Doing Disney with an Infant. Our April Photo Trip Report.

Day5Epcot308.jpg

Day5Epcot309.jpg

Day5Epcot310.jpg

That pavillion was France. This is where we ate Lunch at earlier today. And we found the Kidcot area pretty much right next to where we were eating. This is starting to feel alot like last year as by the time we got the chance to explore the france pavillion it was after nightfall. Although last year the park was technically closed already when we finally got to look around it. In addition to some fine dining located in France there is yet again another Film about the country and you can meet many different characters here starting with Belle and the Beast, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, and Marie the Cat from Aristocats.

Day5Epcot311.jpg

Day5Epcot312.jpg

Day5Epcot314.jpg

Day5Epcot315.jpg

Day5Epcot316.jpg

Day5Epcot317.jpg

As we crossed the bridge into the United Kingdom people were already gathering for the night showing of Illuminations. By this point any chance of having a good spot for the show was gone. Oh well we had to get the stamps for Daniel as we didn't know if we would make it back to Epcot again. These stamps were our top priority so we were basically running at this point thruout the United Kingdom trying to find the Kidcot stand. Once we did it was basically a sprint now as we ran out to get to the final country. When your not in a hurry like we were though the United Kingdom is a fun country to explore as well. Those on the Character hunt will find Winnie the Pooh and friends, Mary Poppens, and Alice from Wonderland here.

Day5Epcot318.jpg

Day5Epcot319.jpg

Day5Epcot320.jpg

Day5Epcot321.jpg

As Daniel and I ran into the final Pavillion of Canada we were now on a frantic hunt for the final Kidcot station. We quickly moved thru stores and ran the winding pathway high into the pavillion. Only to find no Kidcot station. All ther other pavillions had the kidcot stations located in or near the shops. Where was the Canada one. Upon further inspection we finally found it. and it was nowhere close to where we were. It was located at the exit of the Film you can watch about Canada. So down we ran again (after getting my hat picture) and then made our way back in to where the station was. Upon getting it we quickly ran back out to the main walk way to where Illuminations would be starting in less then 10 minutes.

Day5Epcot323.jpg

Day5Epcot324.jpg

Day5Epcot325.jpg

Although we finished what we set out to do before Illuminations started we were now facing another issue. Daniel was hungry and he was making it known. There was no chance we'd make it to the baby care center before the show started. And even if we did then we wouldn't be able to watch the show. So we were now looking everywhere we could in the sea of people for a spot where Kiera could sit and feed, not be noticed by the general public, and still see the fireworks. We ended up finding that spot in front of the Canada stage. She found a bench in the back corner where she could sit and feed. And nobody would notice as there attention would be on the show.

I have to appologize for not giving much details about most of the World Showcase Pavillions. Unfortunatly I don't really know how to explain them more in depth then I did. In basically each pavillion we just walked around them, looked in the shops, and then left. I'd really love to see Epcot add some more actual rides to the World Showcase. Perhaps they would when more countries ever get added. Still although I was short for words for most of the World Showcase don't think thats because we don't care for it. In fact we think the World Showcase is the Gem of Disney World and the Orlando parks in general. There is nothing like the World Showcase anywhere else. Its a unique experiance that can only be seen in Epcot. We love how authentic everything is from the merchandise thats sold to the food thats made. Even the employees are from there respective countries. It truely is an incredible experiance. Maybe its one of those things where theres just not enough words to discribe how great it is.

As Illuminations was about to start I went and got a closer spot to watch and take photos from during the show. But now I was facing another problem. The camera itself. After a long day and hundreds of photos later the cameras battery had about had it. It was blinking in the red and was about to run out of juice. Prior to leaving on vacation I had ordered a backup battery for the camera. However it did not arrive when it was suppose to so I never got it before we left. I did bring a back up camera for instances like this but I left it at the hotel. I was in trouble and with a few things I HAD to have the camera for later I had to sacrifice picture taking somewhere and Illuminations is where the cut was made. The photos i'm sharing are the only ones I took of the show tonight. I figured to cut Illuminations cause typically nighttime shows are the hardest to photograph in the first place.

As for the show itself it was Great. Last year we watched the Show from the America pavillion and watching it this year from Canada seemed to be a MUCH better viewing point. I don't know if we were really closer or not but it diffenitly seemed like we were closer to the action as last year it seemed hard to make out the images on the Globe but this year I could see them clearly. The show is showing its age though and I wish they could come up with a better set up then spending half the day moving and setting up the barges used in the show in the middle of the Lagooon as they aren't exactly the nicest looking things. The show uses a mix of fire, fountains, lasers, and fireworks with an illuminated globe in the middle. The show is really cool and the music goes perfect with it. Its good for what it is and is a do not miss but i'd really like to see it updated with new technology.

Day5Epcot326.jpg

Day5Epcot327.jpg

Day5Epcot328.jpg

After the show was over Kiera was still feeding Daniel when it dawned on me. I Forgot to get a hat picture in the United Kingdom. While she finished up I ran back to the United Kingdom to try and get one only to find that everything was already closed up. I guess the shops don't stay open longer on normal closing nights like they do during Extra Magic Hours which was going on last year when we came. I went back to Kiera who was now done saddened that I missed it. Maybe I will get the chance to get it later in the week. Only time would tell.

Thanks to reading sites like EasyWDW.com I knew there was one last thing we wanted to do before leaving Epcot. And that was to see the Mickey and Friends characters. But wait I already said the park has officially closed for the night. Well thanks to reading the Easywdw blog I knew that with Test Track being closed that Disney was leaving the Character Spot open until 10pm. They are also keeping everything in the Land Pavillion open until 10 too although at the time of our trip Disney was not advertising ether of these. So to the Character Spot we went.

Day5Epcot330.jpg

Earlier in the day when we passed by the Character Spot there was a posted 45 minute wait. I'm sorry but thats far too long to wait for characters. So with this after close tip we only saw a 5 minute wait to meet Mickey and the gang. Obviously we weren't the only ones here but the line moved quickly. Much better then 45 minutes anyways. Daniel was of course way cute with the characters once again. He totally adored Mickey. I'm sure its for the same reasons He loved Duffy. Which is because he has a Stuffed Mickey that he plays with all the time. We didn't think to try to get cute pictures at this time though so the only pictures we have with the characters (other then photopass) are the ones i'm posting. We later learned to have one parent wait out and take photos and then take a group picture at the end.

Day5Epcot331.jpg

The first Character at the Character Spot like I said is Mickey. He is then followed by Pluto, and then Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy. We got all of there autographs in Daniels book as well. If you want to see Mickey and all his pals I think this is the best location to do it in as you can get them all done at once instead of waiting in multipule different lines. Its especially best if you do it before 9 and 10pm like we did when most people don't realize its open.

Day5Epcot332.jpg

Day5Epcot334.jpg

Day5Epcot336.jpg

Day5Epcot340.jpg

Day5Epcot342.jpg

Day5Epcot347.jpg

After the Character Spot we were done for the day. It had been a long day and we were exhausted. We had seen and done alot and did a ton of walking. As we made our way towards the park exit we once again stopped at a couple photopass photographers to get some pictures wtih Spaceship Earth before leaving the park. Then one seemed like a short walk earlier this morning seemed like the longest walk ever when we were returning to the car. We got all packed up and then made our way to the exit while the country song "Crazy Girl" played on the radio. We had an amazing Day at Epcot. It still remains one of our favorites as with the exception of Soarin and Nemo to an extent nothing else there can be experianced anywhere else. Epcot is very unique and amazing park that we love. Adults will appreciate it much more then kids will but theres still plenty for the little ones to see and do there. As we learned last year its also very pregnant and infant friendly and is the park that has the least amount off attractions that someone pregant or an Infant/toddler would have to sit out on.

Day5Epcot350.jpg

Day5Epcot351.jpg

Day5Epcot352.jpg

Day5Epcot354.jpg

Day5Epcot356.jpg

We finally left Epcot about an hour after it officially closed. After getting briefly lost we finally returned back to the Hotel at about 10:45 where we quickly got ready for bed. Daniel crashed out while eating and Kiera showered and prepaired for the next day before coming to bed. The park we would be going to tomorrow would be one where it was crucial that we tried to be there at rope drop. Any guesses to which park we would be heading to? Did we make it to rope drop? You'll just have to wait and find out.

Great EPCOT finale! Sounds like it was a great day. I hadn't heard that about the character spot being open later! We rarely make it out that late but it would be a fun stop after Illuminations. I'm surprised Danny was up and so alert that late! Cute pics!

Nice job getting the stamps from all the kidcot stations! :cool1: I also love EPCOT, too. We loved staying at the BC during our last trip - can't beat walking to EPCOT!

This is a great trip report! Thanks so much for sharing..I have to say I am a bit jealous...this report is coming from a man's point of view..I would love to see what my DH would write for a trip report!!! Your little boy is just adorable and he looks so happy in EVERY picture!!!!
Thanks again for sharing the story of your first trip to the World with your Son!!!

Finally got all caught up! Loved your Universal report. We are big fans of the Universal parks, but don't see much love for them over here on the Dis, especially not in TRs. :goodvibes The minigolf area looks amazing! I'm just dying to get back there (we skipped it our last Disney trip) to see WWoHP and maybe try that minigolf. Very cool that you got a surprise viewing of the new nighttime show. They recently discussed it on a Dis podcast, and it sounds awesome.

Your Epcot day was so busy! I can't believe how much y'all were able to get done with a little one in tow. :thumbsup2 The character pictures are SO cute, especially the one with Duffy! Danny looks like he is just having the BEST time. Also I love the idea of getting your pic taken with a hat in each country. Sounds like a fun scavenger hunt! Hopefully you were able to get your UK one.

We LOVED the baby care centers on our WDW trip. They were really invaluable, and I can see them being wonderful for nursing moms. DS had just weaned about 3 weeks before our trip and I was so relieved because I was nervous about nursing in the parks, but after seeing what they have available, I definitely wouldn't be afraid to bring a baby that was still nursing on future trips. I'm glad they worked so well for Kiera for the rest of your trip! The only one we had trouble finding was Epcot's, but once we did, it was probably our favorite one.

Looking forward to more soon!

Awesome EPCOT updates!!! :goodvibes Thanks for all the info. I'm interested to see what you figured out that was even better than the FP/rider swap combo! Too cute that Danny loved Figment. It sounds like he had a great day there. Your lunch sounds like fun with the combo of England & France!

I wondered how Danny would do on Maelstrom since it was so dark..but he just slept so I guess I won't find out LOL. The Flower & Garden festival looks so nice, IDK why I never have been during that time.

We are considering doing the Behind the Seeds tour this year bc we've always really enjoyed Living with the Land too! Was Danny bored or enjoying seeing everything? We'll also skip the Energy ride...;)

Looking forward to more!

Well i'll be sharing what we found worked with fastpass/rider swap in my next update. However i'm not exactly sure if it would be considered cheating the system or not. I guess i'll let you guys decided lol. It was just and expanded use of FastPass with Rider Swap.

Yes Daniel slept on Maelstrom however in most of the other dark rides that he was awake for he did fine. The only time he had any issues was if there was complete darkness. So long as there were lights or something to look at he was fine. Yes we love the Flower and Garden festival and were happy to go again this year like we did last.

Great EPCOT finale! Sounds like it was a great day. I hadn't heard that about the character spot being open later! We rarely make it out that late but it would be a fun stop after Illuminations. I'm surprised Danny was up and so alert that late! Cute pics!

Nice job getting the stamps from all the kidcot stations! :cool1: I also love EPCOT, too. We loved staying at the BC during our last trip - can't beat walking to EPCOT!

Yes we loved that the character spot is open later during the Test Track remodel. The best part is even with it advertised most park guests still don't realize its open or they are so tired they just want to leave the park. I'd much rather wait and have a 5 minute wait after illuminations compared to a 30+ wait earlier in the day. Also keep in mind that everything in the Land is still open til 10pm too which means much shorter lines for Soarin and a night ride on Living with the Land which I heard can be pretty cool.

I don't know if your getting an autograph book for your little one on the trip be we loved having one for Daniel so that it can be something he remembers as he gets older. We had the differnt countries stamp in the back of the book. In addition to the stamps though they each wrote a little message to Daniel in there native languages so that was really neat of them to do. Each country took an entire page.

This is a great trip report! Thanks so much for sharing..I have to say I am a bit jealous...this report is coming from a man's point of view..I would love to see what my DH would write for a trip report!!! Your little boy is just adorable and he looks so happy in EVERY picture!!!!
Thanks again for sharing the story of your first trip to the World with your Son!!!

Thank you. Yeah i'm the one who has the writting bug. My wife actually doesn't like to write that much so thats why I do it. I know it gets pretty in depth and some people might not care for the writing and only want to see the pictures and thats ok. I write in so much detail so that we can remember our trips and the memories we made. If there was an economical and financial way i'd love to compile of all my trip reports i've wrote (with pictures) into a type of book that we could have around the house and what not.

Finally got all caught up! Loved your Universal report. We are big fans of the Universal parks, but don't see much love for them over here on the Dis, especially not in TRs. :goodvibes The minigolf area looks amazing! I'm just dying to get back there (we skipped it our last Disney trip) to see WWoHP and maybe try that minigolf. Very cool that you got a surprise viewing of the new nighttime show. They recently discussed it on a Dis podcast, and it sounds awesome.

Your Epcot day was so busy! I can't believe how much y'all were able to get done with a little one in tow. :thumbsup2 The character pictures are SO cute, especially the one with Duffy! Danny looks like he is just having the BEST time. Also I love the idea of getting your pic taken with a hat in each country. Sounds like a fun scavenger hunt! Hopefully you were able to get your UK one.

We LOVED the baby care centers on our WDW trip. They were really invaluable, and I can see them being wonderful for nursing moms. DS had just weaned about 3 weeks before our trip and I was so relieved because I was nervous about nursing in the parks, but after seeing what they have available, I definitely wouldn't be afraid to bring a baby that was still nursing on future trips. I'm glad they worked so well for Kiera for the rest of your trip! The only one we had trouble finding was Epcot's, but once we did, it was probably our favorite one.

Looking forward to more soon!

Yes we loved Universal and I can't stress enough how great the parks are. We love them every bit as much as we do the Disney parks. Just for different reasons. I think so many people walk away from them dissapointed because they expect to find the same Disney magic there and they won't find it. Universal isn't trying to be Disney. They are trying to be Universal and as long as your not trying to compare the two then you will have a blast. The Wizarding World is amazing and worth seeing. But take the time and slow down and see all the other amazing attractions and areas that are found in Islands of Adventure. More people would have a great time there if they just did that.

Yes it was busy and each Disney day to follow would be the same. Daniel did great though and as long as he was feed and got naps he was more then happy to go along with everything. I still can't get over how much he loved the characters. Even when I put these reports together and he sees the character photos he gets some big grins on his face again.

I can't recommend the Baby Care Centers enough to those traveling with Infants. They are wonderful and Kiera would probably agree with you on Epcot being her favorite for everything other then the feeding area as she much prefered the private nursing rooms in Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom compared to the group rooms in Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

Well i've been working on the next update. I hope to have it done soon. Thanks everyone.

Day 6: Disney's Hollywood Studios Part 1

The morning of a new day was upon us. And not only was it a new day but we would also finally be visiting a New park. Now i'm not gonna lie to you. I've been very excited to write about this day for this entire trip report. Not because it was our favorite day, or because something major happened. But because its something new and fresh to write about. I don't know how many people have followed or viewed my previous trip reports but if you have then you'd know Kiera and I have visited both Universal parks twice and Epcot once in the past 3 years. Although i've loved writing about those parks I couldn't help but feel at times that I was just repeating things i've said before. Well not anymore as the next 3 days will cover parks that we have not visited in a very long time or even ever. Because of that these next 3 days will be my largest recaps of the trip as we tended to take the most pictures in them.

As i've said before I used easywdw.com and touringplans.com to plan this vacation and most of the days were catered around there crowd calenders. However today was one of those days where the calenders disagreed with one another. What easywdw recommended touringplans said to avoid. I debated about where we would be this day almost until we left for vacation. Would it be Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. Well I decided to trust my gut (and many others wonderful advice) and trust easywdw and go to the Hollywood Studios this day.

The last time I had walked into the Hollywood Studios was when the park would have still been known as Disney's MGM Studios. The year was 1993 so the park was fairly young still. There was no Tower of Terror, No rockin roller coaster, heck no Sunset Blvd in general (although Sunset blvd and TOT were under construction at the time), Lights, Motor, Action wasn't around yet, there was not Toy Story or Pixar place. Infact there wasn't much to the park at all. All I faintly remember was the Great Movie Ride, the Animation Studio tour, and the Indiana Jones stunt show. Yet dispite there being so little to do I remembered the park being a favorite. I know its not a popular opinion but i've always been a fan of the studio style parks. I guess I credit that to typically going to Universal Studios Hollywood each year as part of our Disneyland trips in the late 80's and early 90s. Would that still hold true today? Interestingly Kiera remembered even less about the studios then I did dispite going last in 1997. The only thing she remembered was the Tower of Terror.

Knowing that Toy Story Midway Mania is one of the most packed attractions in the resort and also keeping in mind that it was one of the few major rides that Daniel could go on I knew we had to get to the park as close to park opening as possible. This was gonna be tough but I figured we could do it. We tried going to bed earlier the night before and by 8:30am we were finally leaving the hotel and heading out to the car. We didn't have time to eat at the hotel today if we wanted to catch the parks 9am opening. Instead we grabbed some breakfast to go from Chick-Fila again and ate in the car as we made the 10 minute drive to the park.

Day6HollywoodStudios2.jpg

We drove thru the parking gates at around 8:45. It was gonna be close but I think we are gonna make rope drop. That was until I saw where we would be directed to park. We were way far in the back of the parking lot. And we would have to take the trams to get to the enterance. This would add time but It wouldn't take long. Besides we just needed to be at the park as close to opening as possible right. We didn't have to be first in line or anything. In the distance towering was the Tower of Terror. I was so excited to see it as I remember seeing it under construction and wishing our trip would have been a few months later.

Day6HollywoodStudios4.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios6.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios7.jpg

The walk to the tram was possibly the worst walk of the day as we were parked way far from it. The ride to the park was nice though. Right at about 9am we were finally dropped off in front of the enterance and made our way thru baggage check and there we were. Finally entering thru the pan pacific inspired turnstyles and onto the lavish and great Hollywood Blvd. Now this is how a studio theme parks enterance should look. Yes Universal Studios Hollywood is similar to this. However Universal Studios Florida is not. I never understood why Universal designed the park that way as the parks Hollywood section would have made a much more finer and grand enterance area. I love the DHS enterance area though (dispite USF's Hollywood section being better in my opinion) although missing at the end of the street that I remembered was the now hidden Icon. Instead of the Chinese Theater there is the Sorcerers Hat. A good looking and fun structure in its own right. I just hate that it blocks the Theater from the view down Hollywood Blvd. A view the street was designed to give.

Day6HollywoodStudios9.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios10.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios12.jpg

The time was 9:10 when we entered the park. We made our way down Hollywood Blvd turning right into the Animation courtyard. From there it was a strait shot to Pixar Place where Toy Story Midway Mania is located. I quickly grabbed us fastpasses to user later in the day (about 2 1/2 hours out from this time) and then we proceeded to get in the standby line. However we stopped right in our tracks. Posted wait was 60 minutes. Are you serious I thought? The parks been open for 15 minutes. There were no morning extra magic hours today. I can't belive stand by is already an hour out. At this point I started wondering if this was a trend we would see all day. Did Easywdw get it wrong? Did I choose the wrong park today? Since we had fastpasses in hand we decided we would just come back and do the one ride later with the fastpasses as we didn't want to wait an hour to ride.

Day6HollywoodStudios13.jpg

Directly across from Midway Mania though is the Toy Story Character Meet and Greet where you can meet Woody and Buzz Lightyear. The wait here was posted at 20 minutes which we decided to wait out as we figured Daniel would probably love Buzz and Woody. The line to meet the characters is really cool and well done too as there are many different photo ops from the Toy Story films that you can take pictures with which made waiting in line much more fun.

Day6HollywoodStudios34.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios14.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios15.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios16.jpg

It was q uickly our turn to meet the characters and we were saddend once we rounded the corner and only saw Buzz Lightyear. Woody must have been a break or something at the time. Oh well Daniel wouldn't know the difference. He of course absolutly loved Buzz as much as the other characters. Buzz was really cute with him too.

Day6HollywoodStudios18.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios20.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios22.jpg

After exiting the meet and greet we saw that Midway Manias wait time had now dropped down to 30 minutes. With our fastpasses still 2 hours out we figured 30 minutes would be a decent wait and then we'd still be able to get 2 rides in on it. However once we entered the que we were shocked to find basically No line at all. It was pretty much empty. We finally caught up to the end of the line shortly after you pass the Mr. Potato Head. In total we only waited 15 minutes until we were boarding the ride vehicle. Diffenitly not the 30 minutes that was posted.

Day6HollywoodStudios33.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios23.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios24.jpg

We had rode Toy Story Mania once before. It was in December of 2008 at Disney's California Adventure. There the ride is located in Paradise Pier so the facade and que are themed to the Victorian Boardwalk. Other then the game posters and the Mr. Potato Head Animatronic the line was pretty boring. The que in Hollywood Studios blows the DCA que out of the waters. I loved it. I love how you immediatly feel toy sized the second you walk thru the door. I love that your basically in Andys bedroom and that all the toys are huge. It just sets up the ride and experiance much better then the California version does and because of that I think the ride is better in Florida dispite the ride itself being the exact same.

Day6HollywoodStudios26.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios27.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios28.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios29.jpg

These types of shooter rides always brings out the best in Kiera and I. When we rode Midway Mania in California Kiera barely beat me out. So I was excited to see if I could beat her this time. Of course we would have a new obstical in the game. An Infant. Obviously one of us would have to hold Daniel while playing on the ride. Thats also the main reason we wanted to ride twice so that we could each have a turn holding Daniel. I know Midway Mania has seen critisim towards taking Infants on the Ride. From our experiance Daniel did just fine and loved it. Obviously the game is harder when holding him. However we found that other then holding him tight while the vehicle was moving he could support himself and keep himself upright while we used both hands to actually play the game. Daniel loved the spinning and especially the game when the air would blow in our faces or the water would spray. He had a blast on it. The first ride Kiera held him but she still put up a good fight. I barely beat her with a score of 121,200 to her 119,700. The ride is seriously so much fun and one we consider a Do Not Miss. Keep in mind this thing will pull in crazy long lines later in the day and Fastpass runs out quick so get to the park early and do it first thing.

Day6HollywoodStudios30.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios32.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios31.jpg

After Toy Story we saw one of the Green Army Men outside with no wait so we stopped so Daniel could see him. This was the first character where Daniel wasn't too sure about him lol.

Day6HollywoodStudios35.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios37.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios38.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios39.jpg

After that we left Pixar place and made our way back thru the Animation courtyard Arch. It was here where we came across our first photopass CM of the day so we stopped and got a photo. Everybody needs a photo with archway. At least I think so anyways as it was one of the most iconic structures located at the Hollywood Studios.

Day6HollywoodStudios40.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios42.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios43.jpg

We then made our way to Sunset Blvd. The street that was under construction the last time I visited the park. And home of two of the parks biggest attractions. We would be heading down here as the Rockin Roller Coaster is said to be the second most popular attraction and to do it is early as possible. As we made our way down Sunset Blvd we came across another Photopass CM so we got another picture with the Tower of Terror.

Day6HollywoodStudios44.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios45.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios48.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios49.jpg

At the end of the Street you turn left and enter the Area where Rockin Roller Coaster is located. While this is a major attraction that we might consider using the Fastpass/Rider Swap plan on this time around there was a better option. An option that we know all too well from our time in the Universal Parks. And since Test Track at Epcot was closed this would be the first time using this option on Disney property. The Single Rider line. This option is one we love at the Universal parks as each major attraction has one there. However at Disney there are only 3 of them located between the 4 parks. They are at Test Track in Epcot, Rockin Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios, and Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom. They are a great option if you don't mind riding with others in your party. Or in this instance if you have a parent waiting behind with a child.

Day6HollywoodStudios50.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios52.jpg

Although at times the Rockin Roller Coaster's single rider line is often critisized for being a longer wait then you'd think at times it was the chance we were willing to take compared to the 40 minute stand by line. I entered the Single Rider line first and walked all the way to the Studio merge area. After letting the Fastpass guests enter first and then letting the standby guests in they then allowed the Single Rider guests to walk across to a seperate waiting area. An area that is chained off. However some of the Fastpass guests unlocked the chain and entered the area on there own without the CM's noticing. From this point everyone goes in to the preshow area where Aerosmith appear in the recording studio and invite you along to a concert. From hear your directed into the alley to board you limo to take you to there show.

Day6HollywoodStudios53.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios54.jpg

The Limo of course is the Coaster train. And before I would board I was about to see a freak out by the fastpass guests that unlocked the chain and entered the single rider line. As they were told they would have to split up being in the single rider line. They couldn't understand why they couldn't go as a group and that nobody told them they were in that line. Thats great and all but maybe you sholdn't be unlocking chains that you shouldn't touch in the first place. With how irrate the group was getting they asked them to step to the side while they then pulled those of us who really were single riders to the front.

Including the Pre Show the Single Rider wait was only about 12 minutes before I was boarding the train. Then the fun was really gonna start. This coaster takes place completly indoors and in the dark. It starts with an awesome launch down a tunnel and into one of I think 3 inversions. Its suppose to simulate as if your speeding along an LA freeway to get to the show as you pass traffic signs and other LA landmarks (illumiated as black lights) along the way. It ends as you pull up to the red carpet at the theater for the show. This coaster is way awesome and one of my favorites of the trip. It was easily hands down the best indoor coaster i've been on. The signs you past may look tacky at times but the coaster speed, inversions, and layout were all very fun as you couldn't see the inversions coming. Plus a nice launch is always alot of fun. So long as Coasters, Launches, Inversions, or Dark rides don't scare you this is also a Do not miss attraction. It is possibly one of my favorite Disney coasters ever. And the Aerosmith soundtrack diffenitly helps the excitement of the ride. Infact it might be what makes the ride so great.

Upon exiting I actually ran into Kiera looking around the exit shop. We exchanged Daniel and she made her way into the Single Rider Line and then into the attraction. Daniel and I waited outside in a shaded area but by this point in the morning he started to fuss a little bit as he was getting hungry. The only way I was really able to keep him happy while Kiera was gone was to constantly be moving around so we made quite a few laps around the attraction courtyard. In the Courtyard area they also have aerosmith music playing so at least it wasn't boring music (If you're an aerosmith fan anyways). Kiera returned about 10 minutes later and she too really enjoyed the coaster.

Day6HollywoodStudios55.jpg

The next ride we would be heading to was the neighbor to the Rockin Roller Coaster and the Disney Ride that I had looked forward to the most on this trip. A ride that was under construction the last time I came to this park. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. But at this point Daniel was starving. It was time for him to eat. So we did what we originally planned to do the previous day at Epcot with Mission: Space. We got the rider swap card. Then while Kiera went to Feed Daniel at the Baby Care Center I would hope in the posted 25 minute wait standby line for the Tower of Terror.

Day6HollywoodStudios56.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios58.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios59.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios61.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios62.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios63.jpg

The Baby Care Center in Hollywood Studios is located at the very front of the park in the Guest Services building. Its also the only park where its not located in a more central location but we didnt' find that a big issue with the Studios smaller size. Its also less then a 5 minute walk away from the Tower of Terror so Kiera was able to get there and start feeding in no time. I on the other hand was now waiting in what would end up being my longest wait of the entire day. The line started barely past the entry gates and winded its way thru the hotel gardens. While waiting they even opened part of the line to extend the outdoor que even longer. Finally though I reached the atrium area of the the "hotel" that had been abandoned for many years and then turned into the hotel Lobby. A lobby that was covered in cobwebs or dust. A lobby that had sat abandoned since that fateful night. The line took exactly what it said it would to reach the preshow area. 25 minutes. After the preshow there is another line in the boiler room as you wait to board one of four matenance service elevators. This waiting area doesn't take long at all though to get thru.

Day6HollywoodStudios65.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios67.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios68.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios69.jpg

The time had come. The elevator door opened and we loaded into the elevator. The ride I had waited nearly 19 years to ride was finally about to start. Would it live up to the hype I had built up in my mind? I rode the Tower of Terror at California Adventure in 2008. Would it compare to that ride which I thought was amazing and the best ride in that struggling park at the time? I would soon find out as the elevator started to lift. Then the doors open to a hallway. There are the ghosts of the people that went missing back in the 30's. Then the room turns into a starfield with the window breaking. The doors close and up we go again. Something turely awesome was about to happen here though. Our elevator started moving. We left the shaft and were now moving thru the "5th Demension". This doesn't happen in the California version of the ride so its pretty cool to see and experiance. Could this ride get any better. Oh yes and it was about to when suddenly the elevator stopped moving and then dropped. Unlike California that uses the same drop sequence every time the Tower in Florida is randomized with I think I heard 10 different drop programs. These randomized drop programs made the ride better each time I rode as it made it a new experiance each time. I also belive the Florida tower is taller then California tower and the views were awesome. The ride ends with us surviving the Twilight Zone and exiting in the hotels basement.

Day6HollywoodStudios71.jpg

This ride is truely incredible and well worth the wait to ride the original version. It lived up to the hype I built up in my mind and as I told Kiera when we later met up "It made the California version look incredibly lame". In my opinion this is easily one of top 3 Disney rides i've ever been on. Do Not miss this ride if you can handle the drops. Heck walking thru the hotel lobby and grounds are worth it alone. I could not get over how awesome this ride is.

Day6HollywoodStudios72.jpg

Once outside I called Kiera and she was still feeding although she was almost done. Our window for our Toy Story Midway Mania Fastpasses had now become avalible so we would be heading there once she finished feeding. However since she wasn't done yet I took the oppertunity to go back to Rockin Roller Coaster and ride it once again using the Single Rider Line. This time I was thru the line and preshow and boarding the train in less then 10 minutes. Like I said I've seen people advise against using Single Rider on Rockin Roller Coaster but it worked out excellent each time Myself or Kiera used it on our trip. The ride was just as good the 2nd time as it was the 1st. I would have loved to have ridden again but time would not allow for it.

Day6HollywoodStudios73.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios74.jpg

While I was waiting in line to ride Rockin Roller Coaster again Kiera finished feeding Daniel and started to head back to Pixar Place where I would meet back up with her. On her way there though as she passed by the Sorcerer Hat area she saw many of the characters that were out. One of which was Piglet who had a short wait. So she decided to stop and take Daniel to see Piglet who he once again loved. We didn't make the same mistake as we did the day prior though and we brought the back up camera. So although the primary camera was with me at Rockin Roller Coaster Kiera still had a camera on her so she could get the photo with Piglet.

Day6HollywoodStudios80.jpg

On my way to Pixar Place to reunite with my Family I debated with myself about pulling fastpasses to come back and ride Tower of Terror again. This was the start of our better way of using Fastpass with Riderswap. I eventually decided to do it and pulled 2 fastpasses for Tower of Terror (keep in mind we also have a rider swap card at this time for it). The return window was only 40 minutes out. I then strolled thru Sunset Blvd. This street is themed just as great as Hollywood Blvd and if you look closely you might find a familiar theater that is the new Icon of the Reborn Disney's California Adventure park. The Carthay Circle Theater. Of course its nowhere near as detailed here though as it is in California. Or how the real version was for that matter.

Day6HollywoodStudios75.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios76.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios78.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios79.jpg

Back at Pixar Place I finally meet back up with Kiera and Daniel and we made our way back to Midway Mania to use our Fastpasses. We entered the Fastpass line where we once again saw another arguement taking place. This time it was 2 ladies arguing about why they couldn't use there any attraction MAGIC KINGDOM fastpass (a fastpass they probably got for a ride breakdown earlier in the day at the magic kingdom) at Toy Story Mania. I could clearly see the ticket where it said it was only valid at the Magic Kingdom but these ladies would not take no for an answer. They were eventually allowed to use them here. Using the fastpass line the wait was much shorter then it was earlier in the day and we were glad we had them as the wait was now back up to 60 minutes. Within 5 minutes we were boarding the ride vehicle again.

Day6HollywoodStudios91.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios81.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios82.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios83.jpg

This time it would be my time to hold Daniel on the ride. I barely beat Kiera the first time we rode this today. Would Daniel give me the disadvantage she had on our first ride? We sat down and I set Daniel on my lap and pulled the lap bar over both of us and then into the ride we went to play the game. Once again Daniel absolutly loved it and to my suprise I beat Kiera again even with holding Daniel this time with a score of 122,200 to her 108,400. Yes I scored higher holding Daniel and Kiera scored less not holding him. We found however that we were getting exhausted quicker and our shoulders were hurting pulling the string this time around though compared to before so we think thats why Kiera did worse the 2nd time around. Overall though the ride was once again a blast and we were glad that we did it again.

Day6HollywoodStudios86.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios87.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios88.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios89.jpg

After exiting Midway Mania and looking in the small Toy Store shop located next to the Meet and Greet and still having time before the Tower of Terror Fastpass window we went to another ride. A ride located within the TRUE Icon of Disney's Hollywood Studios. The Great Movie Ride. The ride thats the reason the Studios exist in the first place. The facade of the ride being the Gramanns Chinese Theater is incredible and looks exactly like the real deal. Its such a shame that this thing is covered by that hat. Because of the hat you can't even get a picture of the full building anymore. The posted wait for the ride was 10 minutes and it proved to be pretty accurate. In the Que you pass different props from famous movies before waiting in a "theater" where the trailers play for the movies featured in the Great Movie Ride.

Day6HollywoodStudios90.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios93.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios94.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios98.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios99.jpg

We soon boarded our vehicle and then began our Journey into Cinematic history on this long ride. You pass thru many scenes from classic movies such as Singin in the Rain and Mary Poppins before we stopped in a scene from The Public Enemy. Here a live Gangster came out and chased away our tour guide before getting in a gun fight with other rival gangsters. He then highjacked our tour vehicle as we continued onwards into the next show scene that was a Western town with John Wayne and Clint Eastwood giving chase to the Gangster that had stolen our vehicle.

Day6HollywoodStudios101.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios102.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios103.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios105.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios106.jpg

We next enter an Alien Spacecraft where we get attacked by the Aliens from the movie Alien. I remembered this portion of the ride giving us a scare when we were younger however I thought it was pretty weak this time around. I'm sure it hasn't been changed at all but it seemed much scarier back in the day. We then entered what looks like some Egyptian tombs where we passed a scene from the Indiana Jones Movie Raiders of the Lost Ark and then came to a stop at the base of a large alter with a large jewel at the top with a cloaked figure guarding it. The gangster jumped out to go steal the jewel and was warned to not touch it by the guardian. He ignored the warning though and in a poof of smoke the Gangster was now nothing more then a skeleton. The guarding then revealed themselves to be our original tour guide and retook over the tour vehicle and we continued on our way. We passed thru the Jungle where we see Tarzan and passed the classic Scene from Casablanca before arriving in the largest scene of all. The Wizard of Oz.

Day6HollywoodStudios107.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios108.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios109.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios110.jpg

This set is huge and is the town of Munchkinland. The Munchkins come out and are happy to see us but quickly hide when we encounter the Wicked Witch of the West who threatens us for Killing the her sister. She then vanishes and the Munchkins once again come out and wish us on our way down the yellow brick rode as we eventually pass Dorthy, the Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, and Scarecrow as they approace the emerald city. The ride concludes with a quick movie montage highlighting some of the most memorable scenes from cinama history. I was actually suprised to see some newer films in the montage as well.

Day6HollywoodStudios111.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios112.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios113.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios115.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios116.jpg

The Great Movie ride really is a classic and something that should be done when visiting the Hollywood Studios. yeah it can be boring or seem outdated but without some of the classic films featured inside the ride the movie industry wouldn't be what it is today. With that said though the ride could use some updating in some of the more minor scenes to make it more releveant to a newer younger audiance. This ride is the true heart of the studios and what the park is all about.

Day6HollywoodStudios117.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios118.jpg

Upon exiting the Great Movie Ride our Tower of Terror Fastpasses had become avalible for use. Being So close to Star Tours though we decided to quickly run down and grab 2 Fastpasses for it. Remember you can grab fastpasses for an attraction whenever your first fastpass window becomes avalible or 2 hours after you pulled your first fastpass. With 2 Star Tours in our hands we made our way around Echo Lake and back to Sunset Blvd where we returned to the Tower of Terror.

Day6HollywoodStudios119.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios120.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios121.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios122.jpg

Now remember at this time we were holding 2 Fastpasses and a Rider swap card for Tower of Terror. Since Kiera had not rode it yet she went on the ride first using one of our Fastpasses. However before entering the line we got another Rider Swap card. So now with Kiera in line for the Tower of Terror we were holding 1 Fastpass and 2 Rider Swap cards. While we walked to the Tower of Terror we decided we would eat lunch after our rides so while Kiera was on the ride Daniel and I walked over to the area that looks kind of like a farmers market but is an assortment of different counter service restaurants. After looking around we returned to the Tower where Kiera came out shortly after. She too loved the ride although she rememberd the 5th demension scene differntly. She said that she rememberd the car moving thru the scene but she thought it was a hotel hallway instead of what it is. Overall though she loved it and it remains one of her favorite rides.

Day6HollywoodStudios123.jpg

I now used the 2nd Fastpass we had to ride the Tower of Terror a second time. That leaves us with 2 Rider Swap cards to use again later in the day. This was I was implying worked out better for us then the typical grab 1 fastpass and 1 rider swap card. By getting 2 fastpasses it basically gives you the option to get 2 rider swap cards for that attraction. As I said before I don't know if this is breaking the rules or not but we never had a problem with it. My second ride on the Tower was just as great as the first. Maybe even better as I didn't have to wait in line as long. However I think I liked the first drop sequence more then I did this one. Still the ride was a blast and I walked off with a huge grin on my face once more.

Day6HollywoodStudios125.jpg

As we walked back over to get lunch at this point we now held the 2 Tower of Terror Rider Swap cards and 2 Fastpasses for Star Tours. We had accomplished quite a bit and the day wasn't even half way over yet. For lunch we decided to get a Pizza and Ceasar Salad from the Catalina Eddies stand to share. It actually filled both of us up enough to get us thru til dinner time. With our stomachs full we continued on into the park. Our Star Tours Fastpass window was now open so we made our way back down Sunset Blvd to head to that attraction. On the way we passed some of the streetmosphere actors putting on somewhat of a show. Since we were also back on Hollywood blvd now we decided to take the time quickly and get some photos from the Photopass CM's with the Sorcerers Hat in the background.

Day6HollywoodStudios126.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios127.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios128.jpg

We then continued on around Echo Lake passing the American Idol Experiance theater as we made our way to our next destination.

Day6HollywoodStudios129.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios130.jpg

And that concludes this update. Thanks again everyone for reading my trip report. Please feel free to comment or ask any questions you might have.

I'm glad you had a good experience with the SR line at RNRC. We had mostly good experiences with only 1 bad of the bunch when I think I waited just as long as the posted standby in the SR line. There were just a never ending stream of even numbered groups!!

After experiencing ToT at DCA, I can agree that the WDW version is waaaaaaay better! I had read that before taking our recent DL trip, but I wanted to try it out just to say I could accurately compare, and the word you used was perfect...LAME! I at least liked that it was not just a single drop like the original ToT used to be when it first opened, but I only rode it once. I can see how multiple times with the same drop sequence would get boring as you knew what to expect. Sometimes using FP/RS there is not so good either, especially if there is no wait before the pre-show because then it's almost useless, since you still have a wait, sometimes long, once you enter the boiler room. It's only really good when the wait time is longer and the outside queue is being utilized.

I think you used the FP/RS system perfectly! We always try to take advantage of both when we can. Being able to get those RS passes is great because you can hold them until later in the day to use like you used to be able to do with FPs. We got spoiled in DL last week because we were still able to use our FPs late. We definitely used to use it to our advantage that they accepted them anytime after the start of the window!

Great update! DHS is one of DH's and my favorite parks as well. :goodvibes

I'm glad you had a good experience with the SR line at RNRC. We had mostly good experiences with only 1 bad of the bunch when I think I waited just as long as the posted standby in the SR line. There were just a never ending stream of even numbered groups!!

After experiencing ToT at DCA, I can agree that the WDW version is waaaaaaay better! I had read that before taking our recent DL trip, but I wanted to try it out just to say I could accurately compare, and the word you used was perfect...LAME! I at least liked that it was not just a single drop like the original ToT used to be when it first opened, but I only rode it once. I can see how multiple times with the same drop sequence would get boring as you knew what to expect. Sometimes using FP/RS there is not so good either, especially if there is no wait before the pre-show because then it's almost useless, since you still have a wait, sometimes long, once you enter the boiler room. It's only really good when the wait time is longer and the outside queue is being utilized.

I think you used the FP/RS system perfectly! We always try to take advantage of both when we can. Being able to get those RS passes is great because you can hold them until later in the day to use like you used to be able to do with FPs. We got spoiled in DL last week because we were still able to use our FPs late. We definitely used to use it to our advantage that they accepted them anytime after the start of the window!

Great update! DHS is one of DH's and my favorite parks as well. :goodvibes

Yeah I should say that The Tower of Terror in California at DCA is not a bad ride by any means. Infact its my favorite ride in that park (i'm sure until Radiator Springs Racers opens anyways). It just can't compare to how great the Original Florida version is. I couldn't imagine how ether ride would be with only one drop. Which now that you mention it I now recall when TOT opened in Florida that it was only advertised as a single elevator "crash". Someday I hope the DCA version gets the randomized drop sequences though. Its not a bad ride at all and is alot of fun still. Plus they do have some things working for it such as the 3 drop shafts instead of 2 plus the duel level loading works better I think. And Yes I know what you mean about the line prior to the preshow room as we would find out later in the day that exact thing.

Yeah I don't know what its like to use the fastpasses late as when we've done the Disney parks we've always tried to use them within the time period. Yes even it wasn't enforced. But we did love having those rider swap cards to use at any point as we typically didn't use them until later in the day.

Day 6: Hollywood Studios Part 2

I was excited to finally be going on Star Tours: The Adventure Continues. Long before I was a Harry Potter fan I was a Star Wars fan. I also loved the original version of Star Tours so I was VERY excited to see how Star Tours 2 turned out. When got to the attraction we made our way to the fastpass line and got a rider swap card for Star Tours. With me in the Fastpass line already we were now holding 1 Fastpass and 1 Rider Swap card for the ride.

Day6HollywoodStudios131.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios134.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios135.jpg

As I made my way thru the que most of it was the same but some with some new paint while other parts were new all together. One of my favorite parts of the que was a section of malfunctioning droids. If you look closely and listen you will notice that these malfunctioning droids are those of Rex. Our former troublesome captain for the Original Star Tours. At the end of the line your devided to 1 of 6 gates where you will board the ride simulator. The new thing here though compared to the old Star Tours is that you will grab a pair of Space Goggles (3d Glasses) on your way to the gate.

Day6HollywoodStudios137.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios138.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios139.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios140.jpg

The doors opened and we boared the simiulator. These are the same simulators from the original ride so theres nothing new here. We were then directed to put on our 3d glasses and the ride began. Now in addition to the ride now being in 3d (40k HD projections) the ride also has introduced a randomized ride profile. This makes the ride different nearly every ride as there are 50 different combinations of ride film you can see. On this ride as our flight was about to begin the Sith Lord himself Darth Vader held up our ship as he and other Emperial Storm Troopers are looking for a Rebel Spy on our flight. Our ship puts up a fight and is able to get away where we make the jump to lightspeed and end up on the planet of Tatooine where our ship gets involved in a Pod Race. After winning the race the ship once again heads back into space. A hologram then comes thru to the ship from Yoda informing us that there is indeed a rebel spy on the ship and the spy is indentified. We are instructed to get the spy to the rebel base safely. We then jump to lightspeed again and now find ourselves in a space battle over the planet of Coruscant. We fly in and out of the battles and then into the planet and thru the planet wide city before finally arriving at our final destination. We made it safe and then we were able to unload the simulator.

I loved this ride. And not just because i'm a Star Wars fan. In addition to the new randomized 3d film the simulator itself felt so much smoother. Yet it also felt like it had much more movement. There were parts in the film where we were flying strait down towards the ground and you could litterally feel yourself move from the back of the seat tight against your seat belt. This ride was an adrenaline rush from start to finish. I don't think I could have walked off without a bigger grin on my face. They did an amazing job on it. This is a ride I consider a do not miss so long as you can handle simulators. You may recall I said in my Universal review that for years and years Back to the Future was my favorite Simulator. BTTF was replaced by the Simpsons and although not as good as BTTF it was still my favorite simulator at the time. Well that has changed. I can honestly say that I enjoyed Star Tours 2 much more then the Simpsons and with its randomized destinations the repeatablilty of the ride is much higher. Theres a new king of the hill with Simulators with Star Tours 2 in my opinion.

Day6HollywoodStudios151.jpg

As I returned back outside to where Kiera was Daniel was still asleep from his nap and the Jedi Training Acadamy was taking place. The show was about half over so Kiera and I went back over to the Fastpass line so she could go on the ride but first we got another Rider Swap card. So now we were holding 2 Rider Swap cards for Star Tours and 2 Rider Swap cards for Tower of Terror. As Kiera was in the ride I finished watching the Jedi Training Acadamy. The show is really cute and you can tell that the kids up on stage absolutly love fighting Darth Vader with a lightsaber. I really look forward to Daniel getting older and the day he is old enough to do the Jedi Training Acadamy. When that day finally comes thats the day he will also get to build his Lightsaber lol.

Day6HollywoodStudios141.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios146.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios148.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios149.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios150.jpg

While Kiera was still on the ride Daniel woke up from his nap so we walked around the Tatooine Traders shop while we waited for Kiera to finish. As a Star Wars fan I loved all the different items in the shop. I had planned on this trip to build a Lightsaber for myself (since I bought a Wand at the Wizarding World on our previous visit) so I looked over the bin to see what the choices were. I didn't build one though at this time and unfortunatly never made it back to build one on this day (I built one later in the week at Downtown Disney). Kiera soon exited the ride while we were still in the shop and suprisingly she said she liked the ride more then she thought she would (she's not a Star Wars fan and didn't care much for the old ride) and she wouldn't mind riding again later.

Day6HollywoodStudios152.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios155.jpg

With Star Tours now done and Rider Swap cards in our pockets to ride again later we continued further into the park into the Streets of America section. This portion of the park was originally designed to be the "back lot" where fliming on the city streets would take place. As we walked down the New York Streets there was a loud band playing that sounded even louder as it echoed off the fake fascades (Unlike Universal where there actual buildings behind the facades most of the Streets of America have nothing behind or in these facades. So although they look pretty on the outside they serve no purpose as there are no insides to them.

Day6HollywoodStudios156.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios157.jpg

About halfway down the Streets of America I realized that the next attraction we were going to was located behind the fascades. As we backtracked we found a cutout in the facades that put is in the Muppet Courtyard right in front of the attraction we were heading to. Muppet Vision 3d. Although this 3d show is located at Disney's California Adventure Park as well we never actually did it when we went there so this would be a new experiance for me. And with a renewed love for the Muppets since the release of the new Muppet Movie last year It was something I knew we had to do on this trip. Even better the wait was only 5 minutes before we were allowed to fill into the preshow area.

Day6HollywoodStudios158.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios159.jpg

Muppet Vision is desgined to feel like your walking into the Muppet studios. I hear theres alot of fun gags in the extended que but with such a short wait time the extended que obviously was not in use. You then pass down a hallway with many different offices and job titles on the doors that can also be pretty funny before entereing a prop storage room. Here there are many props that you may recognize from the former Muppet Show. On 3 tv monitors some of the muppets entertain you such as Fozzy Bear and Gonzo before the actual preshow begins. Take your time and look around this room while you wait as there really are alot of neat and funny things to look at.

Day6HollywoodStudios161.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios164.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios165.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios166.jpg

After the preshow you get your 3d glasses (funny enough the Muppets still call them 3d glasses. They don't try to claim them as something else like the other 3d attractions in the parks) and you enter the muppet theater. It looks just like the muppet theater from the muppet show. The show is basically the muppets showing of a new 3d way to view there show. However as the show goes on things get out of control and even disaterous by Bean Bunny who then runs away into the theater. This is where the show really gets unique. In addition to actual animatronic Statler and Waldrofs sitting in there balcony Bean Bunny will also appear in the opposite balcony. Then as the large Muppet Sweetums goes looking for Bean Bunny in the film he comes out into the actual real theater as a live person. The 3d in this show is pretty good and there even a scene where 3d bubbles are mixed with real bubbles. The shows finally ends with the theater basically being "blown up". The swedish chef (who is also an AA at the back of the therater) gets in a fight with 3d and the penguin orchastra as they shoot at each other finally firing a canon and distroying most the screen and the theater walls are now revealing brick and holes in it. Kermet then appears thru one of the wholes appologizing for what happened and then the show is over.

Day6HollywoodStudios167.jpg

I really enjoyed this show and can say its probably my new favorite 3d/4d show. It may not have moving seats like Shrek 4d or the smells like other shows however what really made this show was the typical Muppet Humor, mixed in a familiar setting, with live animatronic muppets mixed in around the theater. Plus the distroid theater effect is very unique. If you like the muppets then check the show out. I really liked it and with the recent release and success of the new Muppet Movie the Muppets are relevant again. Daniel really likes watching the Muppet movie at home and loved when Kermet was on the screen during Muppet Vision. That is of course before he got a little fussy towards the end as it once was again feeding time and he was hungry.

Upon exiting Muppet Vision we looked around the Muppet Shop which actually has a lot of Phenias and Ferb stuff in it now and some of the other stores around the Muppet Courtyard. This is where the Hollywood studios Christmas store is located. You will also find the Pizza Port Restuarant back here from the Toy Story films. At this point we had about 45 until the next attraction we wanted to do would be starting. This was the right amount of time needed to feed Daniel so Kiera took him and headed back to the front of the park to the Baby Care Center to feed him there as he did much better then finding a quite corner to feed him in.

Day6HollywoodStudios168.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios170.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios172.jpg

While Kiera went back to the Baby Care center I used the time to do a reride on Star Tours 2. I used one of our Rider Swap cards that we got earlier and with practically no wait again I was waiting at a gate to board the Simulator. This ride was just as great as the first one. And as the ride is now designed to do the experiance was completly different then it was the first time. This time around instead of being Stoped by Darth Vader our ship was stopped by Storm Troopers and a scanner droid that immediatly revealed who the Rebel Spy is. We once again put up a fight and got away where we jumped to lightspeed and found ourselves on the Ice Planet of Hoth amidst a battle between Emperial and Rebel forces. As we went back into space a Hologram again came in. And this was the only part that was the same as my previous ride as it was once again Yoda. However I swear he said something different this time since the Rebel Spy had already been revealed but I could be wrong. The final portion of the ride took us to the Death Star where we flew around battling Emperial forces before hitting lightspeed and finding refuge on a Rebel station. Both rides and destinations were equally as good in my opinion.

Day6HollywoodStudios173.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios174.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios176.jpg

I loved this ride so much and wanted to ride it again right away. However with only 1 rider swap card left for the ride and Kiera saying she would want to ride it again I decided to make my way back to the front of the park as well to meet Kiera in the Baby Care Center. That way we could go strait from the Baby Care center to the next attraction that would be starting in less then 25 minutes. I again walked around echo lake and then down Hollywood Blvd to the front of the park and where the guest relations area is at. This continues to be one of my favorite entry areas of any theme park as its so well done and transports you to that Hollywood that never was. I then went into the Guest Service building and on to the Baby Care Center where Kiera was just finishing feeding Daniel. Since the feeding rooms in Hollywood studios were private I was able to go in with Kiera. She could also bring the stroller in the private rooms where there not allowed in the group rooms. The Hollywood Studios Baby Care Center was diffenitly the smallest of the 4 but it still had all that you would need to take care of the baby. Its also in the most odd location of them all being at the very front of the park instead of a more central location like the other parks. However with Hollywood Studios smaller size we didn't find this to be a big problem.

Day6HollywoodStudios177.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios179.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios180.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios181.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios182.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios183.jpg

When we exited the Baby Care Center it was just a few minutes before 4pm. The show we were trying to get to starts at 4pm and is located in the very back of the park. Possibly the spot the furthest away from where we currently were at. There was no time for pictures as we quickly walked down Hollywood Blvd, around Echo Lake, Past Star Tours, into the Streets of America and within 10 minutes we arrived at the attraction. Yes the show had already started and we could hear the sounds of it as we walked down the Streets of America. I thought we were too late. The show had been going for nearly 10 minutes. However the gate was still open and they were letting people in still. So in we went.

Day6HollywoodStudios216.jpg

So what show did we rush to get to that we are now going to see? That would be the Lights, Motor, Action! Stunt Show. As I said the show had already started so by the time we walked back to the stands, climbed the tower, and the found seats the first segment of the show was already over. The premise of the show is that they are filming a movie in a french village (the show is originally from the Walt Disney Studios at the Disneyland Paris Resort). Each scene has the director telling the audiance whats going to happen. Then they "film" the scenes which is when the stunts are done. After the scene is over they will then give you a behind the scenes look as how it was achived such as the backwards driving car or the driverless car.

Day6HollywoodStudios184.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios185.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios186.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios188.jpg

A new portion of the show features a Live Lightning McQueen from the Disney/Pixar film Cars 2 as with the help of Mater on the big screen he trys to find and stop one of the Villan Gremlens from the movie. Although no real stunts happen during this portion of the show and I wish it was a little more high speed it is still cool to see Lightning out driving around. Its a short scene that i'm sure puts a big smile on little boys faces all over the stands. Including my own.

Day6HollywoodStudios189.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios191.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios192.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios194.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios196.jpg

The next scene was once agian one with the Red Hero car running from the bad guys. The big stunt performed during this segment was the trailer jump which you can barely see in one of the photos as the car is in the air at the time. It was pretty cool to see this done and I never knew they used landing bags for cars like they do for people. During the break time after this segment was when they showed the driving by itself car.

Day6HollywoodStudios199.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios200.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios201.jpg

Since I never saw the opening scene the following one was my favorite of the show. This was the motorcycle chase scene. In addition to the other villans on motorcycles it included a stunt man falling from the top of one of the buildings, many of the villan cars driving on 2 side wheels, and the best part of all was a stunt villan laying his bike down while sliding thru a flame and he himself then catching fire. He was on fire for about 10 seconds before they called cut and the flames were extingueshed.

Day6HollywoodStudios205.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios206.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios208.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios209.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios210.jpg

The final scene of the show involved the hero red car again and was the shortest of all that we saw as it basically involved the car jumping over the water as explosians and pirotechnics went off all over the place. They then show you the flimed footage cut into a movie trailer on the big screen as if they just finished making the film you just watched be made. At the end of the show all the cars, stunt men, and vehicles come out and the show is over.

Day6HollywoodStudios212.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios213.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios215.jpg

I really liked the show and i'm glad we were able to see at least part of it. Yes i'm sad we missed the opening scene but when your traveling to the park with an Infant or baby there needs take priority. I'm glad we got to at least see something. I'd have to say this is one of the better stunt shows i've seen as I thought it was really well done and is possibly one of the only "studio" aspects of the Studio theme the park has left. There is another Stunt show located in this same park a the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. We didn't watch it this day (although I did see it back in 93) so I can't compare the two honestly. But if you like cars and explosions then this show should be for your. Plus many little boys will love the Cars 2 portion of the show.

Day6HollywoodStudios219.jpg

After the show we headed back into the Streets of America. As well as all of the 5000 people the show holds. However sitting where we did we got out of the stadium much quicker then everyone else. We now took some time walking around the streets of America as well as down the San Fransisco Streets and ended up at 2 meet and greet locations that we wanted to take Daniel to (ok they both were probably for me too).

Day6HollywoodStudios218.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios220.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios221.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios222.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios223.jpg

The first Meet and Greet that we came to was the Cars meet and greet with Lightning McQueen and Mater. The wait to meet them was short (only about 5 minutes) however I wish they did more then they do. They litterally just sit there. There are engine noises but thats all. And obviously Daniel didn't know what or who they were so he didn't care much lol. Hopefully with what the Disneyland Resort is doing with there Cars Characters for the debut of Carsland and there meet and greets there they will carry it over to the Studios in Florida. The characters there will move there eyes and speak in real time to the guests like Crush does at Turtle Talk.

Day6HollywoodStudios226.jpg

The next Meet and Greet was the Phenias and Ferb on located just outside the Muppet Vision exit. This wait was a bit longer and took nearly 20 minutes. But I really wanted to take Daniel to see them. I won't lie I absolutly love there show on the Disney Channel. Yes I have it set to record all new episodes on the DVR as I think the show is very funny. I also think its one of the best shows on tv right now. So we had to see them lol. Daniel of course as with all characters loved them and I think he even recognized them unlike other characters that he still loved. I guess this Meet and Greet can be one of the buisest in the park so if you want to meet Phinias and Ferb be prepaired to wait or go early in the day.

Day6HollywoodStudios229.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios231.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios232.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios235.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios238.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios240.jpg

With the meet and greets done now we went back into the Streets of America one last time before going to the last attraction that we wanted to see before it closed for the day. Daniel started to show that he was tired as you can see in some of the photos and he would eventually crash out for a nap. The Streets of America do look cool and really do give off that "backlot" vibe. I just wish there was more to them or that there was more to do back here other then Lights Motor Action and the Muppets. However I would love to see them during Christmas time when the Osborn dancing lights are taking place as I'm sure the Streets of America are very magical during Christmas time with those millions of lights up everywhere.

Day6HollywoodStudios241.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios242.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios244.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios246.jpg

Day6HollywoodStudios247.jpg

Alright that concludes this update. Again please feel free to ask any questions or comments you might have and i'd be happy to answer them. Only one update left for our Hollywood Studios day. Thanks everyone.

My DH & DS are getting really into Phineas & Ferb so their meet & greet will definitely have to be on the list for next trip. :lmao:

I absolutely adore Muppetvision 3-D but unfortunately, it just didn't hold DS's attention last time, so it will probably be awhile before we attempt it again. He doesn't have a very long attention span! I have always loved the comedy of the Muppets and Bean Bunny has long been a favorite, so I'm always excited to see this show that showcases his character!

DH and I were big fans of the Star Tours update also! I have seen all the movies, but I'm not all that big on Star Wars in general. But the updated attraction is really amazing, and so cool how it is really a whole new ride every time. I have gotten Darth Vader a few times in the opening scene and DH is so jealous because he has always gotten the Stormtroopers! They really did a great job with the update!

Aw so glad your DHS day was so great!! Question for ya - I thought I read in some TR that in order for their baby to meet characters they had to be wearing shoes (despite being too young to walk). I noticed Danny is barefooted in your pics - did you ever have to put shoes on him??? We never put shoes on Aria and I was worried about having to always have her feet toasty in shoes just to meet characters.

Anyway, also good to hear how great the baby care center - awesome the stroller is allowed, too. I love the idea of private rooms, you said they were also private at AK right? Can you bring the stroller in there too?

As for the FP/ rider swap, I don't see a problem. We planned to do that, or get 1 FP for 1 attraction, and 1 FP for another one, and then get rider swaps (depends if we want to ride that particular ride more than once each). It IS a nice way to beat the FP return time rule though - I love that! LOL. Why oh why did they have to change that policy!

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

My DH & DS are getting really into Phineas & Ferb so their meet & greet will definitely have to be on the list for next trip. :lmao:

I absolutely adore Muppetvision 3-D but unfortunately, it just didn't hold DS's attention last time, so it will probably be awhile before we attempt it again. He doesn't have a very long attention span! I have always loved the comedy of the Muppets and Bean Bunny has long been a favorite, so I'm always excited to see this show that showcases his character!

DH and I were big fans of the Star Tours update also! I have seen all the movies, but I'm not all that big on Star Wars in general. But the updated attraction is really amazing, and so cool how it is really a whole new ride every time. I have gotten Darth Vader a few times in the opening scene and DH is so jealous because he has always gotten the Stormtroopers! They really did a great job with the update!

Yes I love Star Wars. And the never version of the ride is great. Although I do miss the old one as well it was really showing its age. I don't know what kind of condition the Hollywood Studios version was in as the last time we rode the original version was at Disneyland in 2008. On that ride the simulator was very rough and the film was looking pretty beat up. So glad to see the attraction get some love and be great once again. If Disney really wants to combat the Wizarding World then a full Star Wars land could do it.

Joining in..LOTS of catchin up to do :)

Thank you for joining in. Yes I know theres a lot to read but I hope its worth it

Aw so glad your DHS day was so great!! Question for ya - I thought I read in some TR that in order for their baby to meet characters they had to be wearing shoes (despite being too young to walk). I noticed Danny is barefooted in your pics - did you ever have to put shoes on him??? We never put shoes on Aria and I was worried about having to always have her feet toasty in shoes just to meet characters.

Anyway, also good to hear how great the baby care center - awesome the stroller is allowed, too. I love the idea of private rooms, you said they were also private at AK right? Can you bring the stroller in there too?

As for the FP/ rider swap, I don't see a problem. We planned to do that, or get 1 FP for 1 attraction, and 1 FP for another one, and then get rider swaps (depends if we want to ride that particular ride more than once each). It IS a nice way to beat the FP return time rule though - I love that! LOL. Why oh why did they have to change that policy!

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Having the Infant wear shoes is news to me. Of the dozens of charaters we met over the span of the trip we never were told Daniel had to have shoes on to meet the characters. I honestly don't see how that could be a problem unless the characters were holding the child. So its something I wouldn't worry about.

Yes the stroller was also allowed in the Baby Care Center and private rooms of the Animal Kingdom as well. However both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot had stroller parking areas outside the doors as Strollers were not allowed in ether of them.

Our original plan was to do that. Hold a fastpass for 2 attractions at a time and utilize rider swap with them. However we found this idea to be more of a hastle as many of the rides that we could do this on were spread so far apart. Thats why we found grabbing 2 fastpasses and 2 rider swap cards worked out better for us as it allowed for more rides on a single attraction. And we never found ourselves having to skip something else. We were still able to see and do all the major attractions multipule times using the 2 fastpass/2 rider swap for 1 attraction then holding 1 fastpass for multipule attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter