Does DCL stick with ship time?

Tinkerbell2B

Mouseketeer
I can't remember if DCL sticks with ship time from where the ship departed, or does time on the ship change during the cruise. I am on the March 16th sailing on the Fantasy doing the western route. Thanks!

I can't remember if DCL sticks with ship time from where the ship departed, or does time on the ship change during the cruise. I am on the March 16th sailing on the Fantasy doing the western route. Thanks!

Our experience has been that when traveling across time zones we change time. Now, we've mostly done cruises that were long ones (TA, PC), so, we have to change times. But even on our MR cruise we changed time.

:cutie:

Tinkerbell2B said:

The ship followed local time on our Western Caribbean cruise. I know, because I almost missed my spa appt. THAT would have been a tragedy ;). Next time I'll pay better attention!

It is completely up to the captain. Although in most cases, we have changed to local time. One exception was when the clocks changed anyway for daylight savings time (can't remember if it was spring or fall) but we didn't change to local time on that cruise and were an hour off in port. I mention it because DST starts in early March. (Just checked the date, it's the week before you. So you should be okay.)

I had read on the Dis previously that the ship stayed with port time, but on our August Fantasy western trip, the ship changed times...moved an hour ahead and then an hour back. It was not a big deal, but could make havoc if you did not pay attention. It was listed in the Navigator and there were announcements.

I had read on the Dis previously that the ship stayed with port time, but on our August Fantasy western trip, the ship changed times...moved an hour ahead and then an hour back. It was not a big deal, but could make havoc if you did not pay attention. It was listed in the Navigator and there were announcements.

Wouldn't changing the times mean that it DID stay with port time? The times in the ports were different from each other (1 hour ahead then an hour back), so the ship time would have to change to say with port time.

I've been on two Western Caribbean cruises with DCL and we changed to local time on each cruise. We also changed to local time on the Eastern Caribbean, and on the Canadian cruises.

Beth

crashbb said:
Wouldn't changing the times mean that it DID stay with port time? The times in the ports were different from each other (1 hour ahead then an hour back), so the ship time would have to change to say with port time.

Perhaps pa princess meant *departure* port time?

Except in the 1 example mentioned above, I can't imagine why a ship docking in a port wouldn't follow local time (and even in the case of DST I would be confused...then again I have a bad track record with time changes on ship no matter what!). What a nightmare that would be, making sure everyone made it back for All Aboard time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter