• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have any unusual fears?

I HATE bugs. All kinds. Even ants and lady bugs. And ESPECIALLY spiders. Oh my word, I scream bloody murder when I see one. Everyone in the office knows my screams by now. Lol.

Losing my teeth/teeth falling out. I don't know why. But it just weirds me all the way out. I have a pretty busted grill. But all the teeth are there lol.

This.

But I worry more about the kids losing a tooth/teeth than myself. I can handle bleeding, cuts, broken bones, concussion, anything else. The first thing I check when they get hurt is if they have all their teeth. Weird.

And I have already decided that I will NEVER have false teeth. If my teeth get that bad, I will get permanent replacements.

I HATE bugs. All kinds. Even ants and lady bugs. And ESPECIALLY spiders. Oh my word, I scream bloody murder when I see one. Everyone in the office knows my screams by now. Lol.

....do you have different screams for different bugs? popcorn::

I have a phobia with regards to the games "musical chairs" and "hot potato".

In the past I would need to leave the room while those games were going on. Now I just have to turn my back.

Taking my 3 kids when they were small to birthday parties was torture!! LOL!:rotfl2:

That's an interesting one! Is it anxiety related to not knowing when the music will stop or something?

I have a phobia of animals that hang over your head at museums and aquariums, especially whales and sharks. Dinosaurs freak me out too if they are over my head, I don't mind them if they're floor level though.

Birds, feathers and falling. Can't go up on the second story of a building if it has an open space down to the first floor. Chaperoned our fifth grade field trip to the capitol and had to be guided back down the stairs. It gives me vertigo.

Birds and feathers.....just YUCK! :crazy2:

Snakes! :eek: I'd run screaming into heavy traffic to get away from one. Okay...I realize a terrible fear of snakes isn't "unusual" but my reaction to them has been (according to my family) in the past.

I'm with you on this one...I FREAK OUT when I see them. We go to a family cabin and I know they are around. One day my husband put me out on the end of the floating dock because they were less likely to be seen out there vs. next to shore.

I was fishing away and got a bite, stood up to reel it in and a snake came out from under the dock. I completely lost my mind. I was screaming and trying to run back towards the shore...knocked over all our drinks and damn near put my husband in the lake shoving him out of my way.:lmao:

I am absolutely TERRIFIED of them and would probably plow down a small child in my attempt to get away from one.

Heebie jeebies is right...BLEH!:crazy2:

I can't step on boxes to crush them -- I don't know why, because I've never had an injury or anything.

China Dolls.

It's their faces! I could never go to sleep if there was a china doll in the room... just thinking about the doll staring at me as I slept!

Snakes & lizards, but I'm okay w/ them if they're outside & I see them first. I have a fear of suddenly coming up on one or stepping on one.

I'm especially scared to death of finding either one in our house. We've never had a snake in our house (thank the Lord!), but I can't go to the bathroom at night w/o turning on the light. I'm not scared of the dark - I'm afraid a snake will be curled up in the bottom of the toilet, so I have to check. When I'm getting in the shower, I also check along the top of the shower to make sure there's not a snake lying along the top - that would absolutely awful - having a snake fall on me while I'm naked! I also can't sleep w/ my arm or hand hanging off the bed - I'm afraid a snake will slither up on me from the floor. I'm also afraid to get into the corners of closets... if I were a snake, that's where I'd hide.

Once I had a pile of clean laundry in the floor of our bedroom. The kids & I were getting ready for school, & DH was already at work - an hour away. I picked up a shirt from the pile of laundry, & 1/2 of a dead lizard fell at my feet. I. FREAKED. OUT. I called DH - crying - & asked if he would come get it. Of course, he couldn't leave a work to come pick up a DEAD lizard; plus, he was an hour away. He laughed at me. So I got our older DS to get bunches of toilet paper (I couldn't let him touch it w/ his bare hands!) to pick it up & throw it away - outside, all the way at the back of our yard. Then, bless his heart, he looked through the rest of the laundry trying to find the rest of the lizard. We never found it. I worried about coming across the other 1/2 for many weeks.

We've never had a snake in our house (thank the Lord!), but I can't go to the bathroom at night w/o turning on the light. I'm not scared of the dark - I'm afraid a snake will be curled up in the bottom of the toilet, so I have to check.
Thanks a lot, now I will think of this whenever I get up to go to the bathroom at night. I'm terrified of snakes but I never thought of one being in the toilet. One day there was a snake in my driveway so I wouldn't leave the house all day, everytime I looked outside it was still there. I didn't want to open the garage door because I was afraid it would slither into the garage. When DH got home he told me it was dead.

China Dolls.

It's their faces! I could never go to sleep if there was a china doll in the room... just thinking about the doll staring at me as I slept!

Snakes & lizards, but I'm okay w/ them if they're outside & I see them first. I have a fear of suddenly coming up on one or stepping on one.

I'm especially scared to death of finding either one in our house. We've never had a snake in our house (thank the Lord!), but I can't go to the bathroom at night w/o turning on the light. I'm not scared of the dark - I'm afraid a snake will be curled up in the bottom of the toilet, so I have to check. When I'm getting in the shower, I also check along the top of the shower to make sure there's not a snake lying along the top - that would absolutely awful - having a snake fall on me while I'm naked! I also can't sleep w/ my arm or hand hanging off the bed - I'm afraid a snake will slither up on me from the floor. I'm also afraid to get into the corners of closets... if I were a snake, that's where I'd hide.

Once I had a pile of clean laundry in the floor of our bedroom. The kids & I were getting ready for school, & DH was already at work - an hour away. I picked up a shirt from the pile of laundry, & 1/2 of a dead lizard fell at my feet. I. FREAKED. OUT. I called DH - crying - & asked if he would come get it. Of course, he couldn't leave a work to come pick up a DEAD lizard; plus, he was an hour away. He laughed at me. So I got our older DS to get bunches of toilet paper (I couldn't let him touch it w/ his bare hands!) to pick it up & throw it away - outside, all the way at the back of our yard. Then, bless his heart, he looked through the rest of the laundry trying to find the rest of the lizard. We never found it. I worried about coming across the other 1/2 for many weeks.

OH MY GOD now I have all new things to worry about.:eek: I never even THOUGHT about a snake in the shower. I could hurl just thinking about it.!:crazy2:

Thanks a lot, now I will think of this whenever I get up to go to the bathroom at night. I'm terrified of snakes but I never thought of one being in the toilet. One day there was a snake in my driveway so I wouldn't leave the house all day, everytime I looked outside it was still there. I didn't want to open the garage door because I was afraid it would slither into the garage. When DH got home he told me it was dead.

I wouldn't have left the house either. And how the heck did it just die in the driveway?:crazy2:

And I am a firm believer that snakes travel in herds...where there is one, there is many.

*SHIVER* bleh!!!

*shivers*
Lady bugs, frogs and rats, oh my!!

I have a really high pitched scream when it comes to all these things too...

I hate snakes!! I just about had a full on heart attack last mothers day. We were living just outside of DC and the hubs, kids and I went to Leesylvania State Park which is alongside the Potomac river. We decided to rent some canoes and explore the water a bit. My ds 15 and I got into our canoe and were trying to paddle away so dh and dd could load into their canoe when a bass boat came by and created some big waves that were pushing our canoe to shore. we were paralell to the shore and were pushed against these rock formation things and there was a HUGE snake curled up, he was closer than an arms length from me. I stood up in the canoe and started screaming and freaking out. I am surprised we didnt flip over. I was the only one who saw the snake at first and I don't know why but I couldnt get Snake out I was just shrieking. Everyone laughed at me. They didn't know why I was screaming, then when dh got into his canoe and came over to where we were I pointed the snake out. I tried to enjoy the day but we were only in that canoe about 15 more minutes and I had to get out. I was worried about the snake too much to have fun. I DO NOT LIKE SNAKES!!!!

Palmetto Bugs, the big roaches that fly. Only thing on God's green earth that can back me into a corner.

Wow, I can deal with snakes and things that creepy and crawlie all over.

My freak out is food textures. I can't explain it. I can be eating dinner or what have you and if I bite on something that shouldn't be there (a lettuce leaf in my meat that should be over on the salad bowl) I can literally lose all of my will to finish eating. I can't stand for my food to touch each other, too.

I need to build my own taco and make my own hamburger or I can't eat it. If someone says here, try this! And shoves food in my face to taste it, I can't unless I know what it is.

OH, and I can't watch the adventure TV shows where people scuba in underwater caves that has two inches of space all around the diver. I just know they will get stuck and then I will have nightmares about being stuck down there with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter