Doing Disney at 6 weeks pregnant?

Melmore

Earning My Ears
My husband and I just found out we’re pregnant! We’re absolutley thrilled, but our timing could be better! We leave for a trip with his family in two weeks. We will only be in the parks for a few days, and chances are we will only be doing Animal Kingdom and Epcot. His family knows I love rollercoasters and thrill rides, so how do I hide this from them while we’re there?!

My biggest concerns are Test Track and Expedition Everest. I’ve been on FOP before, and I think I would be okay on that.

My husband and I just found out we’re pregnant! We’re absolutley thrilled, but our timing could be better! We leave for a trip with his family in two weeks. We will only be in the parks for a few days, and chances are we will only be doing Animal Kingdom and Epcot. His family knows I love rollercoasters and thrill rides, so how do I hide this from them while we’re there?!

My biggest concerns are Test Track and Expedition Everest. I’ve been on FOP before, and I think I would be okay on that.

Congrats!!!! pixiedust:

Just tell them you have a sore neck and don't want to deal with the jerky motions.

Or maybe you'll luck out and it'll t-storm. :D

Well, odds are that Test Track will be down anyway. ;) j/k

Congrats! I did Disney many years ago when I was 7 weeks pregnant. My biggest issue was finding something I could eat. Hopefully you'll be fine at 6 weeks, but I'd pack crackers and a few other snacks in case you have any symptoms starting to develop.

This is the time of year lots of viruses go around. You could pretend you're coming down with something.

You could offer to get meals/snacks while they are on a ride to cut wait time as a excuse. Congratulations and enjoy!

Congrats!!!
I mean let’s be honest if you will only be 7 weeks some people dont even know they are pregnant so just go with the feeling under the weather
I’d def pack crackers and small snacks food and make sure you stay hydrated!!
When you do announce, they will be like aha and I’d def incorporate Mickey in your announcement to the family at least
Have fun

I will try to say I’m under the weather! I’m afiraid that might not work though haha I don’t want to have to fake being sick during our time there! The more I think of it, EE and test track may be my only problems. What do you think about dinosaur?

I will try to say I’m under the weather! I’m afiraid that might not work though haha I don’t want to have to fake being sick during our time there! The more I think of it, EE and test track may be my only problems. What do you think about dinosaur?

I think it just depends on how you feel and what you are comfortable with. I do believe Dinosaur has the pregnant mother warning.

I will also be around six weeks and my OB gave me clearance to ride anything I wanted. She said it was so small and well protected at that point she wasn't worried about any rides for me. She was more worried about hydration, sun protection and staying out of the hot tubs. This is probably an unpopular opinion but I plan on riding most everything except RNRC and TOT if I feel up to it. I trust my OBs advice and plan on enjoying my trip as much as possible.

I think it just depends on how you feel and what you are comfortable with. I do believe Dinosaur has the pregnant mother warning.

I will also be around six weeks and my OB gave me clearance to ride anything I wanted. She said it was so small and well protected at that point she wasn't worried about any rides for me. She was more worried about hydration, sun protection and staying out of the hot tubs. This is probably an unpopular opinion but I plan on riding most everything except RNRC and TOT if I feel up to it. I trust my OBs advice and plan on enjoying my trip as much as possible.
I went to Hershey Park and rode some coasters 8 weeks pregnant with my twins. Lucky for me, I never had any morning sickness with any of my pregnancies.

I was about 12 weeks pregnant on one of our trips. My OB said that any ride I would feel comfortable holding a baby on my lap and riding was fine. Surprised at how much I was still able to do.

Congrats on the baby!!! If you don't want them to know about the pregnancy I'd claim a headache. I've always followed the pregnancy warning signs, figured they are there for a reason. Have a great trip.

I was around 8-9 weeks pregnant on one of our trips. Honestly, the most difficult part for me was the amount of time that I spent in bathrooms either throwing up or just feeling lousy.

If it were me, I would just tell the family so I didn't have to fake anything! We ended up telling our families pretty early on with all 3 of my pregnancies (but we kept it from everyone else until 12 weeks). I was of the mindset that if I had a miscarriage, I wouldn't keep that from my family anyways...and that did end up happening with my second pregnancy and I was grateful to have people I could talk to. But I definitely understand your not wanting to, everyone is different! I personally would not go on Dinosaur while pregnant since I find that ride to be extremely jerky! Also, if this is your first pregnancy, be aware that extreme fatigue can hit at 6 weeks and that might make it difficult for you to tour, let alone hide your condition!

I went at 5 1/2-6 weeks, did plenty of research and talked to my doc and was cleared to ride anything I wanted to. Baby is so small and so teeny tiny and many people don't even know they're pregnant at that point and with my OB's blessing I rode pretty much everything. The one ride that would give me pause is Primeval Whirl- that thing is jerky! Anyway, I know everyone has a different level of comfort with all of that so I'd do what you're most comfortable with. We told family pretty early so again, depends on your comfort level. The only issue I ran into was morning sickness hit in full force about halfway through our trip and I started full on vomiting in the Orlando airport before boarding out flight home. So, be prepared and keep little snacks with you to stave off nausea if it hits. Good luck, and have fun!!

Congrats! I also went to Disney @ 6-7 weeks just a few years ago. To be perfectly honest i was not good at hiding our pregnancy. I had morning sickness all day long and spent a good part of the trip locating bathrooms to throw up in. I did abide by every ride with a pregnancy warning except the safari. It didn't seem worth it to me to take the risk, I knew it wasn't my last trip to Disney.

How exciting!!

I'd skip Dinosaur and FOP. I didn't ride FOP when I was pregnant because of where the lap bar hit. And Dinosaur is far too jerky.

We found we were pregnant the night before we left on a DW trip with our family of four, plus my parents.

I was about 6-7 weeks along by that time, and to be honest, never thought about being pregnant on rides for one second!
I think Disney posts those signs for, a liability perspective, amd more likely for a prengnancy which is much further along. Your pregnancy is literally an apple seed at that time, amd extremely well protected. I can’t imagine at that early stage, there’s anything you need to worry about. If they were larger coasters, involving harnesses or turns/twists where your abdomen was pressed against the bar, I might be more concerned.
I rode everything but mission space....but I’m too scared to ride that when not pregnant anyhow

I’d be more worried about nausea/morning sickness....although 6 weeks may be on the early side.

For me, my M/S didn’t start until around 8 weeks, so it was a great trip. I actually forgot a few times, md tried to order some delicious looking Disney cocktails at dinner....at which point my hubby would say “are you sure you really want that?” :rolleyes1

A fair amount of miscarriages happen during the first trimester. I'd avoid the rides with the pregnancy warning if for no other reason that to avoid blaming myself if I happened to miscarry during or soon after the trip.

The last time I was 7 weeks pregnant we bicycle tent camped from Providence, RI to Provincetown, MA and back.
Obviously times have changed so just discuss your concerns with your doctor and follow Disney's we don't want to be sued guidelines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter