Do the snack carts accept Disney or Visa gift cards?

JodyLynC

DIS Veteran
Our school's band trip will be going to WDW in April. Some of the kids are planning on using Disney gift cards or Visa gift cards instead of taking cash. Do the snack carts accept gift cards?

Most do. There may be some that wouldn’t but I doubt it. We never use cash the world if we don’t have to.

Yes and at least on the Disney gift cards it will show you the balance remaining on the receipt. I haven't tried using a Visa GC that I haven't used 100% of so I'm not sure what prints on the receipt when you use one of those.

We’ve always been able to use our disney gift cards at snack carts. Make sure you have a backup though because sometimes the machines don’t cooperate and they do cash only

I would suggest that a grownup bring cash as a backup since sometimes the card reading machines go down. But assuming everything is working correctly, they definitely take gift cards.

We’ve always been able to use our disney gift cards at snack carts. Make sure you have a backup though because sometimes the machines don’t cooperate and they do cash only

This is a good idea as we had a cart I was getting some popcorn and a drink that did not take anything but cash, it was in the AK just outside of Bugs life. Not sure what the deal was but CM was a bit difficult to understand, so we ended up paying cash, the only time I had to use cash at WDW.....

Have had the card reader not working several times. A couple times at Food & Wine, they could sell for cash only. But that is not usually the case, and whatever the issue is, it is usually working again in a couple hours, or they close the cart.
If the kids don't have cash, they can go to another cart, or a quick-serve.

I always get the kids Disney gift cards at the beginning of of a DW visit it gives them freedom to spend and they have to learn to budget. Plus, you enter them in the website and you can keep track of the spending.

If you're there in April and the Garden fest is on I would get the gift cards at Epcot. They are real keepsakes and the have a wristband.

An added bonus it makes it super easy to eat your way around Epcot because the gift cards scan faster than debit/credit and you will physically age waiting for change.

This is a super pro tip that will probably save you a good 105 seconds over the day!!

I always get the kids Disney gift cards at the beginning of of a DW visit it gives them freedom to spend and they have to learn to budget. Plus, you enter them in the website and you can keep track of the spending.

If you're there in April and the Garden fest is on I would get the gift cards at Epcot. They are real keepsakes and the have a wristband.

An added bonus it makes it super easy to eat your way around Epcot because the gift cards scan faster than debit/credit and you will physically age waiting for change.

This is a super pro tip that will probably save you a good 105 seconds over the day!!
Dh got one of the wristband gift cards at food and wine last year and it fell off his wrist without him knowing. Luckily we had other cards online to switch the amount to but I wouldn’t rely heavily on them. They aren’t a very safe option

You were lucky to have registered the card prior to losing it!
We keep 3 empty cards on the Disney gift cards and carry at least one with us just in case we ever lose one. We did enter that new one on the website too before he lost it

I register all the cards before I give them to the wife and kids as well. I like to keep track of the spending. I have yet to lose a card but I'm prepared if I do!

I've never encountered any "pay area" on Disney property that didn't take credit card, or resort wrist band (possibly tied to your card). Including small "snack" stands. The only cash I've ever had to carry on a Disney trip was a few dollar bills here or there as a tip (like the magical express driver, or a luggage porter)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter