Does BW View = Illuminations View?

KelNottAt

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I just booked a trip to WDW for Labor Day weekend. Since we are well within the 7-month window, I was surprised to find out our home resort (BWV) is available. Hurray! This will be our first trip there.

I was hoping for a standard view studio in order to use the minimun points. But, all they had was a BW preferred view 1br. (Who could really be upset about that??)

Anyway, I was just looking at an aerial photo of the YC/BC/BW (http://www.disneypix.com/index.htm) and it appears the BW view villas face the Epcot International Gateway. Does this mean there's a possibility we'll be able to see Illuminations from our balcony?

DH only agreed to this trip if we kept expenses down and didn't go to the parks. So, a "stolen" view of Illuminations would be a great bonus.

What do you think? Thanks.
Kelley

Preferred View does not equal BW View. You could end up looking at Luna park. If you have a BW View it will say that on your confirmation.

If you were lucky enough to get BW View within the seven month window, you will see high fireworks from Illuminations from your balcony. But most of Illuminations happens at lagoon level, and the buildings block it.

There are three levels, standard prefered and Boardwalk view.

Some of the standard up high and down the hall have Illuminations views.

Ya never know what you'll see till ya get there.

Thank you both for you answers. Sounds like we'll have a better chance to catch a peak from some place other than our balcony. That's fine...just being there is enough for me.

BTW, our reservation is BW view. The CM gave me choice of preferred-garden or preferred-BW. I know...it's very surprising within the 7 mo window, and with no wait list. I must have just lucked out.

Kelley

Better places than your balcony are the BW way down by Atlantic dance (less of the BW building gets in the way) or the boat dock at the Y&BC. But you really can't see all of Illuminations without actually going into Epcot.

They are also very LOUD when you are in your room.

The high fireworks go off in three waves. On your balcony, you'll start hearing fireworks before you see anything. Then a few will go off you can see. Then there will be a lot of noise again, but little you can see, then more high fireworks, more noise, and the finale, which you can see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter