Does Blue Bayou take walk ups if there are no reservations?

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
Hubby & I are coming for a last minute 1 day trip this Saturday for his birthday and he wants to eat at Blue Bayou but there are no reservations available. :( Can we show up at the start at lunch & see if they will seat us? Any advice would be appreciated! In the meantime, I'll keep checking the app for cancellations:) TIA!

I very much doubt it, I eat at Blue Bayou every year and every time I check in with the host stand, they always turn away walk ups.

Just for future reference I always book Blue Bayou no less than 50 days in advance , as they have both normal diners and people on Fantasmic Dining packages and the the reservations go fast.

Hubby & I are coming for a last minute 1 day trip this Saturday for his birthday and he wants to eat at Blue Bayou but there are no reservations available. :( Can we show up at the start at lunch & see if they will seat us? Any advice would be appreciated! In the meantime, I'll keep checking the app for cancellations:) TIA!

Probably not, but keep checking for reservations. People will cancel as it gets closer, and especially right before 24 hours before when you get charged if you cancel.

I doubt dinner time will have walk up, but I’ve gotten in for a late lunch on a walk up.

It’s rare, but not impossible.

There is always the chance that they'll take walk-ups, but it's not something that happens on a regular basis. Whenever I've heard guests asking, the usual answer has been that they're fully booked and not accepting walk-ups. You're best bet for a walk-up is probably at an off time; the start of lunch is usually fully booked because guests want a water-side table and usually the first round of lunch seatings are at the water-side. As others have said, I would keep checking for last minute cancellations and hope that something comes up. Good luck!

If you want to try a walk up, be willing to wait for a while for them to fit you in. I would rather keep checking for a cancellation, rather than risk losing a lot of park time since you'll only have the one day. Try calling the Dine Line, too -- CMs there can be very helpful!

If you want to try a walk up, be willing to wait for a while for them to fit you in. I would rather keep checking for a cancellation, rather than risk losing a lot of park time since you'll only have the one day. Try calling the Dine Line, too -- CMs there can be very helpful!
Thank you I'm going to try to call first thing tomorrow morning:) @theluckyrabbit What is the Dine Line number?

I haven't had luck with walk up, but they will take a walk up if someone no shows or cancels. In the past they have offered me a time to come back later, but it is usually way past when I want to eat.

FWIW, I walked up to BB a few years ago and asked if we could get in for lunch even though we didn’t have reservations. We were told that we could. As I recall, it was a less busy time of year (when such things existed).

i have also had success walking up to Blue Bayou a few minutes before start of lunch service and then waiting 10-15 minutes before being seated (for a party of 2-3 people). This was at least five years ago, though...

We had reservations during President's week and there were quite a few walk ups. They were not given waterfront but they did get in. It was during the week though so that may be a factor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for pixie dust! :)

We had reservations during President's week and there were quite a few walk ups. They were not given waterfront but they did get in. It was during the week though so that may be a factor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for pixie dust! :)
Thank you everyone for the pixie dust & wishes! Managed to snag a dinner ressie just now & hubby will be so excited!🎉 Anyone know if we can turn it into a Fantasmic dining package since we are spending the money anyway?

Thank you everyone for the pixie dust & wishes! Managed to snag a dinner ressie just now & hubby will be so excited!🎉 Anyone know if we can turn it into a Fantasmic dining package since we are spending the money anyway?
Glad you got a booking!

As far as converting to F!, it's possible. Just ask when you arrive and they'll let you know- others have reported being able to do this an there have even been reports of just being offered the F! package on check-in for a regular reservation. Parks look to be busy this weekend though so it may not work out.

Glad you got a booking!

As far as converting to F!, it's possible. Just ask when you arrive and they'll let you know- others have reported being able to do this an there have even been reports of just being offered the F! package on check-in for a regular reservation. Parks look to be busy this weekend though so it may not work out.
Thank you so much @pharmama! Do you happen to know how early before our ressie we should show up to request a waterside seat at the rail?

Thank you so much @pharmama! Do you happen to know how early before our ressie we should show up to request a waterside seat at the rail?

Sorry, this piece I'm not sure about. Maybe will help others to know what time your reservation is (I know you said dinner but that's a big window :) )

They told us to check in 15-20 minutes prior to our reservation time and request the waterside table and be willing to wait after our reservation time for a bit (in case nothing came open in that time). Hope this helps.

For a busy weekend, try checking in at least 30 minutes early to request a waterside table. And be willing to wait as long as needed (usually not too long, but can be a long as 45 minutes) for that table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter