Do they actually release more fastpasses?

mrd7896

Mouseketeer
Does Disney actually release more fast pass slots in waves? Is there any rhyme or reason to it? Anyone able to track things or is it completely random?

I've been going crazy logging into my account and looking to see if any more slots have been released..but from what i see they haven't (or i'm just missing the boat)

I go in about 2+ weeks and was hoping to flip my DHS FP+ around a bit.

I’m not completely sure, but I have heard a rumor that they release more Fastpasses at 10:37 AM the day of for popular rides like FOP.

There has been a lot of talk and rumor that they do at certain intervals, but I personally haven't seen any evidence or hard information to indicate they do. You can likely change a lot of stuff around for your FP+ the day before or the day of, that's when you'll really benefit. That's when people will start editing and changing their plan, which opens up more slots for you to choose from. That's where the "refresh" method comes into play.

The 10:37 thing that the previous poster seems awfully arbitrary...

When park hours are extended, then more FP's are added in the extended hour time slots.

Does Disney actually release more fast pass slots in waves? Is there any rhyme or reason to it? Anyone able to track things or is it completely random?

I've been going crazy logging into my account and looking to see if any more slots have been released..but from what i see they haven't (or i'm just missing the boat)

Generally, no. You may have better luck within 24 hours of your park day.

They do for certain rides, at certain timed intervals day of. I wasn't a believer until I actually saw it.

Yes. Some FP are released day-of for AK, EP, and HS.

But they disappear almost immediately.

They release more when hours are extended at parks and they also do same day drops. You can usually find SDD if you log in at the right time around 9:30 am. I personally got a same day SDD in January using this method directly after getting off from a 9 am FP. Got off, checked around 9:30, found one and literally got right back on. Saucers and TSM also had times added along with SDD but you need to be quick and I’m pretty sure it’s based on park attendance. I found it almost right at 9:30 but I’ve seen people report different times from 9:30-9:40 for HS. I’ve never experienced it for AK but from what I’ve read they do the same thing there sometimes. Also from what I hear you need to be checking the same minute they’re released, they go FAST!

Want to make finding FPs easier? Use https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236 ... very convenient way of checking FP availability.

Yeah, the info I've seen being discussed on TP is about same day availability, not two weeks out.

I was refreshing just at the correct times and went from having no availability to having a party of 4/5 available for FoP and TSMM (had already done SDD that day). I guess they both could have been a fluke but it seems unlikely to me. I only tried to use the suggested times twice and had a 100% success rate, so I'm a believer.

Yeah, the info I've seen being discussed on TP is about same day availability, not two weeks out.

I was refreshing just at the correct times and went from having no availability to having a party of 4/5 available for FoP and TSMM (had already done SDD that day). I guess they both could have been a fluke but it seems unlikely to me. I only tried to use the suggested times twice and had a 100% success rate, so I'm a believer.

If it’s a same day drop you’ll see multiple FP times for multiple rides all appear at once, unless you see the very last one which is unlikely.

Last edited:
After our last trip, I am a believer. If you search touring plans or Kenny the Pirate, you can find threads with parks, rides and drop times. For us, it was very accurate. I suspect, they probably will change the times that the FPs drop. It was amazing to suddenly see FPs for popular rides available and then gone in 2 minutes or less.

They release more when hours are extended at parks and they also do same day drops. You can usually find SDD if you log in at the right time around 9:30 am. I personally got a same day SDD in January using this method directly after getting off from a 9 am FP. Got off, checked around 9:30, found one and literally got right back on. Saucers and TSM also had times added along with SDD but you need to be quick and I’m pretty sure it’s based on park attendance. I found it almost right at 9:30 but I’ve seen people report different times from 9:30-9:40 for HS. I’ve never experienced it for AK but from what I’ve read they do the same thing there sometimes. Also from what I hear you need to be checking the same minute they’re released, they go FAST!

Want to make finding FPs easier? Use https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236 ... very convenient way of checking FP availability.
Just curious how you did this with the tiers? How could you add another tier 1 FP before using two tier 2 FPs?

Make sure to check AM or PM for a same day FP. Two weeks ago I decided to go to MK and cancelled my FP for Epcot. That morning I was so excited to get a 10:10 FP for Peter Pan the same day. Did the other 2 FP I had as MK opened at 8am. Got in line for Peter Pan and the FP line was way out the door. I finally made my way to the tap spot and tapped my Magic Band. CM at the podium asked who is (my name) I said me, she chuckled and said I was 12 hours to early that my FP was for 10:10pm. I quickly got out of line and cancelled that FP. I'm sure everyone in the FP line along with the 2 CM's at the podium got quite a laugh about that.

Just curious how you did this with the tiers? How could you add another tier 1 FP before using two tier 2 FPs?

Wow you’re absolutely right, there’s no way it could have been 9:30! I remember getting it right after SDD, which was my third FP, so it must have been closer to 11:30. People typically say drops for SDD happen around 9:30 so maybe that’s why I thought it was then? Anyway I do remember seeing multiple times for SDD, TSM, and Saucers all come up at the same time!

Last year, many additional FOP drops occurred in mid to late July for the last week in August. There was not a change in park hours of events. You can find more about it by searching in this sub forum.

Wow you’re absolutely right, there’s no way it could have been 9:30! I remember getting it right after SDD, which was my third FP, so it must have been closer to 11:30. People typically say drops for SDD happen around 9:30 so maybe that’s why I thought it was then? Anyway I do remember seeing multiple times for SDD, TSM, and Saucers all come up at the same time!
Thanks! I thought maybe you had some inside secret to skip the tier 2s! Thanks for the response.

As others have said, certain headliners drop fp day of, every day, multiple times, and they are all gone in minutes. As far as you trying to rearrange your upcoming fp, it never hurts to check, but the closer you get to the fp day the more people will be changing their plans. I wouldn’t spend too much time on it til the night before.

Not sure, but I was just at the park yesterday by myself, and after I finished up at Magic Kingdom I had some time to kill, so I went over to AK. Kept refreshing just see if FOP came up, nothing for about a hour, went on Everest, kept trying, then around 3pm all of a sudden 3 times popped up for FOP, was able to snag one for 4pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!