Does the Peoplemover actually have a wait time?

mickey765

Mouseketeer
Sometimes in the middle afternoon I see the wait time as high as 35 minutes. Is there actually a wait? I don’t want to wait that long to ride.

in the morning and at night it's usually empty.
during the busy hours of the day though, where people want a break, they think people mover.
There is usually a wait, and it can be substantial on some days.

A significant PeopleMover line = time to head back to the resort pool for us. :-)

But in seriousness, one thing to watch out for is that they will often hold the line before the moving walkway ramp to keep from pileups at the top. So, the line may look longish but then they let a bunch of people on... then stop/wait.... then back on again.

We were last there in October. I'd never seen a line that long. It was through the entire queue for PeopleMover and went out into the crowd a long ways. We passed.

We were last there in October. I'd never seen a line that long. It was through the entire queue for PeopleMover and went out into the crowd a long ways. We passed.

I have seen the line that long on a relatively slow day. I think Buzz was down. I have also seen it running with only half the cars in use. My guess was they were trying to save on staffing costs, but who knows.

I have seen the line that long on a relatively slow day. I think Buzz was down. I have also seen it running with only half the cars in use. My guess was they were trying to save on staffing costs, but who knows.
Staffing has nothing to do for the way they load. If the attraction is operating they have 3 cm on top no matter what. If you see empty cars it could be people are not loading fast enough or cars are broken and can't be loaded

Last edited:
Since fp+ debuted and redistributed the crowds, there has consistently been a wait for the peoplemover throughout most of the day. It's still usually one of the shortest waits in the park though. If the queue is using all the switchbacks and is full, you're probably looking at around a 20mn wait but it all depends on party sizes since they don't put strangers together, unlike pretty much everything else.

Sometimes in the middle afternoon I see the wait time as high as 35 minutes. Is there actually a wait? I don’t want to wait that long to ride.
We waited quite a while this summer for the People mover. It was super hot and I think it was a place for many to relax

so wait is actually sometimes 30 minutes?
I've never waited 30 minutes for it - but when those switchbacks all fill up at the bottom of the escalator and start to move beyond the planned queue - that can easily been 20 minutes.

30 minutes is amongst the shortest wait times....

Standby, yes. I'm guessing the OP is like me and doesn't like waiting for things. I just get a fp or skip. With just a few exceptions, I do not get in a line with a posted wait time of more than 15mn, unless I can see the queue and think it is 15mn or less. But I'm a local, so I'm probably less willing to join long lines than many tourists.

It does get wait time at various points of the day. It can get long but we never waited over 15 minutes, which by Disney standards these days is nothing. It’s worth it though.

I’ve seen the line long enough to have a CM holding a ‘line starts here’ sign for it. In May. So yes, it can build a 30 min wait.

I've seen the wait time as high as 35 minutes in the middle afternoon. I'm like you; I don’t want to wait that long to ride. So I go somewhere else and ride later when the line is short. Very often I'll hit CoP rather than wait the 35 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter