Do you remember candied apples?

jiminyC_fan

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,

I was just at a buffet for a luncheon and they served candied apples. I remember my grandmothers making them way back when. They are sliced and red in color and sweet. Does anyone have a recipe to share? I have a funny feeling that the red color might be red hots but not sure. Ohhh, how I would love to make them now that I am a grandmother. :teeth:

Never mind, I found a few. Here are a couple if anyone is interested.
CANDIED APPLES

6-8 McIntosh apples
1/2 lb. candy cinnamon hearts
1/2 c. sugar
3 dashes cinnamon
1 stick cinnamon
1/2 c. water

Cut apples in half, core and pare. Soak in ice water 30 minutes. Heat on stove: candy, sugar, cinnamon, water and cinnamon stick. Boil 10 minutes. Pour over apples in a casserole dish and bake 45 minutes at 325 degrees.

CANDIED APPLE RINGS

2 c. sugar
1 c. water
2/3 c. red cinnamon candies
1 dozen whole cloves (or as desired)
5 to 6 firm apples (depending on size)

Mix syrup of first four ingredients in large fry pan. Peel and core apples. (I like them unpeeled if the skin is not tough.) Slice apples crosswise. Cook apples in syrup, turning often until tender. Watch carefully! Remove to deep platter and pour syrup over apple slices. Chill!

You remind me of me!! Answering your own questions!! As long as you get the right answer!!

Those sound yummy!!! I never heard of them but am going to try one of those out--thanks:)

Have you tried the ones out in the oven? Do they end up having a crunchy candy coating like the candied apples you can buy at the fair?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter