Do you need shade for the MK parade in November?

kariyava

Mouseketeer
We planned to go to Disney this coming week, but obviously had to reschedule. We are now going in late November. When we were planning on going in April, I thought getting a shaded spot for the parade was important, but I am wondering if that would be the case in November. I am eyeing the VIP seating package to avoid having to worry about getting a good view of the parade, but that spot isn’t shaded. What do you think?

I know the weather varies, but is it typically cool enough or cloudy enough in November so it is comfortable standing out in the sun for that long? And about what time does the parade get to the flag pole? I know it’s near the end of the route but I’m not sure what that means in terms of minutes.

1. I know the weather varies,
2. but is it typically cool enough or cloudy enough in November so it is comfortable standing out in the sun for that long?
3. And about what time does the parade get to the flag pole?
1. Yes. Varies. And that is the only answer that really applies.
2. See #1.
3. 3:25pm (for a 3:00pm start.)

Last edited:
It can be cool but sunny where you might want shade, or even warm but cloudy where shade may not be as important. I wouldn't say November is particularly cloudy, not more than any other month. Its also statistically the driest month of the year. I don't think you necessarily need a VIP package to get a good view of the parade though, its pretty visible from a lot of places you can show up to closer to the start time. Just depends on how important the parade is to you.

After 30-40mins in Florida sun on a clear day, even if its 75-80, you'll start to feel warm, and don't forget the sunblock!

Side note: do they no longer do VIP seating on the bridge between Liberty Square and the hub?

After 30-40mins in Florida sun on a clear day, even if its 75-80, you'll start to feel warm, and don't forget the sunblock!

Side note: do they no longer do VIP seating on the bridge between Liberty Square and the hub?
It really varies by person. I don't mind the 80s and 90s and don't burn. My wife does not like it in the 90s, and can burn on a cloudy day.
Sunscreen, even on a cooler,cloudy day is needed, if you aren't used to the Florida sun.

We go most years around Halloween and stay until early November. We're from NH and don't tolerate heat and humidity well however, we still feel it is the best weather of the year. I would vote for shade and throw on a fleece if necessary. It was really hot (high 80's/humidity) last fall when we were there for 11 nights though we've had "perfect" 70's/dry/sunny weeks too. There is a nice, large shady overhang with benches where the restrooms are over near the firehouse...a great spot if you can snag a bench!

No way to know in advance. In November we've had scorching days in the 90s, cold days in the 50s, rainy days and sunny days and cloudy days. Trying to plan the weather is pointless.

The sun here is no joke. Not even on cold days would i be alright sitting in the stub for more than 30 minutes, it could ruin your vacation quickly. I always have a small umbrella with me and use it when waiting outside and close it once the parade/ show starts

Being from Michigan, those 75-80 degree November days got awfully hot standing in the sun waiting for and then watching the parade. We find shade if we can.

I've used handheld fans on trips in December so I'd say yes, it can get a bit uncomfortable in the sun in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter