Do you Believe?

So I debated whether to mention this or not, but I am curious about everyone's thoughts on it. Years ago, my mom and I were on the walking path up the mountain at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park outside of Atlanta. It was late in the afternoon, so the sun was fairly low in the sky. Suddenly we both clearly saw "something" in the opposite direction from the city skyline. It was golden colored and octagonal in shape, and it was just hovering in the sky, didn't really seem to be moving.

Our first thought was that it was sunlight reflecting off of something. But like I said, it was the opposite direction from the city. We located the sun, and it didn't seem to be at any sort of angle that could have reflected off anything in the direction of the object. We ran through all sorts of explanations and none of them fit.

And to make it even more interesting, we did some research afterwards. And apparently at some point 20 or 30 years before that, President Carter had seen the exact same thing, from the exact same place. He never figured it out either.

Any ideas?
Great hiking spot with spectacular views of the city. I believe you could have seen something unknown, no reason to not believe you. And you also were not far from Dobbins Air Force Base, also home to multiple military groups and Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Perhaps it was some secret military vessel? Or perhaps visitors checking out the military/Lockheed secrets? 🛸

So I debated whether to mention this or not, but I am curious about everyone's thoughts on it. Years ago, my mom and I were on the walking path up the mountain at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park outside of Atlanta. It was late in the afternoon, so the sun was fairly low in the sky. Suddenly we both clearly saw "something" in the opposite direction from the city skyline. It was golden colored and octagonal in shape, and it was just hovering in the sky, didn't really seem to be moving.

Our first thought was that it was sunlight reflecting off of something. But like I said, it was the opposite direction from the city. We located the sun, and it didn't seem to be at any sort of angle that could have reflected off anything in the direction of the object. We ran through all sorts of explanations and none of them fit.

And to make it even more interesting, we did some research afterwards. And apparently at some point 20 or 30 years before that, President Carter had seen the exact same thing, from the exact same place. He never figured it out either.

Any ideas?

No ideas at all. I have no ideas what you actually saw other than it was an Unidentified Flying Object. Their presence is well documented. One of the more curiouser ones for me was a group of school children all saw a cylindrical object on a school outing. The teacher ushered them all back into class and got them all to draw what they saw; every child drew the exact same object, which appeared as suddenly as it went on to disappear.

Weird.

Aliens? Yes.

Visiting us? probably not

In one way I feel like it would be extremely difficult for aliens if they are out there, to visit us, on the other hand we only reached space ~70 years ago....in the VAST grand scheme of things that's an incredibly short time. My father is has been around for longer than that. Also, we've physically visited 0 planets, just our own moon, but we have traveled....just past our own solar system.

While on this topic, might be good to post this...quite possibly my favorite video in all of youtube

Even if they're completely benevolent and want to give us something to help us such as a clean source of a lot of energy, we'd probably turn it into a bomb and blow each other up with it.
Or all the armed reactionaries would panic and shoot the saucers, and the bullets would bounce off and ricochet back at everyone.

Or all the armed reactionaries would panic and shoot the saucers, and the bullets would bounce off and ricochet back at everyone.
The aliens are giving us a source that will provide power for everyone. OOOO isn't that green light in there pretty? Let's shoot it. BOOOOOOM. The alien ship blows up and takes out the entire state of Texas with it and starts an interstellar war.

Many flying objects are often mistaken for something else or can't be easily identified. The military, for example, has to flight test new/advanced aircraft somewhere and it is likely people who see these assume they are UFO's. The military isn't going to confirm the existance of new/advanced aircraft for obvious reasons. Stealth technology was under development for a long time before it was officially revealed to the public. Just because someone sees something in the sky THEY can't easily identify doesn't prove UFO's exist. Every UFO someone can't easily identify doesn't mean they are operated by aliens from some other galaxy.

I'm not sure I follow how religion and the possible existence of aliens has anything to do with each other.

I am a Christian with very conservative values. I'm not sure what the two subjects have to do with one another????

I don't believe in aliens, but I do believe our governments and media have the ability to make the population believe in aliens. Then you ask you have to ask yourself why? There's always an agenda.

The idea of extraterrestrials was not just the work of governments and the media. It's been around for ages. Ancient civilizations even believed in beings from the sky, in one form or another. When they couldn't come up with an explanation for something, then it had to be the work of a "doodad from above".
"Why does fire do that? What's up with magnets?"
"Doodads, dude."

That said, we can speculate all day. On one planet, aliens could be uneventful single-cell organisms. Others might be so superior that they see us as no better than those same single-cell organisms. Worse, they may be a bunch of annoying tourists that come to Earth to buy up Crocs and leave the place looking like Six Flags Magic Mountain.

The idea of extraterrestrials was not just the work of governments and the media. It's been around for ages. Ancient civilizations even believed in beings from the sky, in one form or another. When they couldn't come up with an explanation for something, then it had to be the work of a "doodad from above".
"Why does fire do that? What's up with magnets?"
"Doodads, dude."

That said, we can speculate all day. On one planet, aliens could be uneventful single-cell organisms. Others might be so superior that they see us as no better than those same single-cell organisms. Worse, they may be a bunch of annoying tourists that come to Earth to buy up Crocs and leave the place looking like Six Flags Magic Mountain.
People still believe in a "being from the sky" so IDK why some have a hard time thinking aliens are possible.

I think there are aliens out there somewhere, just not here. If aliens came to earth, their technology would exceed ours and we'd be toast. They'd either subjugate us and use Earth's resources, or they'd just eat us. Or we'd catch some disease from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter