Do you take your camera everywhere?

Is it strange I just walk around with my Nikon around my neck all the time? My friends and co-workers hate me, always snapping pics here and there LOL :lmao:

Many stores do not allow you to take pictures inside. I know my grocery store does not and neither does my local mall but yet inside the mall is a Build-A-Bear Workshop and you can take pictures in there.

The "Mall Cops" claim "national security concerns" and use "911" to justify why you can not take photos in the mall. :rolleyes1

I do not take my camera with me everyday when in town but when I go away on a trip (business or pleasure) I do take it. Next week is a business meeting in Lancaster, PA and I will take my camera.

There are times that I wish my camera was with me all the time but it is not practical and I would never leave it in my car.

I pretty much carry it around with me every where I go. I just put what I really NEED in my camera bag instead of carrying a purse as well.

Seems like whenever I don't bring - I see something I want to photograph.

I do take my camera with me to everywhere but the store. I actually got some amazing shots of deer running across the road while picking my DS up from work. That's not a common sight in the city streets of Philadelphia.

The "Mall Cops" claim "national security concerns" and use "911" to justify why you can not take photos in the mall. :rolleyes1

I'm a olive-skinned young man sporting a goatie. I've received my share of concerned looks from strangers when I've been alone photographing cityscapes and buildings. :rolleyes2

I do not take my camera with me everyday when in town but when I go away on a trip (business or pleasure) I do take it. Next week is a business meeting in Lancaster, PA and I will take my camera.

Here is a link for a map pinpointing the covered bridges in Lancaster County. Right now some of them may have ice on the creeks. Lancaster has the most covered bridges in our state :)
http://www.co.lancaster.pa.us/lanco/cwp/view.asp?a=15&Q=257050

I don't feel strange when I'm in WDW taking pictures of food, of merchandise in stores, concrete walkways.... but I do feel strange to take my camera with me around town.

Do you carry your camera in your car in case you see something you want a picture of. Twice this week I really wished I had my camera with me to take pics of things I saw while driving. (I would have stopped the car :lmao: )

Do you take pictures of interesting things in stores? Last night I saw a store with lots of beautiful glass scuptures that would have been fun to photograph, but I would have felt pretty strange doing it.

If you do carry your camera, do you carry it in a bag or just hold it or wear it on the strap?

I used to carry mine a lot .. but not all the time.

This week, I decided to do a Project 365 (a picture a day for 365 days) and now carry a camera everywhere. LOL

The worst was a couple of years ago I went to the zoo and I realized halfway there I forgot my camera. I had to buy a disposable in the gift shop and it seriously bummed me out.

the same thing happened to me last summer. I used the phone on my iPhone. It just wasn't the same, though. :upsidedow

I used to feel silly about taking pictures of everything everywhere we went. But now that I have a child, and one on the way, I don't leave my camera at home. I carry my Canon SD800 in my purse everyday and we have a Nikon D40X we use for special events and of course Disney!

I can say that my camera really helped us solve a problem with our 15 month old son. We noticed a small bulge on his inner thigh/groin one night. It would come and go but he seemed to be in pain when he cried. We took him to the ER explaining what the mystery bump looked like, but of course when the nurse looked it was gone. So I got out my camera in case it came back. Of course, there it was again and I took a few shots. When the doctors came in there was the evidence they needed to diagnose a hernia. I know that really helped and who knows how long it would have taken for it to show up again.

I bought a travel strap to keep my little camera around my neck because I lost my 1st one in France while on vacation. I don't take it off, or put it down anywhere anymore. The best case I found has a hard leather outside and suede inside from our local camera store. A little more expensive, but it's a hard case that I know won't get mushed in my bag. I don't care what other people think about me taking pictures all the time. You can't get those moments back, so why not take them and delete later if you don't use them afterall ? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter