Does anyone know what's going on with River Country

Planogirl

I feel the nerd in me stirring
I saw in the rehab schedule on the DIS that River Country would be closing in September for refurbishment:

"River Country- closed for rehab September 2, 2001 until a date yet to be determined"

We enjoy going there to escape the crowds! Does anyone know if perhaps the park is set to become exclusively for Fort Wilderness as was rumored some time back? Or if it's just a simple refurbishment, has anyone heard what they plan to do? Why do announcements like these terrorize me now? ;)

Thanks!

River Country is usually closed from mid October until the end of February, so this sounds a little ominous. I really like it there, it is peaceful, and so different than the other waterparks. I hope that it continues to stay open to the public, or at least Disney resort guests!

I agree. I thought it was way too early for RC to close but who knows? Thanks. :(

River Country was closed last year in September- and I could be wrong- but I thought it remained closed for most, if not all, of the winter season

Dana

I also heard River county is closed now. What are the other water parks like (for adults)? We like slides but not the type that bruise your butt or hurt you otherwise physically. I LOVE the water as well.

Typhoon Lagoon is better if you don't want to do serious sliding. The wave pool is fun and floating around the park in a tube is great. The slides aren't ominous, either. Blizzard Beach is my 15 yo son's idea of fun - all those wedgie-maker slides!

RC was closed a good portion of last year. Currently it is only open on certain days. I think they feel it is not a draw. Personally I enjoy the change and its always fun as Goofy can usually be seen swimming around with the kids...

Typhoon Lagoon is a good adult waterpark. Not really slide oriented, and plenty to see and do otherwise, like Shark Reef and lazy river or wave pool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter