Do you like Disney World or Universal more? And why?

Never ventured to Disneyland and probably won't...and dispite living 30 minutes from WDW I haven't set foot on their property in quite a while...I will again at some point but I doubt it will be in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
I lived for 4 years just 15 minutes from Disneyland. It is, by far, my favorite park. In Disneyland, when you are in the different lands, you really feel like you're in that type of land. I feel this when I am at IOA as well. For example, Disneyland's Fantasyland really feels like a small European/English village. Where as Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland area (the old, original section), feels more like a place with rides. The awnings in the Magic Kingdom really feel out of place and ruin the 'village' look. In IOA, when you walk into a section, that whole section's theme takes over and nothing really breaks the immersion. I don't remember Universal that well, because the last time I went, RRR made me sick and I left before I really got to wander around the park.

DS and I are headed to USO/IOA next week (first trip) and we were at WDW October 2016. I've got a TR started and will compare the two when we return. I'm interested to see what DS says about Universal as compared to Disney. He has LOVED our trips to Disney but he also really likes HP and roller coasters.

When I am in Orlando, no way could I do one park and not the other

Always do a stay at both park resorts each trip I make

Sometimes I stay longer at one resort but always have at least 3 nights stay at the other

If it's in the budget I would always opt to do both as well. Times when I've gone and only done one, have really missed and wished I coudl go to the other

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter