• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you like it? Thoughts?

cindybasket

Earning My Ears
Well, I so far am not a fan of the new system. To me it has been very frustrating to find anything - lots of work to just find nothing available. I am truly hoping they get the kinks worked out SOON! The website should be a little more friendly and can someone at Disney please work on this "timed-out" issue...sometimes it is just a matter of seconds and it times you out and other times it is a little longer.

Good grief!

I do believe all those people who have booked their reservations already and BELIEVE that Disney is somehow going to lower their confirmed rate should really re-assess that situation. I don't believe once it is confirmed at XXX dollars that they are going to lower it anymore. I don't believe (I can very easily be wrong too) that it will match other AP rates quoted - just the general public codes. So let's say you book now for $250 then the week before rooms are still available to AP's and they are offering same room, same view for $200 but it is AP rate not general rate - those who have booked will most probably pay the $250 instead of the lucky $200 figure. Otherwise, Disney can say that it wasn't a general code being offered just an AP code.

I know - I know - I know but if I don't book the room now I just might miss out. I totally understand this but I hate to see people posting all the "good" AP rates they got only to find out that Person A had the same room (same dates) for $250 and Person B has the same room (same dates) for $200 and both were using an AP code. If they don't "match" and I don't believe they will the rates - some people are going to be a LITTLE FRUSTRATED with Disney and will really have a tendency to question this new program.

I really hope they work out the details for the online system - as it stands right now - it is quite a bit of work.

Posted by Magicx2 from another thread....(Fall/Winter Codes I believe) I don't know how to do the pretty blue box to quote Magicx2 so I just pasted. Hope I don't offend.

I sent a question via email to the passholders website about matching ANY discount that came out (aka:AP codes via phone). Here is what they responded with:
Dear MAGICX2,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

If you make a reservation on the passholders website, they will not adjust the
rate to match a passholders rate when it is released.

Reduced rate are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Gail Williams

WDW Online Communications

can anyone post what the WDW website says for the program details? I can't get there at work, but I can bet there will be a ton of passholders raising hell if lower rates are offered and they signed up through this best rate system and did not get them.

cindybasket said:
I don't believe (I can very easily be wrong too) that it will match other AP rates quoted - just the general public codes. So let's say you book now for $250 then the week before rooms are still available to AP's and they are offering same room, same view for $200 but it is AP rate not general rate - those who have booked will most probably pay the $250 instead of the lucky $200 figure. Otherwise, Disney can say that it wasn't a general code being offered just an AP code.

An AP rate is a public rate so therefore they would have to lower it.

cindybasket said:
Posted by Magicx2 from another thread....(Fall/Winter Codes I believe) I don't know how to do the pretty blue box to quote Magicx2 so I just pasted. Hope I don't offend.

I sent a question via email to the passholders website about matching ANY discount that came out (aka:AP codes via phone). Here is what they responded with:
Dear MAGICX2,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

If you make a reservation on the passholders website, they will not adjust the

Reduced rate are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Gail Williams

WDW Online Communications

Now was this response to questions about The Best Rate Program??? You can book regular AP rooms online as well, so I was just curious.......

cindybasket said:
I know - I know - I know but if I don't book the room now I just might miss out. I totally understand this but I hate to see people posting all the "good" AP rates they got only to find out that Person A had the same room (same dates) for $250 and Person B has the same room (same dates) for $200 and both were using an AP code. If they don't "match" and I don't believe they will the rates - some people are going to be a LITTLE FRUSTRATED with Disney and will really have a tendency to question this new program.

I really hope they work out the details for the online system - as it stands right now - it is quite a bit of work.
-------------------

I noticed that too.. That people were posting the same dates, same type of rooms, but different rates they received.. That would not bode well with me.. I think the program is very wishy-washy and has been extremely frustrating for people to try to use thus far.. The only thing I know for sure is that if people begin to notice the differences in what they got compared to someone else in this same program for the same dates and same rooms, Disney is going to catch holy heck!!! :earseek:

Oh - and one other thing I forgot to mention.. With all of these glitches in this system and inconsistencies, I hope that people who are actually using it are PRINTING OUT the page that confirms what they think they have signed on for.. Waaaaaaaay too many glitches in this system to trust that what you've seen on the screen is actually what you're going to get..

lillygator said:
can anyone post what the WDW website says for the program details? I can't get there at work, but I can bet there will be a ton of passholders raising hell if lower rates are offered and they signed up through this best rate system and did not get them.

I think everyone who got a "best rate" on the same type room at the same resort will pay the same rate. When I was trying to reserve mine, it came up with different rates at different times on the same room, but only the lowest one said it was the "best rate" - the others said "best rate" not available try other dates/resorts. I had to log out and back in to get back to the "best rate." I think this is why people are seeing different rates. I think they know they'll have irrate AP holders if the AP rates are different on the same room/same resort. Based on they're own words, they'll match best rate to public and AP rates are released to the public. They've qualified it to say no matching of PINs, clubs (AAA), etc. They're not going to leave themselves open, and if they do, I think it will only take a phone call to the AP line raising hell to get them to match a lower public rate if they don't do it automatically.

What I think will happen is they will base the future discounts on the "best rate" they've already given. If they need to fill more rooms after 120 days, they'll offer a discount at or above the existing best rate. Then if they still need to fill more rooms, they'll offer discount below best rate and lower the booked best rates. I think seeing an adjusted lower best rate is only going to happen if they can't fill enough rooms by using other tactics.

At this point I think the catch is, What is a public rate. The info on the AP site states they will lower the booked rate "if" a public rate is lower.

Now the catch is interpertation. We would all consider APs public rate, but I an not sure Disney does. I think they consider a public rate one available to the public without any requirements, such as purchasing the Annual Pass. I am not sure they even classify general public rates that are coded.

There is more information on this on Mousesavers. At this point I think that Cindybasket is correct. I think the new program is going to be similar to purchasing airline tickets online. At any given time the exact same ticket will be a different price. There is no telling how many people sit next to someone on a plane that either paid alot more for the same ticket or alot less.

I think the same situation will exist with this new program. Some will get great savings, some will get less, and some might not find any. I guess basically when you see a price you like, book it. Hesitate and it might be gone. Then don't go check anymore, because if it lowers you will truly be sick then.

I copied/posted the response sent to one of our DisBoard members - Magicx2 . They had posted this "response" letter that had been e-mailed to them from Disney. I have not had this luxury YET of getting any response to questions posed to Disney regarding this program.

If you look at the letter that had sent to Magicx2 - it clearly states

"If you make a reservation on the passholders website, they will not adjust the

Reduced rate are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability"

What is posted at the best rate program website is rates released to the general public codes. I for one have always been told when I booked a Passholder rate (in the past) that it is NOT considered a public/general rate code. It is a "group" related code - same thing as AAA codes.

Who knows - but this is starting to smell really FISHY! And I hate the way that some fish smell!

It's all speculation at this point, but I think they are going to have to offer the AP Best Rates people any AP rate that is lower than the booked best rate. The success of this new AP Best Rate program hinges on the satisfaction of the people participating in the program. The last thing they want is a bunch of irrate AP holders that were willing to take the best rate gamble because they offered a lower AP rate to those who did not book the best rate. AP holders would not use the program in the future if that happened.

cindybasket said:
Who knows - but this is starting to smell really FISHY! And I hate the way that some fish smell!
------------------

I agree.. The wording in this offer is very vague and doesn't really hold Disney to any strict guidelines.. It's only the customer who is being held to rigid requirements..

Take for example the $50 Modification Penalty.. Someone on one of these many threads did a copy and paste of the EXACT wording from the Passholders site and it clearly states it will be applied for ANY modification.. Yet people have posted on threads that they've been "told" that it won't apply if they "upgrade" or make other changes that doesn't "cost Disney money".. Ever try to prove something you have only been "told" when the exact opposite is in writing???

My advice to everyone is PRINT, PRINT, PRINT out copies of EVERYTHING in regards to this program or you may be in for a very unpleasant surprise.. :earseek:

I hate it!

long story

I already had a rack arte room at CSR.I tried to book CSR at the passholder rate. I printed the quote page where it clearly says CSR 6 nights $729.24. Then I get my confirmation and it says CBR. It was late at night so I called yesterday morning. I was told no availibilty at CSR I could cancel CBR since that's not what I wanted and get a refund. Checked last night online and CBR was gone.

This morning I checked again and the passholder rate was available. I booked it with no problem. I went to "my itinerary" to get the confirmation # of the original ressie so I could cancel it. CBR ressie is back. Which I thought was strange.

I called CRO. They say that CBR was never cancelled, more or less called me a liar about booking CSR even though I have the paper right in front of me. And they are charging me the one night's deposit to cancel CBR. First of all I thought it was already cancelled and even so I'm really not cancelling I'm moving to CSR for the same dates. No it's considered a cancellation because I did it online instead of calling them.

I thought the whole purpose was for people to book online and stop calling CRO. But no, if you don't get the resort you want, you should be calling CRO 10 times a day to see if anything opens up.

SuzEm said:
It's all speculation at this point, but I think they are going to have to offer the AP Best Rates people any AP rate that is lower than the booked best rate. The success of this new AP Best Rate program hinges on the satisfaction of the people participating in the program. The last thing they want is a bunch of irrate AP holders that were willing to take the best rate gamble because they offered a lower AP rate to those who did not book the best rate. AP holders would not use the program in the future if that happened.

Unless of course the rate that is booked online with Best Rate ends up truly being the best offered. Which may be the case. If anything else is offered, Disney may make sure it less. They would have to.

dcgrumpy: Have you tried calling the passholder's line instead of CRO to see if you can get that corrected? That's absolutely not right and I think if you can get to the right level of management - they will correct it.

It may just be that...speculation - that it will be lowered.

I haven't been lucky enough yet to get an AP rate that I like yet - same resort, same dates, just different prices at different time frames of checking in some were lower, some higher, then lower but not what I wanted to pay though - we're not talking pennies here too. Best Rate should be best rate but I don't believe it is going to be - this is based on some of the wishy/wash answers that are coming out of the mouths of Disney representatives.

All I am saying is that it is a BIG LEAP OF FAITH to rely on Disney automatically "reducing" your room and that they will honor the Best Rate program. Time will only tell :hourglass

I would love to hear of someone who can get answers straight Disney - I haven't yet.

Sammie said:
Unless of course the rate that is booked online with Best Rate ends up truly being the best offered.

You hit the nail on the head and I really think this will be the case. They will make sure that any discounts offered to AP or general public will be more than the established "best rate." Only if they still have availability after all other tactics to fill rooms are exhausted will they offer a lower rate that creates a situation where they have to lower the "best rates."

C.Ann said:
-------------------

Oh - and one other thing I forgot to mention.. With all of these glitches in this system and inconsistencies, I hope that people who are actually using it are PRINTING OUT the page that confirms what they think they have signed on for.. Waaaaaaaay too many glitches in this system to trust that what you've seen on the screen is actually what you're going to get..

as soon as I booked it WDW sent me a confirmation via e mail.

dcgrumpy said:
I hate it!

long story

I already had a rack arte room at CSR.I tried to book CSR at the passholder rate. I printed the quote page where it clearly says CSR 6 nights $729.24. Then I get my confirmation and it says CBR. It was late at night so I called yesterday morning. I was told no availibilty at CSR I could cancel CBR since that's not what I wanted and get a refund. Checked last night online and CBR was gone.

This morning I checked again and the passholder rate was available. I booked it with no problem. I went to "my itinerary" to get the confirmation # of the original ressie so I could cancel it. CBR ressie is back. Which I thought was strange.

I called CRO. They say that CBR was never cancelled, more or less called me a liar about booking CSR even though I have the paper right in front of me. And they are charging me the one night's deposit to cancel CBR. First of all I thought it was already cancelled and even so I'm really not cancelling I'm moving to CSR for the same dates. No it's considered a cancellation because I did it online instead of calling them.

I thought the whole purpose was for people to book online and stop calling CRO. But no, if you don't get the resort you want, you should be calling CRO 10 times a day to see if anything opens up.
-----------------------

I was wondering how long it would take before something like this happened.. Actually happened a little sooner than I thought it would..

I'm sorry for your troubles - and I hope you can somehow get it all straightened out - but this is a perfect example of how people are really leaving themselves open for Disney to bomp them over the head with their penalties whenever and however they choose to.. :sad2:

I know, I thought I was safe since I have absolutley no plans on cancelling. Plane tickets are bought, other family members have rooms and airfare booked.

SuzEm said:
I would seriously doubt that you'll see rates go any lower than what you have accepted. Possible, but I would suspect that occupancy would have to be well below targets for them to reduce it further. And the most likely thing to happen in that case is a 'free dining' promotion to the general public, not a room rate discount. Amazing what a loophole can do...

That being said, and addressing the topic of this thread, I offer these thoughts:

1) At least they are showing a discounted rate for you to book at. It initially sounded like they wanted us to book at rack, and 'hope' that discounts are released.

2) Since I do pretty much EVERYTHING via the web (including going to work ;), I really like the idea of being able to do this as well. It does take a bit of hunting though.

3) As far as timing out and rates being available then unavailable then available again, well, give it some time. The system is new and everyone and their brother is hammering it. Remember rooms are limited, and people not even interested in booking in the available time frame are checking it out. If 5 rooms are available at a discounted rate, and 50 people are checking availability, I would suspect one of two things is going to happen: either only 5 (perhaps +/- a few) people are going to get an offer, and/or the transaction will fail if more than 5 ultimately tries to book. Even though you might still have had the screen up which shows availability, it would no longer be available. Or it might have given you rack rate the first query, but someone viewing it didn't book or timed out and the next query you get your 'best' rate. Such is the 'stateless' nature of the web.

4) I still don't like the deposit issue, and it is going to cost them. As with the poster above (err.. that was another thread, but you get my drift), I have to think about things for a bit and make sure all my ducks are in a row before I commit. Give me a grace period, give me an option, give me something. We have been considering a Dec trip, and there were some fairly decent rates (yup, I am one of those who have been hammering it ;) ) available that normally I would have booked, knowing that I could make minor modifications as travel plans solidified. I have never had to cancel or make anything but minor modifications to a reservation, but I am not going to be risking $50-$200 this far out. Yeah, $50 is chump change these days, but I am cheap! The bottom line is where I would have normally gone ahead and reserved, I'll be waiting now, and if nothing is available when I know more about my schedule then I'll find somewhere else to spend my $.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter