Does this AAA rate seem right?

PavelB

Mouseketeer
Yesterday morning I called AAA for a room only reservation for 7 nights in July. The agent called me back tonight and left a message with the quote. It was the rack rate! I called back and the agent with my file said that was the rate that disney gave them. Does that mean that sometimes AAA does not get a discount at all? I thought AAA was always somewhat cheaper. Is WDW that booked already in July that there is not even a AAA reduction?
Any info please - should I keep trying. Will a AAA discount come later?

Except for the first couple days the July AP rates are not out yet so I would assume that AAA is the same. You could call CRO directly and ask though. Mousesavers.com predicts July rates to be out in May sometime.

PavelB said:
Yesterday morning I called AAA for a room only reservation for 7 nights in July. The agent called me back tonight and left a message with the quote. It was the rack rate! I called back and the agent with my file said that was the rate that disney gave them. Does that mean that sometimes AAA does not get a discount at all? I thought AAA was always somewhat cheaper. Is WDW that booked already in July that there is not even a AAA reduction?
Any info please - should I keep trying. Will a AAA discount come later?

Keep trying. Sounds like the Disney computers are still spewing rack rates instead of the AAA discounted ones. Politely ask your agent to call back and get a new quote - if they balk at this, call another agency.

There is always the chance that the block of discounted rooms are sold out, but they should say nothing is available at the AAA rate, not give you a "AAA quote" at the rack rate.

Sorry you're having trouble. Many have been experiencing this, and unfortunately there are quite a few AAA agents who aren't questioning the incorrect rates.

Hope this helps!

Valera said:
Except for the first couple days the July AP rates are not out yet so I would assume that AAA is the same. You could call CRO directly and ask though. Mousesavers.com predicts July rates to be out in May sometime.

AAA rates are out for the entire year.

Hi! We are currently booked at AKL, for 7 nights in July and we have a AAA rate. We booked in January , so I know AAA rates are out. You do not need to have AAA call for you, for room only, you can do it yourself. Depending on when you will be there and where you stay, determines your AAA rate. We will be at AKL standard view, July 17-24 for a 7 night total of $1319.00. Try calling yourself and it shouldn't be a problem. Good luck!

I called CRO myself and did get the AAA I thought I should.
I saved $350!
BTW - the cm was very sweet and helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter