Do we need Fantasmic Dinner Package in Feb?

travelbel

Mouseketeer
Anyone know if we really need the Fantasmic Dinner Package in February during the off-season (early Feb)? We would really rather use our TS credit at another restaurant, but with small children we don't want to have to wait in line for a long period to see the show without the reserved seating.

Should we be able to get seats to the show without the package?

Almost certainly you will get seats. It's just a matter of how long the line might be and if you want to be up front (which I don't put much value on).

I don't think you'll have any problem, but it would help to know what night you're thinking about.

We are going at a relatively slow time and I still did the package. For me, it wasn't about whether or not I could get a seat. It was more about how long I would have to wait in line to get that seat.

Since they have gone to Fantasmic! only being shown on a few nights a week, even at less crowded times, a lot of people are fitting it in on those nights as opposed to when it was every night of the week...so I think it is naturally more crowded than it used to be. We have gone with the package the last few times (even though we prefer the center section of the seating) just becasue you never know...

We are going at a relatively slow time and I still did the package. For me, it wasn't about whether or not I could get a seat. It was more about how long I would have to wait in line to get that seat.

We did the same thing. DD2 isn't the most patient princess at the party and we went and waited in May. We didn't have any problems getting in or getting good seats (arriving about 60 minutes before the show) but our princess waited enough after 40 minutes or so. We're hoping for better luck this time!!! And we love the show!

IMO I think it's worth it. We went in September and made sure to get it as we did not want to be stuck waiting forever or with a bad location (standing room only). We had our 12 month old so we wanted to make sure we had a place to sit. It worked out perfect and I promised myself I would never do Fantasmic again without it (unless they decide to have Fantasmic every night again :-) )

We were trying to get a package for last Sunday, with no luck, and the when I checked into OKW, I asked the concierge to look, and she suggested that we try for the later show, which was at 8. She said that it doesn't usually fill up as quickly as the early (6:30) show, and that they don't let people in as fast. It worked out great for us. There was what seemed to be a huge line when we got into it around 7:15, and then by the time they started to let people in and we worked our way up to the seats, it was about 7:50 so we didn't have a long wait at all. I loved doing it this way, and our DS didn't have to wait an insane time either. He also made friends with the little boy who was waiting in front of us LOL, and they entertained each other in line!

Thanks! I think we will try and book it - we're going to base which day we got to DHS based on availability of the package! I appreciate the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter