Doing the fuzzy math for on site vs off site . . .

When I compared staying off site to on site, in some cases, I was not saving any money. The difference is that off site (WH TH) we each get our own bedroom and plenty of space that we would not get staying on site. Each of us can go to sleep when we want to and we can fix a quick snack or watch TV without disturbing someone else. That, to me, is worth the fact that I'm spending as much as staying on site.

Since you asked about the breaking point for onsite vs offsite and what my breaking point is it would not be 88.00 for sure. That said we are a family of 5 and my mom always travels with us. We are limited on where we can stay onsite and we have now tried value, mod and deluxe and while deluxe was nice it was just not nice enough to justify the price. The monorail was down for repairs and the so was the pool slide, not a huge deal on their own but when I already think the room itself was comparable to a best western it was just not worth the money but the extra space was NICE!

So we are going to get a 2 bed villa for less than a deluxe and more than a mod. My mom works for a rental car company so we are renting using her corporate discount.

2 bedrooms, living room, 2 bathrooms and not being squished in like sardines just has more value at this point. Also DS3 is potty trained now so that is 5 people using one bathroom:scared:

Also we could rent two value rooms but my family did not like the value resort at all so that is not a option. My mom considers fort wilderness mobile homes so she just refuses for her own reasons...

I guess my point is for us it is less about overall cost and more about the experience.

Not sure about the doubletree, but a lot of the DTD resorts charge a daily "resort fee" which is anywhere between $10 & 20 per night, and aren't disclosed until check in. So your $88 might actually be a break even. The buses from downtown also do not drop you off at the same places the disney buses do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter