just feel better knowing that the resort is paid off, so that I'm not tempted to over spend.

Has anyone been able to do this?

I know people have posted that they have prepaid or in some cases even overpaid(sent spending money along also) to Disney resorts. The only thing I can think of is that since the Dolphin is not "offically" a Disney resort they do not want to deal with prepayments of rooms just in case someone does not show up?

Anyone have firsthand experiance with this at the Dolphin or Swan?

This is very strange, I paid for my entire stay with advance...as a matter of favt one night is paid for with spg points, and those are already deducted..I would call back and ask to speak with the front desk manager

Thank you. I called back and they were able to help me. I thought it was strange. Normally people are dying to get your money as quick as possible.

It feels so good to have all the resorts paid off. Only 4 more days. Yippeee!!!:p

it wasn't a problem. I sent a check with a note enclosed to apply to my balance. upon check-in I looked on the TV and the credit was right there :)

This is a thought.... I wouldn't usually let them have my money in advance, but with Delta Skymile Amex offering double miles for everything starting July 15, I might just pay for my Nov and Dec S/D stays while I'm there in August....

ILUVWDWTOO - It figures. I just got my Delta awards AMEX, which is what I'm putting the Disney trip on. Of course our trip ends June 30, so we miss out on the double points. I guess I'll just have to find other big purchases to make during that time period. Thanks for the tip.

Does anyone know if you can prepay with the Starwood AMEX card and then use the points you earn for a room upgrade? I am trying to use points to upgrade to club level for our Oct trip so I would definitely prepay if that were the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter