Do you prefer to book a dedicated or a lockoff 2BR?

If both are available, which one would you book?

• Dedicated 2B

Votes: 50 89.3%
  • Lockoff 2B

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

zavandor

DIS Veteran
There is some discussion about the impact of the increase of the lockoff premium and understanding the 2BR booking patterns would be useful to estimate it.
Which one do you prefer?

For us, we get a 2B when travelling with others (cousins and friends). We prefer the lockoff for that reason. We get the 1 bedroom side, they get the studio side. The lockoff offers more privacy at night by shutting the connecting doors and yet they still have the kitchenette if they want something cold to drink/early breakfast, etc. When all are awake we have the connecting doors open and the laundry/full kitchen is available for them to use. We did a dedicated 2B at SSR with my Dad this past Thanksgiving and it really would have been better to have a lockoff...he gets up and has breakfast very early. Our kids sleep on the sleeper sofa in the living room and he was coming into the kitchen early to make his breakfast--although he did eat it in his bedroom.

I voted Dedicated 2BR, but honestly it really depends on the travel party.

As @Geomom indicated, if the travel party includes another set of adults then the lock-off may be preferred. Separate entrance, a kitchenette and their own thermostat makes for a connected yet separate accommodation. But if it is just my children coming with us, we prefer the dedicated 2BR. As @TCRAIG pointed out, with a dedicated 2BR you get two queen beds in the second bedroom, and larger closet space since there is no entry hallway like there is with the studio.

Neither is intrinsically better...we have stayed in both many times and been happy with either.

When we traveled with our two sons when they were younger, preferred the dedicated. Now that they are adults and one is married, prefer a lockoff so they can come and go as they please with more privacy.:goodvibes

We mostly stay at OKW so it really doesn't matter. I picked dedicated, because we travel with the grand kids now and I don't want them to have a door to the balcony or the main exit. Plus most trips are in GV now as the group is growing.

We get a dedicated. When we get a two bedroom, its always a family vacation and we all like to spend the time together when not in the parks. The grandkids love it.

Just had this choice on Monday. Either would have been fine 2 adult couples.
We ended up choosing Dedicated. Adult DS said they didn’t need extra entrance or kitchenette. We find Dedicated offers plenty of privacy. For only 4 adults in a 2 bedroom, either is good

Dedicated for the real bed. If they install the murphy pull down queens in all the resorts like they are planning at SSR I might change my mind.

I am looking forward to those beds in a BLT 1 bedroom. With that 2nd bathroom it will be ideal for when our grown son joins us.

Laura

Always dedicated. We need those two queen beds in the second bedroom and have no use for the studios kitchenette.

Dedicated for the real bed. If they install the murphy pull down queens in all the resorts like they are planning at SSR I might change my mind.
Hi. So instead of the couch in the studio their will be a Murphy pull down bed? Where can I see what the plans are for the renovations at Saratoga? Tia

Hi. So instead of the couch in the studio their will be a Murphy pull down bed? Where can I see what the plans are for the renovations at Saratoga? Tia
There are photos posted on the SSR thread (near the end) in the DVC Resorts board.

It really depends, do we need the extra queen bed? And will DH and I be part of the group as we would prefer the lockoff so we have our own kitchenette and exit door to the hall. We have booked both ways. There wasn't an option for that answer so I didn't vote.

With little kids, you want a dedicated 2 bedroom that only has 1 entrance. Lock-offs have 2 entrances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!