• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you prefer the Magic/Wonder or the Dream/Fantasy? Poll...

Do you prefer Magic/Wonder or Dream/Fantasty

• Total voters
In our 6 cruises only the first one was done on the Fantasy and most of the others on the Magic, and we call her home ;). And yes the itineraries on the classics are way more interesting!!
We thought we would never achieve the slam of the 4 ships before the new ones because we are not interested in 3 or 4 nights, we love the longer cruises, but we have now booked the Dream for her 7 nights itinerary in November 2020 ;)!

Last edited:
I love the classic ships more. My daughter loves the Dream class ships more. The classic ones are just more relaxing to me.

We've been on the Magic and Fantasy and we preferred the Magic for the size, restaurant shows, and more reserved adult areas, while our 8yo daughter preferred the Fantasy for the Aquaduck, Detective Agency, and larger kids club.

Yes, seems Dream class is better/more fun for kids!

In all honesty, I've never set foot on a cruise ship that I didn't love. They all have their plusses and minuses but in the end we enjoy them all. I picked Magic/Wonder in your poll, however. We choose our cruises based on destination, and we really don't have any desire to go back to the places the Dream/Fantasy currently go. I do look forward to the new ships coming, as that will probably open up more options for ships other than the Wonder/Magic when we sail on DCL.

After 21 cruises and multiple times on all four ships we prefer the Magic for its smaller size.

I have only been on Dream/Fantasy, but would love to try the smaller ones, and suspect I might prefer them.

However, the choice of which ship for me next will be completely dependant on the itinerary. I want a southern Caribbean cruise, but can only do that in the summer. Seems right now that is limited to one cruise on Fantasy per summer. I'm hoping this will be offered more often (on any ship) once the new ships start coming out.

Fantasy for us. We like Aquaduck (hate Aquadunk) and Mid Ship Detective Agency. Nemo's Reef is so much better than what's offered on the Magic. And we like Aqualab Splash Zone. We just like a little more space. We've been more crowded in the Atrium and various lounges on the Magic than we ever have on the Fantasy. I'm hoping when the new ships come out, the Fantasy will sail from NYC instead of the Magic!
This is us exactly. I feel like my kids enjoyed the Dream Class ships more, and the Fantasy more than the Dream. They loved the Aqualab and Midship detective. Once you know how the cruise crowds "work" you can get around them easier on the bigger ships. There seems to be more ways to and from places. That could just be my interpretation of the layout though.

Funny thing as the survey so far resoundingly says the Magic class ship is preferred yet the newest ships will be larger and more modern versions closer to the Dream class ships.

Funny thing as the survey so far resoundingly says the Magic class ship is preferred yet the newest ships will be larger and more modern versions closer to the Dream class ships.

People will still cruise on them so more people = more $$ for Disney!

Tough to say definitively one way or the other. There are some things I prefer about the classics, and there are other things I prefer about the 2 newer ones.

Although “larger” is only 3-4% overall. So they are not going behemoth class any time soon. Unless a LOT has changed, passenger capacity will remain the same as Dream Class.

Although “larger” is only 3-4% overall. So they are not going behemoth class any time soon. Unless a LOT has changed, passenger capacity will remain the same as Dream Class.

Curious how you are getting 3-4%. I think Trera was comparing Magic to Dream class...not Dream class to the new ships.

Magic is 83,000 tons/2,700 passengers
Fantasy is 129,750 tons/4,000 passengers (almost 57% larger than the Magic, capacity 48% more than the Magic)

New Ships will be 140,000 tons/4,000 passengers (almost 69% larger than the Magic, capacity 48% more than the Magic)

Fantasy is significantly larger and has more capacity. New ships even a bit larger than that.

Curious how you are getting 3-4%. I think Trera was comparing Magic to Dream class...not Dream class to the new ships.

Magic is 83,000 tons/2,700 passengers
Fantasy is 129,750 tons/4,000 passengers (almost 57% larger than the Magic, capacity 48% more than the Magic)

New Ships will be 140,000 tons/4,000 passengers (almost 69% larger than the Magic, capacity 48% more than the Magic)

Fantasy is significantly larger and has more capacity. New ships even a bit larger than that.

I was responding to her saying that the new ships are going to be larger than Dream Class.

And everything Disney has put out about the new ships is only 3-4% larger than Dream Class but same number of passengers. So they are still not going to be huge compared to the behemoths RCCL is pumping out.

I was responding to her saying that the new ships are going to be larger than Dream Class.

And everything Disney has put out about the new ships is only 3-4% larger than Dream Class but same number of passengers. So they are still not going to be huge compared to the behemoths RCCL is pumping out.

Got it. I took her comment to mean that she was surprised the new ships would not be as small as the Classics since that's what many people prefer and yours comparing the Classics to the Dream class. Thanks for the explanation. :)

Last edited:
I prefer the adult pool on the classic ships.

Although I like the menu in Enchanted Garden, that dining room always seems much too crowded to me.

Classic ships were my vote, but I will sail any DCL ship. However, we do book primarily for itinerary and so, we have been more often on the Classics.

Wow. I'm a little surprised by the votes, it's pretty skewed to the Wonder/Magic. We have been on the Fantasy twice and the Wonder 3 times. I do prefer the Wonder, although the staterooms are really creaky to me at night. The Wonder feels like home.

We have a 6.5 year old and 8 year old and the AquaDuck is second only to Castaway Cay in terms of their favorite parts of the cruise. They could ride the AquaDuck all day long and would be beyond disappointed to not have that on a cruise. So, since happy kids = happy parents on a cruise, it’s dream class all the way for us.

Seems like I heard the additional boat size above the Dream class would be for more entertainment square footage for passengers and some more concierge space.

Seems like I heard the additional boat size above the Dream class would be for more entertainment square footage for passengers and some more concierge space.

Yes. But it is not for more cabins.

Got it. I took her comment to mean that she was surprised the new ships would not been as small as the Classics since that's what many people prefer and yours comparing the Classics to the Dream class. Thanks for the explanation. :)
In my mind, I know Disney is never building smaller ships ever again but it seems odd to me that if the small ship is overwhelmingly the preferred class of ship that people like, why not build more smaller ships.

I guess because they make more money on bigger ships and people will still cruise on the larger ships even though they prefer smaller ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter