Dog Approved Areas

floridabill

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Is there a map that shows which areas other than the loops (or the dog park) are approved for dogs? I read there are signs prohibiting dogs but not sure where they are. I read a post that made it seem like they are only allowed in special trails to/from certain loops and the dog park.

I'm trying to understand if my DW and I will be able to walk or drive the golf cart with the dogs so that one of us would be able to shop or get food while the other stays with the dogs. They are larger dogs so they are quiet and don't bark at other dogs or people.

Thanks

Bill

:welcome:

Dogs are not allowed in high traffic areas such as stores, restaurants and pool areas. There is a dog trail behind the 1600-1800 loop by the canal. There is also one behind 800-1000 by the canal. There is also one behind 300 loop. You can walk the sidewalks and on the golf carts to get to and from the dog park.

Thanks. It seems the consensus is bringing them is a positive experience so long as they behave and are okay being left alone in the RV. Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:

Currently, dogs are allowed to stay in all loops. The areas they are not allowed are as 2goofycampers has outlined above. You are free to walk them around the loops, and on the sidewalks throughout most of the campground. Our dogs love to ride in the golf cart. We have done take-out from Trail's End, one goes in to pick-up while one of us stays in the cart with the pups. They love the dogwalk trails, and we always ask for a site near the trail. One of the reasons we love The Fort is bacuase we can bring our fur-buddies.

Thanks everyone. It seems like it's not extremely restrictive especially if you're just driving them on a golf cart and they are behaved. I imagine other guests probably don't care so long as your dogs are quiet, aren't going to the bathroom in the wrong places, or not cleaning it up. I'll search through the forums to look for any other pet peeves to watch out for.

We love the 1200 loop for its access to the entrance area and the hook up and unhook area. The dog likes to run around ( on a leash) and sniff around for armadillos.

Did I read somewhere that dogs are prohibited in the tent loops?

I believe they need to be in a crate if left within a tent loop. However, in 2014 my parents rented a trailer from greenbergs. They claimed pets should be tethered within the trailer while gone from the unit per Disney rules. We never saw anything about it and even a cast member was confused about the rule. What I do know is our pup in 2012 which was a pup at the time, broke out of his soft side crate we had, and destroyed every blind in the trailer cause he was trying to say to Hi everything in the Fort. When we came back from the parks, OMG the mess that was made. He didn't tear anything up like pillows but he tore up the crate but left the sleeping pad intact. We made makeshift curtains for the trailer. Every blind that could have been reached was damaged. When we opened the door we heard a whimper and him just standing there saying he took care of that ground critter he found that was outside of the trailer. Needless to say, the crate was also abandoned. From then on he was free to roam the trailer. He was not a fan of the crate in the trailer and ironically a perfect gentleman inside. We figured it was his way of saying I am no longer about this crate. Since 2012, he has not bothered anything anything in the trailer and loves to go camping. He knows when we are going camping and gets happy since he loves the car rides and the experience.

[QUOTE="sirenia88, post: 59981568, member: 67308"if left ]I believe they need to be in a crate within a tent loop. However, in 2014 my parents rented a trailer from greenbergs. They claimed pets should be tethered within the trailer while gone from the unit per Disney rules. We never saw anything about it and even a cast member was confused about the rule. What I do know is our pup in 2012 which was a pup at the time, broke out of his soft side crate we had, and destroyed every blind in the trailer cause he was trying to say to Hi everything in the Fort. When we came back from the parks, OMG the mess that was made. He didn't tear anything up like pillows but he tore up the crate but left the sleeping pad intact. We made makeshift curtains for the trailer. Every blind that could have been reached was damaged. When we opened the door we heard a whimper and him just standing there saying he took care of that ground critter he found that was outside of the trailer. Needless to say, the crate was also abandoned. From then on he was free to roam the trailer. He was not a fan of the crate in the trailer and ironically a perfect gentleman inside. We figured it was his way of saying I am no longer about this crate. Since 2012, he has not bothered anything anything in the trailer and loves to go camping. He knows when we are going camping and gets happy since he loves the car rides and the experience.[/QUOTE]

DOGS are not allowed in Tents or Pop-ups...The "Tent Loops" are for Tents and Vans/Pop-Ups. If you do not comply with the rules, someone may complain, and you could be asked to board your dog or leave Ft Wilderness.

Last edited:
thanks for the clarification on the rules. However, Disney would not want to risk alienation of the paying guest at this rate. They have bigger fish the fry figuring out how to extract more cash from our wallets. Quite frankly I have seen some posts on here that make it aware that once you're in on property, they ain't bootin' you out. I think it would have to be a very extreme action requiring something more in regards to interaction. I have camped in some places where policy was to the letter and other places where it was a post apocalyptic free for all. Disney is somewhere in the middle.

To refresh your memory, here is @tiggerdad post from Nov. 17, 2014:
I gotta back Medic up on this whole upgrade thing. I left from my site around 6:30 that morning to walk around and make my way from 1400 over to 2000 to meet Vince before he headed out. I walked around 1400, through 600, around 900, then down to the 4 way headed to loop 2000.

Quiet as a mouse...I mean everything was silence...

Halfway down to 2000 you started hearing it. When I stepped onto 2000 loop it looked like the scene from Poltergiest when all the kids toys were flying around. Kids everywhere in pajamas, on bikes, skateboards, and running and screaming. No adults to be seen...you couldn't hear yourself think...and it was 7:00 am!

Oh, and with the exception of Medic's and about 5 other sites, they had 2 cars per site, some even had 3.

I walked on around and took the bridge over to 900...and it was quiet again...

Starting to get a little clearer?
We still manage a quick tour of 2000 while we are there.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::thumbsup2

That was right around the time I first met you in person too. Wow that is pretty funny. I vaguely recall this post but then again so much happens around here. I guess this was the post apocalyptic loop at the Fort.

I'll never forget that scene as long as I live! Screaming kids everywhere! It was jaw dropping to say the least.

I wouldn't leave my dog in a tent even in a crate :scared: I don't think you are suppose to have them in tent loops. That being said, bringing our dog to the Fort is a joy. You just can't go into the main areas but there are trails leading up to the main areas that you can where one can stay on with pet while the other goes into the store, etc. The Fort is huge and there are endless trails and a dog park.

DOGS are not allowed in Tents or Pop-ups...The "Tent Loops" are for Tents and Vans/Pop-Ups. If you do not comply with the rules, someone may complain, and you could be asked to board your dog or leave Ft Wilderness.

Doubtful about being asked to board or leave. The CMs are very lax when ot comes to enforcing dog rules. Many complaints last year about a dog barking incessantly, day and night - nothing done, despite numerous calls to the front desk. Another dog attacked and injured someone's dog. Nothing done at all other than to remind the owners to leash their dog!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!