Do you think there is enough time to go to Stich Breakfast before 9:15 pirate cruise?

HLester3

Mouseketeer
Hi. I am getting a little worried that I am not allowing myself enough time to have the Stich breakfast at the Poly and then get to the pirate cruise at the GF by 9:30 a.m. My breakfast reservation is 7:30 a.m. Do you think it should take more than 1 hour to eat, since we are one of the 1st reservations. I don't know how long it takes to get by monorail from the Poly to GF.
Thanks, Heather pirate:

I think that will be fine -- at 7:30 you should be the first group in so there won't be a back up. And I am one that is over cautious with time management.

The GF is just one monorail stop from the Poly so that is quick and easy too - plus its walkable if need be (along the pathway).

We stayed at the Poly and my nephew did the pirate cruise and I know we got there plenty early - that time of the day the monorails are coming pretty fast and continuously.

Liz

Do remember that they take photos before this breakfast. That made our ADR go late and there was quite a line. Also, depending on if it is an EMH at MK that morning, the wait at the monorail can mean that you have to wait for the second monorail. You should be o.k. but just things to make sure you plan for.

Hopefully at 7:30 in the morning there will not be a long line. I know that photo lines can be long. I will keep the EMH advice in mind also. Thanks.

Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the Poly to GF?

One thing to think about- the CMs running the Pirate cruise want you to check in a half hour before the cruise starts- you might be cutting it close.

You don't have to have the photo if you don't want it - that would cut out some time. We never buy the photo so we politely decline and never have to wait in the photo line.

Hi. I am getting a little worried that I am not allowing myself enough time to have the Stich breakfast at the Poly and then get to the pirate cruise at the GF by 9:30 a.m. My breakfast reservation is 7:30 a.m. Do you think it should take more than 1 hour to eat, since we are one of the 1st reservations. I don't know how long it takes to get by monorail from the Poly to GF.
Thanks, Heather pirate:

My question would be "why the rush" Is there a way you can do Stich on another day? I know if it were me, I'd be too nervous the my DK's would miss the boat, that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the breakfast. Remember you are on vacation - this isn't a contest of how much stuff you can jam into a few days.

But in answer to your question - You will have enough time, if everything falls into place. IMO you aren't giving yourself enough time for the unexpected. What if you are chosen for a Year of a Million Dream thing? Would you have time enjoy it?

Don't bother with the photo. We arrived at 7.45 and we were done by 8.30, despite the fact that our ADR wasn't until 8.30am (I over-estimated the amount of time I thought it would take to get from I-Drive to the Poly - turns out, about 25 minutes...). The skillets come hot and fresh but obviously because there's only one option they're continually making it, so you don't have to wait for your "order" to be made as it were.

We had LOADS of time playing with the characters. Drinks arrived within 5 minutes, skillet 5 minutes after that at 7.55am. We didn't feel rushed at all. We ate plenty and at our leisure. We were at AK for 9am. The GF is the next stop on the monorail or a few minutes walk from the Poly - you should be there by 9am without having to worry at all.

My question would be "why the rush" Is there a way you can do Stich on another day? I know if it were me, I'd be too nervous the my DK's would miss the boat, that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the breakfast. Remember you are on vacation - this isn't a contest of how much stuff you can jam into a few days.

But in answer to your question - You will have enough time, if everything falls into place. IMO you aren't giving yourself enough time for the unexpected. What if you are chosen for a Year of a Million Dream thing? Would you have time enjoy it?

The Year of a Million Dreams are given at the parks so she is not going to get one there - she might get a wish or a magical moment at the resort but that is sooooo unlikely that is hard to fathom scheduling around that possibility.

I really don't think the OP is rushing things at all - its an hour breakfast at the most if you are there for the first time of the day and its a hop skip and a jump away from the GF...and even though they say they want you to check in a half hour early for the pirate cruise there will be checking in right up to the minute the boat fills up and leaves.

I think its a good combination of things to do in one day. And my guess is the OP will be at the GF early.

Liz

Thank you for all of your replies. I usually skip the Photo at these breakfasts, so we wont have to wait for that. I thought it would be a good day to do the Stitch breakfast because we are staying at the Poly for 4 days and we have to have breakfast anyway. This just seemed like the day to do. Actually I am trying not to book so many breakfasts and things on this trip so we could actually get to the parks for once. I was tryiing to kill two birds with one stone.

The kids have been on 2 pirate cruises from Beach Club before, and there is usually a lot of waiting around. The people that worked there weren't even there to check in 1/2 hour early the times before.

If I feel that we are getting too time crunched we will just leave the breakfast, and I will tell the waitress/waiter that we have to be on the pirate cruise, so I will ask to pay early so we can go.

Thanks, Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter