Does it frustrate you when people take forever to order at counter service locations?

Yah, I know what your saying, while standing in line, think about what you want to order! One would think it would be a natural conclusion! lol I've seen it everywhere, though not to much at WDW.

It usually only bugs me if there are alot of people together that can't decide what they want. I know my family, we figure out what we want, one adult or teenager gets a table and takes the little ones with them. We have our act together before or just after we get in line. Therefore, we don't have to deal with the little ones being fussy or indecisive, we don't inconvenience others in line next to us and we will have a table waiting for us! Plan ahead, I say!

Julylady said:
This is my #1 pet peeve at WDW. The worst experience was at the Back Lot Express at MGM. A father with two smallish children (8-10 years old) were ahead of us in line during the busy lunch hour. After waiting 20 minutes in line the cashier asked for their order. Only then did the Dad look up at the menu. He talked to each kid separately about what was on the menu and what did they want to eat. Once the kids ordered, he sent the oldest off to "get Mom and tell her to come up here and pick what she wants." We stood a full five minutes waiting for Mom. The cashier just kept helping people on the other side. When Mom came up she studied the menu and said she didn't see anything she wanted to eat. They then said to cancel their order and they walked away. THIS WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!

I was absolutely fuming by the end of this episode!

I just don't understand WHY people do this. I can understand the "can't see the sign" argument, but what else? What else is there to do in the line except look at the menu?

Is anyone who is reading this thread one of these people? Can you give me some insight?

Donna

People like this clearly think the world revolves around them. I really dislike those types of people, and I encounter them all too frequently at Disney!

LISAMWDW said:
It usually only bugs me if there are alot of people together that can't decide what they want. I know my family, we figure out what we want, one adult or teenager gets a table and takes the little ones with them. We have our act together before or just after we get in line. Therefore, we don't have to deal with the little ones being fussy or indecisive, we don't inconvenience others in line next to us and we will have a table waiting for us! Plan ahead, I say!

You described us to a T. :goodvibes We get enough looks as it is so there's no way I'd take my own sweet time ordering--I can't imagine what an even larger family goes through! I end up reciting our order like one of those speed talkers on tv! :rotfl:

CamColt said:
Its the same thing at Main St. Bake Shop, you have to order before you see what they have. :confused3

I have a hard time ordering here. I get all relaxed waiting in line because you can't see what's up there anyways and the sign says "assorted pastries". And I know they have cinnamon rolls but I want to try something different. So before I even hit the first glass case one of the CM's behind the counter says "Can I help you?" I say "I don't know. I was going to look and see" so she moves on to the person behind me. I get up to the case and I have three sets of glaring CM eyes on me commanding me to make a choice. I get nervous, my eyes quickly shooting back and forth between all of the wonderful things at the bakery, getting pushed as people behind me have their food and are trying to go pay for it, I start to sweat before yelling in panic "A cinnamon roll! I'll just take a cinnamon roll!". Main St. Bakery is stressful. I feel your pain. Of course now because of the "Main St. Bakery" thread I'm going to look at nothing and order the french toast loaf and hopefully my anxiety will go down.

NeverlandClub23 said:
I have a hard time ordering here. I get all relaxed waiting in line because you can't see what's up there anyways and the sign says "assorted pastries". And I know they have cinnamon rolls but I want to try something different. So before I even hit the first glass case one of the CM's behind the counter says "Can I help you?" I say "I don't know. I was going to look and see" so she moves on to the person behind me. I get up to the case and I have three sets of glaring CM eyes on me commanding me to make a choice. I get nervous, my eyes quickly shooting back and forth between all of the wonderful things at the bakery, getting pushed as people behind me have their food and are trying to go pay for it, I start to sweat before yelling in panic "A cinnamon roll! I'll just take a cinnamon roll!". Main St. Bakery is stressful. I feel your pain. Of course now because of the "Main St. Bakery" thread I'm going to look at nothing and order the french toast loaf and hopefully my anxiety will go down.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Hmmm, let me see now. Uh, hmmm... What is there? Hmmm... Just a minute now--I'm looking! Uh--can I get a... Oh wait, I see you have.... Hmmmm. Let me just think what I feel like having...Gosh, I don't know how hungry I am...

AUGH! :crazy:

This does drive me crazy and this is why I am the one in our family to order instead of DH. He will not even order my coffee at Starbucks! The thing is, when you live with one of these people, it is even worse. (See the previously mentioned DH.) Going to McDonalds.....we get to the ordering part of the drive thru. I have already asked the kids what they want, drinks, apples, all that nonsense and know what I want. I have the then YELL this order past DH because he cannot keep it straight and THEN it is his turn and there is silence. Just kills me. Do you know when the last time McDs changed their menu was???? Okay, they have new salads etc, but he is not getting one of those! Big Mac, Quarter lbr, fish sandwich. That is about as complicated as it gets. Oh, I love that man, but he is NOT good at ordering!

DisneyDotty said:
Hmmm, let me see now. Uh, hmmm... What is there? Hmmm... Just a minute now--I'm looking! Uh--can I get a... Oh wait, I see you have.... Hmmmm. Let me just think what I feel like having...Gosh, I don't know how hungry I am...

AUGH! :crazy:
Exactly! Drives DH :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Ordinarily at WDW, he's fairly patient-waiting for buses doesn't bother him much, long lines, etc. But people who take forever to order at CS is his big pet peeve! He swears DL is worse-although I wasn't with him to verify it. Everyone he got behind wanted an alteration-"can you hold the cheese?", "can I have extra mustard?", etc.

I have to say, I've always considered myself pretty uptight and type A but very little bothers me when I'm at Disney. I don't think this does, either. usually it's me in line and ds and dh finding a table, and I've got their orders already. I just use the time to daydream or check out what state all the CMs are from...

The only thing that has every really frustrated me at WDW was the trip where my son wanted to watch TV all the time in the room. We fixed that on the next trip by saying, "No TV until the bedtime stories." That was an easy fix. And once it was really cold. That was annoying b/c it was too cold to swim in the pool. But other than that, I'm just so happy to be at Disney, I don't give a RIP about much else! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Beth :goodvibes

disneymom3 said:
This does drive me crazy and this is why I am the one in our family to order instead of DH. He will not even order my coffee at Starbucks! The thing is, when you live with one of these people, it is even worse. (See the previously mentioned DH.) Going to McDonalds.....we get to the ordering part of the drive thru. I have already asked the kids what they want, drinks, apples, all that nonsense and know what I want. I have the then YELL this order past DH because he cannot keep it straight and THEN it is his turn and there is silence. Just kills me. Do you know when the last time McDs changed their menu was???? Okay, they have new salads etc, but he is not getting one of those! Big Mac, Quarter lbr, fish sandwich. That is about as complicated as it gets. Oh, I love that man, but he is NOT good at ordering!

LOL.... You described my dh to a tee.... It is hilarious when we get up to the drive-thru because we have all decided and he can't remember what we wanted. Then, he gets flustered becuz we are yelling at him. It is funny to think my dh has a Masters but can't order from a simple McDonald's menu!!

ADPOA Club Jester said:
Am I the only person to be frustrated when it takes people forever to order at counter service locations, when they had plenty of time while in line to read what is avaible on those billboard type menus. So what are your thoughts?

Not so much Disney, but at like McDonalds, KFC etc...irks the heck out of me...I mean who does not know what is on the menu? :rotfl2:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Anyone else remember the Seinfeld episode with the soup natzi? When you had to walk up to the counter, place your order and then step aside? And then Elaine steps up and drums her fingers on the counter, looks at the menu, tries to decide out loud, etc. And then she is told - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Disney should implement the same thing.... :)

NeverlandClub23 said:

ROFL! I have come to that place too. I send DH in the line and he knows I want French Toast Loaf...he goes through the trauma with the kids. However once we were thrown for a loop when he got up there and there was no FTL! The horror! ;)

I'm usually pretty patient, unless I'm on lunch hour and have to get back on time. This thread just reminds me of a scene from the Will Farrell soccer movie "Kicking and Screaming". Will gets addicted to coffee and one day he goes to the coffee shop and there's a long line and at the front there is an indecisive woman. She's just calming asking the guy at the counter..."oooh Irish Cream...what's that?" "Uh it's got cream and it's uh Irish". "oooh that sounds good...hmmm oooh smoothies... what's in that?" At this point Will starts yelling at the woman "This line is for people who want coffee order something with coffee and move on" (or something like that). "Ooooh do you have scones...what kind of scones do you have?" They get into an argument she says "Let's do this Sporty Spice" and grabs him by the throat. He ended up kicked out of the coffee shop. That's the ultimate in losing it over someone ordering, but I might lose it with her if I was in a long line behind her too, probably not to the point of fighting...just fuming to myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter