Do you think Earth will be abandoned by the year 3000?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Do you think Earth will be abandoned by the year 3000? As in all humans pack up and leave for a new planet to populate. With space technology evolving every decade, what do you realistically think our capabilities will be in the year 3000? I mean according to the History channel, Nostradamus predicted the world would end in 3793 so….. 🤣

Last edited:

Krypton 2.0?

No, I don't think so. I think by that point we will have also solved the issues that are currently making Earth less hospitable. If we can terraform other planets we can also do the same here. I think Earth will be fine, though quite different from today's ecology.

Do you think Earth will be abandoned by the year 3000? As in all humans pack up and leave for a new planet to populate. With space technology evolving every decade, what do you realistically think our capabilities will be in the year 3000? I mean according to the History channel, Nostradamus predicted the world would end in 3793 so….. 🤣
The world ends every second a person dies. No need to worry about year 3000 when personal death is so close at end...😅

According to these illustrators, Year 3000 is going to be pretty sweet. Sure the sea levels will probably be higher, but it looks like we get to take to the skies in some nifty air/spacecraft. Likely exorbitant insurance rates on those.
JO6GJKhERpezitjmUelQ_the_world_in_3000.png

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think Earth will ever be abandoned. If I'm entertaining visions of how mankind would move out into the rest of the universe, I could see a tiered system springing up, where the people wealthy enough to move to high-tech colonies or pristine terraformed environments elsewhere would and a degraded Earth becomes something like how we treat the developing world now, home to polluting industries, NIMBY facilities like prisons and landfills, and repetitive production occupations with little upward mobility or human rights protections.

I don't think Earth will ever be abandoned. If I'm entertaining visions of how mankind would move out into the rest of the universe, I could see a tiered system springing up, where the people wealthy enough to move to high-tech colonies or pristine terraformed environments elsewhere would and a degraded Earth becomes something like how we treat the developing world now, home to polluting industries, NIMBY facilities like prisons and landfills, and repetitive production occupations with little upward mobility or human rights protections.
With historical sites and holy lands, I think people will still stick with the Earth out of reverence. There's also plenty of nostalgia factor. Me, take me to Europa colony, baby!

I can't see us fleeing earth. Maybe a small amount populating another planet. I do think we will run out of oil in 100 to 200 years. And when we do we no longer have plastic/silicone. And since every advancement in the last hundred years heavily relies on plastic I think we are in trouble.

I do not think there will be any humans alive on planet earth in 3000. Whether there will be many humans elsewhere in existence, odds not so good. Climate change will eventually cause massive famine and human migration, more wars, threat of nuclear weapons use. Glad I won’t be around then.

I do not think there will be any humans alive on planet earth in 3000. Whether there will be many humans elsewhere in existence, odds not so good. Climate change will eventually cause massive famine and human migration, more wars, threat of nuclear weapons use. Glad I won’t be around then.
But Disney will be less crowded…..🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter