Does this trip sound like a nightmare?

I was a baby wearer to that's why I suggested it! They are so awesome. I wish I knew about them with my boys.

I vote for fun as long as she's willing to help you out at times. I've been with a baby and a barely 3 year old before and the baby was super easy! It's when they're 2/3 that's a lot more work! You may need some help while you're tending to one child with the other. (Though personalities play a huge part too! My third at 2.5 years old was much easier at Disney than my other two at 3).

I haven't had 3 babies, but 3 kids in a room with two adults has always been quite do-able for us. However, one adult had to wander the halls or go to the lobby with whomever wasn't ready to sleep. Co-sleeping has always helped my babies sleep better. They would still wake but would fall back asleep quickly before they could make much noise thanks to the magic breast. My two youngest co-slept with me for a couple years and one waking was not an issue with the other. (But I did need to put one down to sleep at a time - hence the other adult taking the other child or two to the lobby).

*I've had three trips with a baby (under 1) and a 3 year old. We used a single stroller that reclined all the way and a sling. It worked great! In two of those trips, the baby didn't use the stroller at all. In the third, the baby needed to nap in the stroller but otherwise was in the sling the entire time.

About dates, 6 and 9 months sounds much easier than 11 and 14 months. I found it easiest to go before they got super mobile. Though one of my kids did go at 11 months, he was my slowed with mobility, so it worked out. 11 months would have made it much harder with my other two kids since they were walking quite well by then, with one even running. My laidback baby did great in the sling at 11 months, but I'm certain the other two would have wanted to run around at that age.

It sounds like you're thinking about all the right things.

The one wild card here isn't the kids, or Disney, it's parenting styles. Have you spent any time with this friend since you've both had kids? If not, I would be hesitant to have the first time be at The World. I'm guessing for married couples a trip to The World with 3 little ones can be stressful. For good friends who haven't co-parented yet, it sounds like a simmering pot of hard feelings.

I do travel with kids with certain friends, but others I just don't because we just don't mesh with our parenting styles. I think we stay better friends because of that.

I did a week alone with my kids at 1, 3, 5 and again at 3, 5, 7. They were just parts of longer trips (family coming for the second week, or my husband not getting all the vacation time from work and coming later). My middle kid has sensory issues/behavioral struggles, so it was like having two toddlers both times.

Honestly, those are some of my best vacation memories. I think it's incredibly doable, especially with another experience mom!

I would also say that it's the parenting style issue that I would be most worried about. I have very good friends that I could travel with no problem, but if we throw our kids into the mix - I'd go batcrap insane! The fact that you and your friend live across the country from each other leads me to believe you haven't been around each other a lot as mothers. I think separate rooms is definitely the way to go! I think you'll both likely need opportunities to just step away.

I took my boys when ds1 was 2.5 yrs old and ds2 was 5 months. I took my mom, but with being a breastfeeding mom, there was really only so much help she could do. I was also a baby carrying mom.
Then again when they were 35 months and 11 months, dh was there, too.
Then again when they were 3 yrs and 15months old, with my girlfriend who was like 1 month pregnant with her first.

We then took 3 kids to Disneyland when they were 5, 3, and 17 months old, dh was there too.

Any totally can be done and you can have a great time!

To me the nightmare part was sharing one room with everyone. Just thinking if one of the kids decides they can't sleep how that would impact the others. But the rest of it sounds great.

ITA. Totally doable but I would get getting my own room. Those value rooms are small and once you put a pack n play in there. I wouldn't want my little one keeping everyone else up.

I have flown lots with my then 2u2 and now 3 kids (at all ages). Flying wasn't hard esp with a baby in lap. DD would sit in her own seat and I would old the infant. I didn't bring carseats as my mother has them at her house (where we usually fly). I agree with using CARES~ I use it with my 3rd. If you decide to go, I'd order all you can from either a grocer or online. The hardest thing about traveling with LOs is carrying all their stuff!! Use the PNP in the hotels maybe order a stroller. Another hard thing for me was nursing with a an excited toddler wanting to do everything but not stay with me~ that was my middle child mostly...

I do think it would be easier to have separate rooms or a suite. I would hate not sleeping well then having exhausting days.

Even if you are a baby wearer, I think I would still bring a double stroller esp if the baby's are young toddlers.

I agree with December being easier (younger babies) than 2 additional wanting to walk/heavier toddlers.

It sounds like fun and I would totally try it but who knows if I would have regretted it or not....

The only issue I see is sharing a room :) that sounds like a nightmare me to me.. One crying baby at night that is not in his or her normal environment coups make for one miserable night for everyone else... We have kind of been in the same situation on vacation( not Disney)... My babies would sleep perfect but the brother in laws was up crying all night, keeping the rest of us up :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter