Do you need to make a reservation for Club Libby Lu?

Kris Puyear

Mouseketeer
This looks like something my 8 year old daughter would love to do.

Is a reservation required, especially for a Saturday evening?

Thank you,
Kris

Ok - I give up - What is Club Libby Lu? I've been waiting for a reply on this just to see what it is!

My boyfriends niece went there and she got a makeover. She had her hair done to be a Rock and Roll Chick. When we met up with her at the store after they made her over she could not stop talking about it. She had so much fun. To find out more they have a website called clublibbylu.com
Oh and by the way I am almost positive you need to make an appointment. The libbylu by us is ALWAYS crowded.

I went online to check. It said that you do need an appointment if you want proper pampering. Here's the Disney addy:

Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney District
1580 S Disneyland Dr Space 105
Anaheim, CA 92802
Employment Opportunities: Click Here
Phone: (714) 772-3793

Quite unbelievably, they portray their store as a private club that you can join the first time you visit them in person.

Excuse my cynicism, but basicly what this store does is peddle glitter and wild hair styles to preadolescent girls. The pink or purpler, the better.

The basic experience ranges from $20 to $30...and you have to pay a deposit when you make your appointment!

Personally, I would not subject my daughter to this stuff, but I know a lot of moms think it's great. I'm a child of the 60's...back when we wanted to girls to expand their horizons, not plan for a life as a tart, lol!!!

:rotfl:

I'd love to hear what you think after the visit. I would guess that if you have a girly-girl, she'll be a fan for life, lol!

Well my daughter did this and she is not a tart, nor am I planning her life as a tart. ITs fun for tween girls and that is it. They get a 'cute' hairdo (nothing slutty or tarty as you are implying), some glitter nail polish, light coloured eyeshadow and some lip gloss. She looked great afterwards and had a blast. I made an appt. and did not pay a deposit in January, and I also have an appt. for this Monday for her B-day and have not paid a deposit (or was asked for one). As for the store, it is called Club Libby Lu. Anyone with a tweenie daughter knows they love 'clubs' and to belong to 'stuff'. They have hit a marketing nail on the head with this one. I think $20 is extremely reasonable for the experience. They get to pick 5 little goodies, like lip gloss, body glitter, etc... to keep, and they get the makever for only $20. There is nothing wrong with little girls loving pink and purple and glitter. I would rather her be into that than wanting to wear black from head to toe and listen to heavy metal!
Go and have a blast! You will love it. They keep one chair open for walk-ins, but I would still call a couple weeks ahead for an appt, especially if it lands on a Fri-Sat-Sun. Those would be busy b-day party days.
They also sell tons of great stuff that little girls love - room decor, clothing,etc...

thanks I made the appointment for this summer. The girl said if you want a Fri. -Sun. call 3 months in advance otherwise 1 month in advance is o.k. We didn't get the times we wanted but were able to secure a 1:00 on a Wednesday. Thanks for the info. My friend wanted to know if they did nails.

I just called the Downtown Disney location to book for a couple of adults that thought it looked like fun. Turns out that they are so popular I couldn't get any appointments at all 2 weeks out. However they did say that you can do a walk in and it may take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending. They also quoted a price of $21.55 per person regardless of age if you weren't booking a party (there has to be a minimum of 4 to be considered a party)

I walked past it last Sunday around 1:30 and there were girls getting done, but there were also some openings. A couple of girls were standing out front, wearing fairy wings, and they were sprinkling anyone with "pixie dust" and telling them to make a wish -- it was so cute. I wanted to take a pic, but my 16 yr old dd is now "too cool" to do it -- my ds told me not to even think about it when I looked at him.

The kids in there really looked like they were enjoying the experience.

We have a Libby Lu here in our city. It opened this past Fall. It has been **the** place to have bday parties. Little girls love it; my 11 yr old won't go in there though...it's too young for her age group.

We were at Libby Lu on Saturday the 28th. We walked in around 9:50 and were told that the wait would be about 45 minutes, but this was an estimate. My only concern was that we were on a time limit because we had a plane to catch! :sad2: I was told that if the wait got too long and we had to go, our money would be refunded. The girls each paid their $20 and got to pick 5 items out of some bins. By 10:15 they were both sitting in a chair and by 10:30 we were done! Very quick and very cute! And no reservations needed! That was two sleeps ago and the hair is still in place!!! :banana:

I worked for Club Libby Lu for awhile! It was really neat to see the girls having so much fun! Although towards the end of my time there I couldnt belive how simple the hair styles had gotten as to where we were still charging 25-30 dollars a girl! When moms would bring in birthday parties of 8 or more I would just cringe. But I really think for a once in a life time thing If you dont have one in your mall, its a really cute idea! My favorite part of the job was being the "Front Fairy" where I would stand infront of the store and grant little girls wishes by sprinkling "Fairy Dust" on them. We would take walk in's and ressies so Im not sure how busy the one in DTD gets, so it might be good to place your ressies. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter