Do your kids get 104 days of summer vacation?

Avalon_toon

DIS Veteran
Just wondering! We are sitting here watching Phineas and Ferb, and my DH wondered how many kids actually get that many days? Ours get 75 this year... June 26-Sept. 6th...

That's always bothered my daughter, too. We get basically the same summer vacation that you do. School ends around June 24th, and they go back on September 7th.

I have always meant to count, but never got around to it. I guess 104 just had a nice ring to it!

We're getting a paltry one this summer :( A whopping 63 days!!! LOL! Thanks to 6 snow days, we get out June 28.... and for the first time, they've decided to start school prior to Labor Day on August 31 this year because they want to make sure that if we get snow days again next year, the school year won't get out so late. My girls are NOT happy!!! :rotfl:

My kids don't since we homeschool--they are only getting roughly 6 weeks this year (a whopping 42 days), but that is because we our buidling next years school calendar with much more flexibility and more breaks spread thoughout the year.

I wonder if you add all the days off during the school year that are not weekends, do you get 104 that way?

This year, it is 101 days from Memorial Day to Labor day--so perhaps that is the the rough parameters of when P&F get their summer vacation.

9 days inclusive of the weekends for M & L days, plus 92 days for June/July/August...101 days.

That "There's a hundred and four days of summer vacation" has always driven DD crazy. We really like the show but when you watch it it ALWAYS has to REMIND you that vacation is going to END and Phineas and Ferb get MORE than anyone else in the universe.

agnes!

My last day is May 11 (the official last day is May 13, but my last exam is the 11th, so I'm done then) and I go back August 22nd, so that's somewhere around 103 days. But, I'll be spending May, July, and half of August taking summer classes, so it's not all that great :rotfl:

Also, I'm in college. So tell your kids they might get their 104 days of summer vacation if they just stay in school :rotfl:

I'm a college student, and I have roughly 115 days of summer vacation this year. I've actually wondered that myself before, since I love the show, and realized that I never actually got that much vacation. I know in highschool and middle school we got roughly 70-80 days at the most.

just tell 'em to enjoy it regardless of the length.... when they finish school and get jobs (depending on their profession), they'll be lucky to get 2-3 weeks all year, much less spring break/summer vacation/fall break/winter break/etc....

;)

just tell 'em to enjoy it regardless of the length.... when they finish school and get jobs (depending on their profession), they'll be lucky to get 2-3 weeks all year, much less spring break/summer vacation/fall break/winter break/etc....

;)

Or zero vacation. There are still employers out there that offer employees no vacation, no holidays off, and no sick time. You can take time off, just no pay for it.

We homeschool, but public schools here get out on May 26th and go back Aug 10. So that's 76 days.

I can't imagine school in June! I remember my senior year we had to make up a lot of snow days and our graduation was on May 31st. Everyone was freaking out at the thought of possibly going into June. However, I guess y'all are just as freaked by the idea of going in August. We used to get more days, though. I remember getting out mid-May and going back late August, around the 21st.

I doubt it, but I'm too lazy to count them. Their last day this year is May 27 and they go back around August 20.

Looks like we have about 87... We get out June 2nd and go back roughly Aug 29th.

My kids finish June 16th and go back to school on July 25th, so 39 days. Sucks to be them ;).

However, they also got off from Dec. 16th to Feb. 16th (62 days) so I guess it all evens out!

Our first day off is Canada day July 1 and we go back day after labour day. I wish the kids got 104 days it always bugged me too lol. We are taking them out for two weeks in oct so I guess they do ok. Mnsshp is so much fun we MUST go

Psh, I wish! Our summer this year got cut short because they're transitioning from ending late and starting late to ending early and starting early. Only problem is that we started late this year, therefore making us end late and start early. I think it's about 50 days of summer this year.

76 in the district I work in. Though without weekends, it's more like 50-something.

All in all, I know I'm lucky enough to have that time during the summer - but I'd really like to know where on earth these kids live. Can I get hired in Danville?!?

And P&F must not have to do state testing if they have such a long school break!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter