• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you like it? Thoughts?

gullyf said:
I would seriously doubt that you'll see rates go any lower than what you have accepted. Possible, but I would suspect that occupancy would have to be well below targets for them to reduce it further. And the most likely thing to happen in that case is a 'free dining' promotion to the general public, not a room rate discount. Amazing what a loophole can do...

I agree totally. I think WDW has conveniently set themselves a base line discount rate with the "best rate" and only if bookings are really lousy are they going to go lower than that "best rate" on AP or public codes. I don't like the deposit requirements either, but I was willing to take the gamble and book the rate because I already had room booked at AAA rate for a definite trip - already have MVMCP tickets, etc. So for me, it was worth it to get a rate substantially lower than my AAA rate, and I'm willing to live with it if I don't get a lower rate. There's no way I would book it counting on an additional discount. I figure if the rate gets reduced it's gravy - if not, I'm still saving money over what I had. And if I find out they've offered a lower rate than mine to other AP holders - you can bet I'm going to be on the phone raising he!!, and writing emails and letters to any and all that I can. I still say, they don't want to wind up with unhappy AP customers using this best rate program spreading the word not to use it.

lillygator said:
as soon as I booked it WDW sent me a confirmation via e mail.
--------------------

That's great! I'd make several copies and guard them with my life - just in case..:)

Now as long as you don't have to make any modifications based on what you what you read - or what you were told - you should be good to go!

Have a great time! :flower:

As you sound to be in final planning stages, you certainly have nothing to lose by accepting things. For us, it is more of an impromptu thing. We have already been twice in the last year... it is more of a question of 'do we want to go a third time?' Will the prices and timing convince us that yeah, we want to do this? Travelling is hard enough these days.. travelling with two year old twins, and possibly a teenager or two, is downright stressful! So from my perspective, Disney just stepped in and added some hurdles to the decision making process that didn't exist before.

lillygator said:
as soon as I booked it WDW sent me a confirmation via e mail.

Oh dear, that would have been nice! I never rec'd an email verification though I checked off the box requesting one and gave them my email address!!!

I agree w/ others who have said in the beginning, the program was rolled out to show us booking at rack and hoping for better. That was ridiculous! :rotfl2: Then finally the lower prices were loaded into the system and THAT is when it made sense to book.

Now...some people are still hoping for better rates; I agree, chances are slim to none. We're currently booking a ltd # of rooms at basically a 35% discount under the best rate program. Disney is covering itself and trying to make us all warm and fuzzy saying it will be the best rate or they'll match any future public offerings. IF, they need to get more rooms filled...my guess is all they'll have to do is offer a discount to the public which is NOT as good as this AP best rate one. The public will flock to it....and we'll know we locked in early and got our 1st choice in terms of resort, location, etc. But do I think they'll offer something public that is lower????? no way.

I'm not crazy about it.

I only need to book our first Saturday night and our last Friday night since we stay DVC in the middle. The plan came out after my 120 day window expired for the first night and today is the last day to book my last night.

I'm holding out for the room-only codes instead of tying up my deposit for the unknown. Worst case scenario-- I end up staying at a moderate instead of deluxe for those two nights. I can live with that!

I truly believe what you book at - will be what you pay and what you are comfortable paying. This is how it should work.

I hope that the system is UPDATED and re-worked so that it is a little bit friendlier to use. It is sort of aggravating to me to keep trying. It would be so much EASIER and so much NICER if they listed what hotels had what availability and what rate for your booking. Then all you would have to do is choose what was appropriate for your Disney vacation. Is that such a technology nightmare to offer? I hate having to select a different resort....each and every time when my first choice isn't available.

We are still trying to analyze the “Best Rate Program” , we will be in WDW July 4th - 14th I am planning to purchase AP(s) for all 4 of us (Family ) when we arrive, we were then looking into a return visit this Nov hoping for AP rates, due to the fact we do not yet have our AP(s) we are not Even able to book online or check the rates offered for AP holders. I have talked with a lot of people who purchase their AP(s) when they arrive in WDW , however if we are to use this System on line we are being told we must have a pass or voucher in hand, this part of the program alone is causing a lot of problems, I know that one has to have the AP in hand at check in; and Should, however to book a room with a pass that you will not use for 120 days is asking a lot, I do know if one has the AP because they have already been to WDW then this is not as issue , however we purchase our AP(s) the first day we need them and use them as such: July 2005, Nov 2005 and June 2006/ then we do not renew . We will then purchase new Ap(s) July 2007 for use July, Nov 2007 and June 2008. So there will be a gap of not having AP(s) in hand when we make the Res. But as stated we do purchase them when we arrive. Most of the guide books and web sites we read about Disney states that you should not purchase AP(s) until you are in WDW unless you think there will be an increase in price. The reason they state is because there is no need to spend that kind of money until you are going to use the AP(s),
I think the “Best Rate Program” might work however I feel that one should not have to have the Voucher or Pass in hand just to book a room or even find out the rate for that room . I also do not agree with those who book a room and never show an AP at check in or have them at all, we all know that this could be solved if the CM would ask for them and require them at check in. If this was strictly enforced then problem Solved. I also feel that if one checks in with an AP rate and dose not have an AP in hand and has no intention of getting them then they should pay the $50 change penalty and of Course rack rate. Again to me this would solve some of these issues.

Just my thoughts, and dose anyone know the AP rates for Nov 19-26th 2005
thanks

Worked like a charm for me. Got great discounts at AKL for my stay in December. Can't wait to get back there!

wdwhooked said:
So there will be a gap of not having AP(s) in hand when we make the Res. But as stated we do purchase them when we arrive. Most of the guide books and web sites we read about Disney states that you should not purchase AP(s) until you are in WDW unless you think there will be an increase in price. The reason they state is because there is no need to spend that kind of money until you are going to use the AP(s),
I think the “Best Rate Program” might work however I feel that one should not have to have the Voucher or Pass in hand just to book a room or even find out the rate for that room.

Just my thoughts, and dose anyone know the AP rates for Nov 19-26th 2005
thanks

What resort are you looking for rates for????

Unfortunately as it stands now, you must get access to the Passholder site to book with a voucher or pass number. But, it is my understanding that this Best Rate Program is in addition to the AP program where codes are released and you can still call in. I hope that will still be the case, but at this point some are even doubting that this way of booking will still exist. Would you possibly consider purchasing one voucher so you can book?? It is just so uncertain what is going to actually happen..........

Denise

thanks for the post G&J's Mom, we are looking at Alsmovie for the week of Thanksgiving 2005 Nov 19-26th
:confused3 Thanks

wdwhooked said:
thanks for the post G&J's Mom, we are looking at Alsmovie for the week of Thanksgiving 2005 Nov 19-26th
:confused3 Thanks

I do not show availability for ASMovies through the Best Rate program, but I show availability for POP at 616.93 for your dates and also ASMusic and ASSports at 624.89 for 7 nights. $79 a night for all 3. The difference in price between POP and the other two is the tax charged :confused3 It should be 11.5% so I don't know what is up with that.

Hope something works out with ASMovies for you. I find that resort sometimes harder to get with an AP then the others.

Take care!

Denise

Thaks G&J's Mom for your time, this helps alot , after our July trip we will have our Ap in hand and will work on trying for Nov. THANKS again :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter