Does anyone here buy SCENTED candles?

jujubiee4

DIS Veteran
Up until a few months ago I have never bought scented candles. I started getting migraines and after
trial and error with my Doctor he asked if I used spray air freshener. I did and he said said stop and
switch to candles. Well the migraines diminished greatly.

Now I'm on a quest to find good scented candles. I bought Bath and Body which i love but burn
too quickly. Scentsationels which are great. Walmart 719 Brand. Yankee Candle and Village Candles.

Please post your favorites/opinions of ones you have tried!:)

I have asthma. Air fresheners (esp the plug in kind), scented candles and cologne all trigger my asthma attacks. Ditto for my husband and migraines. Funny though, the scents they put in most soaps, shampoos and detergents do not bother us. :confused3 Sorry for not answering your question. I hope you find something you like, maybe look at farmers markets for candles made with natural products. Or buy a eucalyptus or rosemary plant, they give off a very clean smell, plus look pretty. Our local Costco is currently selling live rosemary plants for holiday decorations.

The better homes and gardens from Walmart are good. A lot of my friends says they are the best for the price.

I second the suggestion to take a look/sniff at the candles at Wal Mart. They're not as expensive as some of the candle shop candles, and some of them last an amazingly long time while still smelling great. Not every candle there is as great, though, so maybe try out your favorite scents in smaller sizes first to see how they do.

I don’t burn many candles due to the soot they produce. That stuff can be hard to clean off the walls and ceilings. However, I only buy Yankee Candle. I wait until they are having a BOGO sale and stock up. They have the best balsam scent!

I also use Scentsy products which I love. I’ve tried the generic versions, but they just aren’t as good https://scentsy.com/

I don't burn candles, but I put the jars on a candle warmer. Favorite brands are Gold Canyon and Bath & Body Works.

I don’t burn many candles due to the soot they produce. That stuff can be hard to clean off the walls and ceilings. However, I only buy Yankee Candle. I wait until they are having a BOGO sale and stock up. They have the best balsam scent!

I also use Scentsy products which I love. I’ve tried the generic versions, but they just aren’t as good https://scentsy.com/

Funny thing about Yankee Candles. My friend bought my first one as a gift and i loved it. So i blindly purchased
about 6 from their website. Well when i got them i was disappointed. They didn't seem to "throw" nearly as
well as my first one. So I just kept 3 and returned 3. Well i dug one out of my closet couple days ago and relit it
and within a couple hours you could smell it the minute you walked into the room and surrounding areas.
It DID NOT do this the first couple times I lit it for a few hours. I'm new to candles and wondering if i did
something wrong?? Do Yankee candles smell stronger and better the MORE you light them?

I'm use to bath and body where within 30 minutes the smell permeates everywhere.

I don't burn candles, but I put the jars on a candle warmer. Favorite brands are Gold Canyon and Bath & Body Works.

That is the 2nd thing i bought. Candle warmers and then a wick cutter. I'm having mixed results on the candle warmers.
Some candles smell the same as if they were lit and some could be fully pooled and the throw isn't as strong on a warmer.

Up until a few months ago I have never bought scented candles. I started getting migraines and after
trial and error with my Doctor he asked if I used spray air freshener. I did and he said said stop and
switch to candles. Well the migraines diminished greatly.

Now I'm on a quest to find good scented candles. I bought Bath and Body which i love but burn
too quickly. Scentsationels which are great. Walmart 719 Brand. Yankee Candle and Village Candles.

Please post your favorites/opinions of ones you have tried!:)
I bought the one that is supposed to smell like Wilderness Lodge, welll....it didn't. It smelled like any regular pine scented candle. Don't waste the money.

Rather expensive, but I only burn Root Candles. They are beeswax and use essential oils. I am pretty sensitive to scents, air fresheners, other candles, perfume, give me headaches and asthma, but the Root Candles do not. They have a great Black Friday sale, I buy several every year.

Funny thing about Yankee Candles. My friend bought my first one as a gift and i loved it. So i blindly purchased
about 6 from their website. Well when i got them i was disappointed. They didn't seem to "throw" nearly as
well as my first one. So I just kept 3 and returned 3. Well i dug one out of my closet couple days ago and relit it
and within a couple hours you could smell it the minute you walked into the room and surrounding areas.
It DID NOT do this the first couple times I lit it for a few hours. I'm new to candles and wondering if i did
something wrong?? Do Yankee candles smell stronger and better the MORE you light them?

I'm use to bath and body where within 30 minutes the smell permeates everywhere.

That is strange about the yankee candles! I'm from MA and grew up using those candles! I remember driving to their factory store in Deerfield and my mother's excitement when they opened their first retail store in Sturbridge because it was closer to home LOL!!!

Bath and Body Works has my favorite candles as far as consistency goes. Yankee is so hit or miss with which scents are going to throw and which aren't. I used to buy so many of them but after realizing how many half burned YCs I had sitting in the bottom of a cabinet I quit buying them (except their apple pumpkin, which I've found to be their most consistent candle scent).

I also do Scentsy warmers, and occasionally I will melt a Better Homes and Gardens scent cube in them, but they aren't as good and don't come out of the warmer as easily.

Every now and again I will pick up a specific brand of candles from Marshalls - Makers of Wax Goods. Birch and Whiskey are two of my favorites.

Woodwick can be good too, but again, hit or miss on scent throw. Fireside is my favorite of those.

I don’t have any problems with soot, but I keep the wick trimmed. I cut it just before I light the candle.. then the flame doesn’t get too high.

I think my favourites are always Yankee Candle. I’ve just never found any that I like as much. I used Scentsy for quite awhile but they want $8 for one of their wax melts packages now and that’s just too much for me... I can get a large jar candle at the Yankee Candle outlet for the same price and it lasts me a lot longer.

I only have a handful of scents that are tried and true for me. Wisteria or Lilac in the Spring, Lemon or Coconut scents in summer, Pumpkin spice in Fall, Sugar Cookie and Peppermint at Christmas... plain old Cinnamon for winter.

Lately, I've found the Yankee ones don't seem to throw the scent as well as they used to. I just ordered a Sugar Cookie one from my friends' daughter's fundraiser and you can only smell it if you are within about 6 inches of it.

Bath and Body Works are by far my favorite even though they don't last as long. My favorite scent of them is the Lemon. Last night we had it burning in our living room and I could smell it all the way upstairs in the bedroom.

I don’t have any problems with soot, but I keep the wick trimmed. I cut it just before I light the candle.. then the flame doesn’t get too high.

I think my favourites are always Yankee Candle. I’ve just never found any that I like as much. I used Scentsy for quite awhile but they want $8 for one of their wax melts packages now and that’s just too much for me... I can get a large jar candle at the Yankee Candle outlet for the same price and it lasts me a lot longer.

I only have a handful of scents that are tried and true for me. Wisteria or Lilac in the Spring, Lemon or Coconut scents in summer, Pumpkin spice in Fall, Sugar Cookie and Peppermint at Christmas... plain old Cinnamon for winter.

Not sure where you live, but they are still only $6 by me. My coworker is my dealer, but I just looked it up online and, yep...$6. I only use 1 at a time, so I get a lot of use out of that $6...which is why I like them so much!

I use the tart warmers if I really want strong scent. I have like a hundred of them and they are so cheap. They are much more fragrant than the candles. I only have to keep them on for a short time to get my whole house to smell delicious. Anyone else use the tart warmers?

Not sure where you live, but they are still only $6 by me. My coworker is my dealer, but I just looked it up online and, yep...$6. I only use 1 at a time, so I get a lot of use out of that $6...which is why I like them so much!
I'm in Canada which is probably the reason for the difference. They just went up this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!