Does your guide call you before you leave for Disney?

anniet

DIS Veteran
We left for Florida on 1/18 this year. We didn't even check in to VWL until 1/21, but on 1/17 my guide called me at home and left a message on my machine, just saying -I can see your scheduled to come down, I hope you have a wonderful time, here's my number call me if you have any questions.

I thought that was really sweet of her. :)

Do all guides do that?

I've just never seen anyone mention it, so I was just wondering.

That's the sign of a good salesperson. While I've not heard of it, it's a nice thing for her to do. After all, you may want to add on, and now her name is in your mind. :D

Our first DVC trip to HH, our guide left us a voice mail message saying she knew we were there and just wanted to touch base. It prompted us to return her call while we were there and do our first add on. After that, we were the "easy" sells because she hasn't left us a message since and we've added on twice more. Now, we travel with her number with us.

Our guide left us a voice mail message at OKW during our most recent stay. This was our second DVC trip. We did not receive a call from our guide on our first DVC trip, but that was just a weekend trip, so maybe that's why.

WOW!! You've been sprinkled with pixie dust. This is great. They must be one of those special people who is not all "let's make the sale". While our guide was nice I've never received a call since purchasing and doing an add-on.

I haven't heard from my guide since I purchased in add on at BCV about a year ago. No big deal, but it is nice that yours did.

our guide always calls where ever we are staying, and just says he wanted to touch base and to let us know that if had any questions to let him know.he is wonderful;)

Originally posted by anniet

Do all guides do that?

I've just never seen anyone mention it, so I was just wondering.

We used to have Megan Butler as our guide, but after she left we were assigned some guy..I actually forget his name. Anyway, I had called to ask about an add on and he never called me back. I ended up buying a 25 point add on privately from a friend, so he lost a sale.:p So no, I'm sure we won't get a phone call form him, if he doesn't even call back about a sale. LOL

We went on our first DVC trip last summer to WDW. We were there 10 days and never heard a thing from our guide. Too bad, because I have only talked to her on the phone and would have liked to meet her face to face. If she had called, that would have been more likely to happen, because it would have jogged my memory.

My guide has called us quite a few times when we have been at WDW. She usually just leaves a message because we are out but she says Welcome Home, if we need anything, etc. It is a nice touch and a very smart business move on her part.

It sounds like you have a great guide.
I always hear of members getting follow-up calls from their guide, just to see how they are doing.
I do not not get such calls......:(

We had a call on our voicemail during our Thanksgiving trip from Judy Kaufman. She also noted that I had made multiple calls trying to get a DVC card (they kept sending cards with dh's name on it) and told me to call her if I had not gotten my own card. I appreciated the call.

Our guide always calls after we've arrived. He also wants us to come over to visit each time. He even sends the van over when we've decided to come visit.

I have not heard from our guide since we signed our paperwork in 1996.

We did receive a call at the VWL, on our first visit home after buying in originally. But we haven't heard anything since. It is a nice touch, though.

We bought VWL sight unseen in 2001. Never met our guide. Haven't heard from him since.

For those that get calls....are they just "Hi, how are you doing?" calls, or do they work to get add-on sales? Just seems like a lot of work just to maintain contact, especially since anyone who wants an add-on through DVC is going to get sent back to that guide anyway.

But it does sound friendly....and I'm glad for those who receive such calls and appreciate them. :)

Originally posted by Granny

For those that get calls....are they just "Hi, how are you doing?" calls, or do they work to get add-on sales? Just seems like a lot of work just to maintain contact, especially since anyone who wants an add-on through DVC is going to get sent back to that guide anyway.

Granny, my guide-Linda Streetman called once in Fall 2001 after I got the original package, but I was too busy to call back, and new I would be going down in the beginning of 2002. When we toured in March 2002 Linda wasn't there so a guide by the name of Hasaan Jahnmiry took us through and set us up for closing. He was such a great guy and I really appreciate that while they were trying to stop sales for VWL at the time he got us points for VWL! We would have bought BCV anyway, but our hearts are truly at VWL.

When we returned home Linda called to say Welcome to DVC and ask if we had any further questions, so I called her back with about 3 questions that she happily answered. She's so friendly!

Then she called again right before our first trip home in 1/2003. She has never even mentioned an add-on, but I called her when I returned from this past trip and although the timing isn't right for me to add on right now she knows I'm interested, so I may hear from her in the future.

I love that she makes me feel like I can call her anytime for anything, and lets face it once I got to know all the rules and reggies she'll probably only hear from me when I want to add on.

As DeeP stated earlier, it IS a smart business move on her part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter