Do you studio?

Where do you stay?

• I stay in a studio and I'm proud of it!

• I'd stay in a studio, but we have too many family members.

• I stay in a 1BR or better, unless I'm forced not to (low on points..)

• 1BR (or better) or bust!

Results are only viewable after voting.
We love studios. I think they are just perfect for a couple, especially the ones with the couch + bed instead of two beds. If we have extra points or want to treat ourselves, we also love the 1br but I don't feel like I am missing out in a studio.

We stayed in a studio on our first 2 stays back in 1995. Our third trip was in a one bedroom...we haven't stayed in a studio since. For the two of us we we get a one bedroom. When three or more of us travel we get a two bedroom or the grand villa.

We had a 2 bedroom at SSR, expecting there to be 6 people. It turned out only to be 4 people, but I am still glad we had the room. It was so nice to have 2 separate bedrooms for privacy. If it's just me in the future it will be a studio. If 4 or more though, I would have a hard time settling for anyting less! I should have started out smaller. Oh, well.:o

We have always stayed in a 1 BR, but in 11 days when we head back to the BCV's we will be in a studio for 5 nights and will switch over to a 1 BR for the remaining 4 nights of our trip. We did not have enough points for the 1 BR for all 10 days, and I think this was a logical solution. We will have the jacuzzi (my favorite ammenity) and the laundry for the end of our trip.

Corinne

It's just two of us, and we try to stay in 1BR unless the points won't allow it. We have stayed in studios when we wanted a quick cheap trip, but most of the time we have more points than time, so we splurge and pamper ourselves. Besides, having the dryer in the room means fresh dry towels every day regardless of the room services :)

We have no "issues" with studio stays. :)

Our first DVC stay was in a 2bdrm, then a studio, then 2 in 1bdrms, and next year we will stay in a studio again.

I admit I prefer a 1bdrm, if only for the separate bedroom and washer/dryer, but those lovely studios really let us stretch our points creatively when necessary. ;)

Sure, we stay in studios. But not for more than 4 nights.

On our next two trips we are staying over the weekend in a studio and then switching to a one bedroom.

And I just squeezed in a 4 night weekend trip in Feb in a studio.

I suppose as we get more points we will be seeing the studio less and less :smooth:

DH & I have 2 trips booked and 1 more waiting to be booked and they will all be in a studio. It's just the 2 of us and I never cook on vacation. If someone happens to be napping we have the balcony or pool or shopping (that's my choice!).

If, in the future, we bring our DD, DSL & DGD, they will have their own studio. We like the privacy!!

Denise ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

To me one of the best things about DVC is the different room options, so people can choose based upon their needs and preferences. We normally stay in a studio because there is just two of us, I don't necessarily want to cook while I'm on vacation, and since we have 150 points, we get the most days at our favorite place by using the studio. However, our next trip will be in a 1 bedroom because we're bringing my brother along - we had to borrow points to stay as long as we like. Again, that's why I appreciate the flexibility of DVC!

Lin

I've done the studio and the one bedroom for 2 of us. Frankly, I don't cook at WDW, and I don't go there to stay in the room. Thus, since it is for sleeping and breakfast, the studio is great. For more than 2, I'd probably go with the 1 BR.

We have stayed in studio 2 out of 3 trips. We have stayed in 2 bed when MIL went home with us and boy that was nice. We are staying in a studio upcoming trip. Then a 1 bed in Jan but more so that we dont lose banked pts we just purchsed a couple of mos. ago.

We arent fussy, we love our DVC!

We are timeshare owners, but not DVC members, although I have been exploring this board since I do love Disney. We traded one of our three weeks to stay in a one bedroom at Disney Hilton Head once during the off season and really liked the resort. From what I have seen of Disney resorts (I have toured a few), the units are smaller than most timeshares but are very comfortable and the decorating and furniture are lovely.

Typically people who own timeshares do not want to stay in hotel rooms or studios. They usually own 2 bedroom units and want a large living area to spread out in. Our weeks are one bedroom units and we virtually always trade into 2 bedroom units even though it is only my husband and myself, since the living area is often larger and we get an extra bathroom and more closet space etc. I think studios are more accepted at Disney because it's an acceptable trade-off for the convenience of staying on-property at wonderful resorts. I would be willing to stay in a studio at Disney, or maybe at a top resort in the Carribean if that was the only trade I could get, but aside from that I feel it defeats the purpose of why we bought timeshares. We enjoy having a whole apartment. I think DVC is a nice plan and the flexibilty of being able to accept a smaller unit to gain more resort time is a good idea since each family can make the choices that best suit their budget and lifestyles.

DH and I have stayed in a studio, and while it was fine, we do prefer having the ability to spread out into a 1BR.
There's something about having the living and sleeping areas separate that make it more relaxing or something for me.

That being said, if I had a chance to go and the only thing available was a studio, I wouldn't turn it down!!!!!;)

we can get 15 weekday nights a year in a studio with our measely 150 points - you're darn right I'm proud of it!

we've stayed in the 1BR a few times and of course it was wonderful. but, when we go to spend most of our time outdoors, we're only using the room to sleep in - and the studio serves that purpose just fine.

I am STUIDO-LICIOUS!!!:snooty: and loving it. Our children are young, and it is a vacation...so I do not cook:Pinkbounc . In a few years we might change....but thats why we love DVC...the options. If we weren't DVC owners, we would be staying on site...so it's a win win for us. We will also be adding on for increased flexilibity, but DH can not really take a lot of time off work:rolleyes: Love the options(did I already say that?):D

Our family of 7 still fits in a studio! It's great. We also like to rent out to groups of college kids and they really pack them in. Hard to find room for those kegs, but they do. Glad the studio option is there. :jester:
Really don't have a problem with studios, they are nice rooms. Down the road, i can actually see getting two studios. Wish more of them connected.

I will be staying in a studio in November. I figured it was a shorter stay and the studio still has more amenities then the standard deluxe room at WDW. :)

I did love the 1bdr. for the extra space and whirlpool tub when we were there in May on a longer trip. The washer/dryer in the room was nice too.

I still would not hesitate to book a studio if that is what suited my vacation needs.

As a solo I've stayed in studios at OKW, BWV, HH and VB and often in a one-bedroom at OKW (home). It depends on what I want to do, where I go and points I have to use. Studios are ok and often better than regular hotel rooms.

I prefer the one-bedroom since it has the spa, w/d and big kitchen. It's more of a vacation to me to have those conveniences and space.

I usually stay in a studio. We are a family of 4, myself, dh, dd (7) and ds (3). I have enough points for more, but I am a point hog and have a hard time parting with them. I know when the kids are older that we will probably jump right into a 2bdrm because I have a boy and a girl and they will not want to share beds, so in the mean time, I will continue to enjoy the studios while I can.

Originally posted by wtpclc
My DH and I bought DVC thinking a studio is still better thana regular room at a delux. There's just the two of us, so the pull out will be nice instead of a bed during the day. Since I started coming to this board in March or April, all I've heard is why not to do a studio. I'd like to see how many are out there that stay in studios and like it. So, please let me know.

TIA!

This is a very interesting poll question. The results show that a few "strongly opinionated" posters can create an illusion here on the DIS that just doesn't exist, ie your initial impression that everyone hated studios. Evidently the vast majority of responders to this poll will stay in studios if it makes sense for them to do so. Only a small percentage will absolutely not stay in studios. Very interesting. Thanks for posting this question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter