Does Mucinex DM make you feel high?

Mucinex DM made my DS(25 at the time) nuts. It's the DM that causes the problem. It was very scary when it was happening. No dextromethorphan for him in any form.

Frankly I don't get any kind of high. Most people need a lot of it to get any kind of effect. However, while it does help with my cough symptoms, I generally feel like someone just jammed something in my throat after taking it.

NyQuil gives me nightmares. Like acid trip nightmares. Walls breathing and bright colorful bugs crawling out of them.
No more NyQuil for me.

Sudafed makes me loopy. Mucinex makes me sleepy. I prefer Tylenol Cold and Flu, because I don't get loopy or sleepy.

I must be weird because Mucinex DM makes me feel nothing aside from the cough suppressant/expectorant stuff that it's supposed to do.

DayQuil doesn't do squat for my symptoms, and I only take NyQuil at night because it helps me sleep.

Mucinex makes me feel weird - a little loopy and light-headed.. I haven't had that feeling with any other cold medicine.

Mucinex makes me a little jittery and gives me almost a low blood pressure feeling if I don't stay hydrated enough while I'm on it. You really have to keep up on the fluids on that one.

I like Alka Seltzer cold meds, but it has to be the fizzing ones, not the gelcaps.

I'm OK with Mucinex.

But Nyquill wakes me up after 4 hours, like a cat on a hot tin roof.

I am backwards, Nyquil keeps me up all night, and Dayquil makes me sleepy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter