Do you carry a park bag as a solo traveler?

I always bring a bag. If I'm doing open to close then I'll do a locker rental so I don't have to carry everything all day. I like to be prepared so I carry: Fan, advil, electrolyte replacement tablets, cooling rag, water bottle, camera, extra battery for phone, gum or mints. My bag is usually pretty empty but I like having a bag big enough that I can put my headband ears in them for rides so that I only have to worry about grabbing my bag when I get on and off rides. I usually have a regular size backpack but trying to go to a small crossbody backpack - I bought this one. So far it's been comfy when I've done tester trips to the mall and museums. I like that I can swirl it to the front to open get things in and out without having to take it off. https://kavu.com/collections/view-all-bags/products/paxton-pack?variant=12113503092807
Thank you for showing that bag. I will look for one over here in the UK. Solves a lot of problems I have with traditional backpacks.

Sometimes I'll carry a bag. Only if I'm carrying my Sony camera, a small tripod, notebook and pen(s). Most of the time I'm just fine with a wallet, money clip and my car keys so I don't need a bag. I have two Fuel Rods, so I don't even have to carry a phone battery. I just swap them out.

I carry a sling bag with some basics, but also a few particular items I prefer.

Basics: lip balm, portable battery brick, USB-C cord, poncho, small umbrella, hand wipes, silicone straws (these are so cool, got them on Amazon -Snapstraw), small bandages and a case for my glasses.

Particular: Witch hazel wipes, waterproof shoe covers, silica gel packets (keeps the moisture to a minimum), fiber wafers (over 40, fiber is your friend), small microfiber towel (wipe down the seat on Pirates and Splash Mountain) & a chill pall on rather hot days.

I used to teach elementary school, so I pack like I'm going on a field trip. :-)

I have changed my plan for this trip. I am no longer taking my big DSLR camera and just taking a little point and shoot. I have a smaller Vera Bradley backpack that I can carry everything in. Since I am going during hot times with afternoon showers, I will be taking a chill towel and a small fan. I will also have my sunscreen, lip balm, and of course...rain ponchos...LOL!!

I just didn't want to take my heavy camera and camera bag.

My Disney bag (small backpack) has:

Umbrella
Cardigan
Phone
Portable Charge
Money/Credit Card
Poncho
Ziplock bags

My Universal Bag (fanny pack type) has:
Phone
Portable charger
Money/Credit Card

I use my Herschel fanny pack (or you can also wear it has a sling backpack) to the parks. Backpacks are too big and hot for my preference, so I tend to pack light. I normally always carry my phone, slim thread wallet, sunscreen, chap-stick, band-aids, bug spray wipes, and sunglasses. I'll sometimes throw in my phone chord and charging block if I feel like I'll run out of battery before the end of the night.

My friend used to carry a backpack, but I've since converted her to the fanny pack life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter