Dollar Rent A Car

dcfromva

No horsing around, Christmas is coming!
My sister just arrived at WDW. A couple of days ago I had convinced her to take advantage of the Dollar Rent a Car Entertain discount....

So far as I know the discount code worked out okay...but she did say when they went to pick up the rental car, they were in line for over an hour and had an unexpected charge. In order for both my sister and my b-i-l to be listed on the rental contract, there was an extra $5.00/ day charge. She normally rents from National which does not charge any additonal fee and had thought that no additional fee was the norm (I didn't even think about it). So, some of her savings evaporated....

-DC :earsboy:

Originally posted by dcfromva
My sister just arrived at WDW. A couple of days ago I had convinced her to take advantage of the Dollar Rent a Car Entertain discount....

So far as I know the discount code worked out okay...but she did say when they went to pick up the rental car, they were in line for over an hour and had an unexpected charge. In order for both my sister and my b-i-l to be listed on the rental contract, there was an extra $5.00/ day charge. She normally rents from National which does not charge any additonal fee and had thought that no additional fee was the norm (I didn't even think about it). So, some of her savings evaporated....

-DC :earsboy:

We rented from Dollar on our trip that we just completed. There was no line when we went to pick up our car. We had a compact rented using the FVG code for $127 for the five days. The woman indicated that it would be about a 10 to 15 min wait for a compact as they were running short on small cars but that we could take a minivan right away for no extra charge since they had "many" large cars. We took the minivan.

As far as the $5 per day charge for the extra driver. We rented from National last Sept and they were also going to charge $5 a day if I put my husbands name on the contract. Needless to say I did not add my husbands name.

Tiffany,

We rented from National last Sept and they were also going to charge $5 a day if I put my husbands name on the contract.
I was worried that National might have changed their rules! So, I went over to the web site to check. I think my sister always uses the Emerald Aisle and that might be the difference. (So do I for that matter).

Link to National Rental Car web site
Authorized Drivers:
Free (in the United States and Canada) – An Emerald Club members spouse, business partner, employer, or fellow associate who has an assigned corporate contract with National and drives the car for business purposes.

Now I am wondering if Dollar Fast Lane has a similar option (free spouse). I signed up for it, but my sister did not, obviously (I think she must have sign up for the slow lane--maybe in a week from now she will find that one funny :) ).

-DC :)

Originally posted by dcfromva
Tiffany,

I was worried that National might have changed their rules! So, I went over to the web site to check. I think my sister always uses the Emerald Aisle and that might be the difference. (So do I for that matter).

Link to National Rental Car web site
Authorized Drivers:
Free (in the United States and Canada) – An Emerald Club members spouse, business partner, employer, or fellow associate who has an assigned corporate contract with National and drives the car for business purposes.

Now I am wondering if Dollar Fast Lane has a similar option (free spouse). I signed up for it, but my sister did not, obviously (I think she must have sign up for the slow lane--maybe in a week from now she will find that one funny :) ).

-DC :)

We did not reserve through the Emerald Club so that explains the $5 charge at National for us. Since I like to do all of the driving anyway we never add his name. If an emergency came up and he had to drive he just would and hope that he did not get into an accident.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter