Do you do laundry on vacation?

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
We leave on the 22nd of August (8 more days :cheer2: ) and drive to Jacksonville for a night and then head to WDW for 10 nights. Then return home on 9/3. Im thinking of just doing laundry on night 5 or 6. Anyone else do laundry? Or do you just pack your life away? Any laundry tips so it doesn't feel like ur spending vacation with chores?

We've always done laundry once on each trip...but now that we stay in DVC villas with a washer & dryer in the room I do it far more frequently!! I love going home with all clean clothes in my suitcases :)

I usually do one morning of laundry in the middle of our vacation, no matter where we go. Everywhere we have stayed has had multiple washers/dryers lined up laundromat style. I'm an early bird, so I just go at like 6 am before everyone else is awake, do 3 loads at once (lights, darks, whites). Takes about 1-1.5 hrs total. Not a big inconvenience, and keeps us from packing the whole dang closet. Plus it keeps stains from setting in before we get home!

I try to take things that will mix and match so that it doesn't look we are wearing the same thing over and over.

We do laundry at least once so we can pack lighter (and we still overpack!). If our schedule allows the last day, we will do another load so we can come home with clean clothes.

So that it does not seem like a chore, we will throw in the wash (usually using 2-3 washers) then have pool time or walk around the resort, pick up last minute souvenirs in the resort shop or grab some breakfast or lunch.

Our Sept Trip will be the first time we try to do only carry-on bags. Not sure yet if we can scale it back that much but my daughter highly recommends it for easier travel!

We leave on the 22nd of August (8 more days :cheer2: ) and drive to Jacksonville for a night and then head to WDW for 10 nights. Then return home on 9/3. Im thinking of just doing laundry on night 5 or 6. Anyone else do laundry? Or do you just pack your life away? Any laundry tips so it doesn't feel like ur spending vacation with chores?

On a 10 day trip, I definitely do laundry. I don't want to carry that much stuff with me X 4 people. I usually do laundry on a night when we are hanging out at the pool. I pop in and out the laundry room at the hotel while we swim (well, while they all swim, I don't - I sit and read).

We usually do laundry once during our trip. We take our laundry to the laundry room when we are at the pool during a break from the parks. It only takes an hour or two. We stay at the CSR and the laundry room is right next to the quiet pool. Just remember to bring quarters. It's like $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry. My wife usually brings somekind of detergent bcause she hand washes some things in the room.

Because we usually stay 10 days I always end up doing laundry about 7 days in. It's 4 of us and packing enough clothing for 10 days would be a nightmare with a 3 and 7 year old who sometimes change twice in one day.

We always do laundry. We pack for half the trip and wash midway. Makes for much lighter packing. We are usually in a DVC room with washer and dryer so that makes it easier.

Never. We travel a lot (mostly to visit family), so I am a pro at packing. At Christmas, we are sometimes gone for almost two weeks with heavier clothes packed, so a 10 day Disney trip with shorts and tees for 4 of us is easy peasy.

Usually we don't, but we have done laundry on occasion when necessary. Mostly if we are gone more than a week (because we would only pack a week's worth of clothing).

We often do laundry. Being DVC we often have a washer/dryer in the room which makes it easy. I don't like bringing dirty laundry home if I can avoid it.

If we do not have a washer/dryer I schedule a laundry/pool morning. Kids swim, DH watches them and I deal with the laundry. My favorite resorts for those situations are AKL, BC & AofA. Those are the ones I know of with the laundry relatively near the pool. I am sure there are others. Yes it means doing laundry, but having a relaxing morning at the pool makes the laundry part not seem so bad :goodvibes

We've only done laundry once on the 14 day Panama Canal cruise. I go through way too many clothes to pack for that long. We brought a pop-up laundry bag for the closet and brought Purex sheets so we didn't have to worry about liquids. Worked great.

Never. We travel a lot (mostly to visit family), so I am a pro at packing. At Christmas, we are sometimes gone for almost two weeks with heavier clothes packed, so a 10 day Disney trip with shorts and tees for 4 of us is easy peasy.

I don't have 12 pairs of underwear :laughing:

I don't have 12 pairs of underwear :laughing:

:rotfl:

If we stay longer than 5 days I always do a few loads of laundry. I don't like re wearing clothes (especially in the HOT summer months), and I also don't like taking my entire wardrobe. I too wake up early and go first thing in the morning.

I make it a point *not* to do laundry on vacation but I had no choice last trip. DD5 (then 3) picked up a stomach bug and barfed all over DH at DTD. We cleaned her and him up as best we could and took the boat back to POR. When I got to the laundry facilities, I discovered every single machine was being used by one couple. I had to wait a while to use a washer and by the time my small load was done, that same couple had taken up all but one dryer with their stuff. When I put my money into that last dryer and nothing happened, the woman in the couple said, "Oh, it doesn't work. It just eats your money." She might have told me that before I put my money in, but whatever. I took my wet stuff back to the room to hang up and it was mostly dry by morning. And this is why I don't do laundry on vacation.

I started to. This way I can pack less and just do laundry while it's nap/quiet time for the family. My husband and I don't have enough clothes and in September when we've been going, it's so hot I like being able to change at least once per day. I find it isn't so bad. Have done it now at swan/dolphin and boardwalk. It was easy both times.

I bring a ziploc of quarters and a ziploc of dryer sheets. I also grab all free and clear detergent samples from the pediatrician's office throughout the year and travel with those.

I really didn't find it much trouble even on shorter trips. It's just so hot in September for is northern folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter