Do you ever use the full cooker?

Do you ever use the full cooker in 1BR?

• Yes

Votes: 70 85.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters
Yes - we use it. We regularly make cookies or brownies as a treat after a park day so we don't buy one on the way out of the park (that will save you $25-$30 a day right there). On days we are out of the parks fairly early (looking at you DAK) we'll cook a full meal - BIG savings if you can do that. I have breakfast every morning but that's usually a lot simpler - but, we also use the dishwasher, and the clothes washer, and the dryer, daily.

I would love to see the murphy beds instead of sleeper sofas, but leave the kitchens alone - please.

We have not used the oven or stove in the past. But, I expect to use the them in May of this year.

We are staying in a 2bedroom @ Boulder Ridge.

I have one picky grandson who right now will only eat a specific frozen pizza, red beans and rice from Popeyes and spicy chips (hot fries, jalapeño Cheetos, etc).

We will probably have eggs, pancakes, and bacon for breakfast a few times also. He will eat pancakes but prefers those Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls.

I know he does not eat healthy, but his pediatrician says as long as he takes his daily vitamin and eats something then he is just fine.

I find it strange that he actually likes Popeye's red beans and rice.....

We use it all the time. Come back in the afternoon for some pool time. Throw a frozen lasagna in the oven on a timer. head back to the park. Dinner is ready whenever you plan it for. I would never get rid of the full kitchen.

We don’t use it every trip but were certainly glad to have it when Hurricane Ian happened!

Agree with most of the above posts- we use the kitchen and would not want it replaced. Otherwise you have your basic hotel room setup- but its a timeshare- does not sound like a good deal.

Yes, we use it. Honestly even for two of us we don't like staying in studios for more than two nights because we prefer to cook in the room. Always do breakfast and often lunch and/or dinner. We tend to use our rooms a lot.

We are early risers so we make breakfast in the room most days. Usually eggs and bacon with fruit. We haven’t really made lunch or dinner in the room since I like to try new table service places. We do short trips though. If we had a kitchen on longer trips I would definitely make use of the kitchen for a few dinners.

On our last trip we had leftover breakfast stuff so we had breakfast for dinner on our last night. It was so nice not to have to leave the room since we were trying to relax before going to the Xmas party.

I use the stovetop every trip, most frequently to make breakfast. Scrambled eggs, omelettes, bacon...things that don't work well in microwaves (at least in my opinion). I also love it for reheating or cooking leftovers (again, microwaves turn too many leftovers into rubber, while the oven is great for things that are supposed to be crispy or firm). When I go solo trips, it's useful for ordering a full pizza, eating a few slices, and then being able to get two more meals out of it by tossing a few slices in after a park day.

Pretty unanimous so far, sorry for my North East UK accent confusing people, we call oven the cooker.
This post was after someone on another thread claimed a kitchen makes the room less deluxe?
I'm not sure about that but I don't think I need the full kitchen. It sure looks nice especially with all that space at OKW

Our standard procedure was always for DH to cook breakfast in the room while the rest of us got ready. It's still standard with only the two of us, but instead of getting ready, I wake up slowly with coffee. Being limited to the kitchenette is the main thing we dislike about studios.

We have never used the oven but like the full size kitchen for the cabinet space for breakfast cereal, snacks etc. And full size fridge is far better than mini fridge. There’s only 3 of us but always get a 1BR for the kitchen

Pretty unanimous so far, sorry for my North East UK accent confusing people, we call oven the cooker.
This post was after someone on another thread claimed a kitchen makes the room less deluxe?
I'm not sure about that but I don't think I need the full kitchen. It sure looks nice especially with all that space at OKW
I mean . . . isn't the full kitchen kind of the whole point of DVC multi-bed units? The kitchen and laundry is likely the #1 reason people book them. Otherwise, you could just book studios - or some of the more deluxe cash suites. The big draw of DVC is that you can save money by cooking your own meals instead of always having to eat out.

We would not have bought DVC if not for the kitchens and laundry. The stove / oven gets used all the time: baking frozen pizzas, cooking spaghetti, making brunch. etc. We plan to make a full Christmas dinner in ours on the next trip.

There would be full-on revolt if they got rid of the ovens.

I'm not sure what full cooker means, but pretty sure the answer is no, LOL.

I have a Mickey waffle maker in my owners locker and we microwave some bacon.

Salads, because I always need veggies at WDW. That's it.

I love having a full kitchen. I get tired of WDW food options quickly as although I'm not vegetarian and eat meat and fish, I find that most restaurants do not focus on vegetable selections.

My diet or eating habits, consist of a small portion of protein and a larger selection of vegetables, with as many as three portions. Salad is also an option but it gets boring faster then great veggies.

Then there is breakfast, which I eat in room no matter what size of unit.

So, even though I mostly use studios when it's just me or even me and 1 more person, I still would want a kitchen available for my trips. If I had unlimited points I'd have a kitchen every time.

Another point to make is that kitchens are social centers, even though there's minor space to actually be 'in' the kitchen with multiple people, the DVC kitchens sightlines are open to the living/dining area.

Yes we use the full kitchen! We have food allergies and even though Disney is great, we like to make some of our own meals to get a break from always requesting special food preparation. We make most breakfast in the room daily along with some lunches and dinners. Before we had our dvc we stayed in offsite rentals so we could have a kitchen and laundry! Even if it’s just 2 of us we get a 1 bedroom for the kitchen. If anything I wish our home resort (Boardwalk) had bigger kitchens. If they needed to get rid of something I’d vote for huge tub area. I feel like that is wasted space as we never use the tub. I kind of feel like most people don’t, but maybe families with small children do.

We use the kitchen almost every day. And you definitely shouldn't reduce it, since that was the reason a lot of people bought. I'm not sure that they COULD make significant changes, since we bought under the terms of having a kitchen.

Like others, we use the range top more often than the oven (eggs or pancakes in the morning, but I'll bake brownies to bring as snacks during the day), and use the whole kitchen more often when at HHI or Aulani than at Disney World (at Aulani we used the kitchen for the vast majority of meals - and used the oven a lot). But we do use it all at WDW.

I really like the larger kitchen in the Grand Villas....

And we do NOT need more sleeping surfaces in DVC units. Need more sleeping space, book bigger units.

Never used it. Hardly use the microwave either. The fridge gets filled with beverages, our Brita pitcher and 1/2 and 1/2 (and my personal kryptonite: Entenmann’s chocolate donuts). The coffee maker gets used non-stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter