• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have problems with the DVC website?

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
I'm just wondering because I have never been able to access the info that I see others accessing here. I can get into the site but when I click on the member guidebook, it just keeps clicking nad finally says that I can't access that page and when I try to get into -say- the World Passport section I get the first page of that, but when I click on a specific state all I get is a blue page. I've reported it to MS twice- but had no response. Does anyone here have any suggetions for me? I'm trying to plan a trip to HI and can't get the info I need. THANKS!

No problem at all. Able to get in and change what I want to view.

I've been having problems with the pdf files at the site. I just keep trying and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Sorry I can't help, but I feel your pain!

I used to have a lot of trouble with the pdf files -- like the guidebook and the concierge collection descriptions -- when I had a dial up connection with AOL. Since I've switched to a cable connection I no longer have that problem.

It's most likely a problem with your computer or internt connection speed.

Do you have the most current issue of the Adobe Acrobat Reader? If not, that could be contributing to the problem.

Are you using a dial up connection? The guidebook is a large file. It may take a long time to download (even hours) if you are using a dial up connection. When I have a problem (I use dialup), it's usually because I am not patient enough to wait it out. Sometimes I get knocked offline before the files download. Never have a problem at work where there is a high speed connection.

I do have dial up AOL- maybe that's the problem. I'll have my DH check at work and see what he gets. Thanks

Originally posted by brandip22
I've been having problems with the pdf files at the site. I just keep trying and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Sorry I can't help, but I feel your pain!

Just a note about .pdf files. I've had some problems with the .pdf files. I have broadband access. I recently received a notice from Adobe that a new version of Acrobat was available for free download. Since the download I've not had any problems.

::MickeyMo

I cannot login to the DVC website from my home computer. I am using DSL, so I don't think the connection speed is the culprit.

I have no problems logging in from either of my employers comptuers.

It's very frustrating. :mad:

Doug- would you happen to have a link to that new adobe download?

Duke, can you get onto the site? Is it just logging into the member section that is the problem? If so, be sure that you aren't leaving any spaces between words in the username or logon. Sometimes that can trip you up.

I have DSL, too so I don't think it's speed. I will make sure I have the latest Adobe though- Thanks

I have the same problem as Duke. I can never get in. I'm sure the login and password are correct, it just keeps reprompting me to re-login. We also have dsl so I don't know what the problem is. I think it must be personal, it just doesn't like us.

I feel so much better that i'm not alone in this ! I was beginning to think I was computer illiterate! So rooy the rest of you guys are having problems too- but at least we know we're not alone! :p

Downloaded the latest version of Adobe. Turned off my McAfee security program and virus scan and set my internet security to allow everyone and their brother access to my PC and guess what?

I STILL can't access the DVC Member site. Triple checked my typing, even did the good ol' Hunt-and Peck to be sure.

Oh, well, guess I'll just have to get my news from the work PC's and stay active on this site.

:bounce:

Originally posted by Boo
I have the same problem as Duke. I can never get in. I'm sure the login and password are correct, it just keeps reprompting me to re-login. We also have dsl so I don't know what the problem is. I think it must be personal, it just doesn't like us.

You may want to check your permissions for cookies. If you are using Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater, you may have inadvertently "blocked" the web site's cookies. On the bottom right of the screen if you see the international "NO" symbol (red ball with white line) then this is probably the case. Double click on it and then double click on the web address in the pop up and then select "always allow cookies". This should enable you to log on to the web site. Just understand that those sites you give permission to may be able to track your viewing history. Hope this helps.

::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter