Does new Photo ID req. apply in FL/CA as well?

my3kids

<font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>
http://www.mpa.state.md.us/opsalert/SecurityAlert5-23-05.pdf

This is a document for people sailing out of the Port of Baltimore....says to meet new regulations EVERYONE must have a photo ID to enter the port area beginning in June. It kind of sounds like it might be a federal regulation, not just for the state of MD. I am sailing out of Baltimore over the summer on a Royal Caribbean 9 night trip, and my children, thankfully have passports for their photo ID. But, just an FYI to Disney cruisers to check to see if FL and CA are following suit since it is issued at the requirement of federal authorities as well as the state.

Reading that it doesn't seem to mean children. I know on the military base here they use to wave any cars thru that had a base sticker without checking anyone's IDs. Now they check the IDs of the adults in the car even with the sticker. That's what it sounds like IMO.

When I read it it sounds like everyone needs the ID, but they aren't requiring it be a government issed one. They emphasised everyone a couple of times.....I wonder if Royal Caribbean will begin notifying those booked this summer about the Balimore change. I do wonder when it goes into effect at other ports....

If the suggested guidelines go into effect everyone will need a passport after 12/31/05 so I really don't see the point of doing this step first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter