Do the math, I did!

Hi Lollipopmom. Thanks so much that explains it all to me. Sounds like it works best on a deluxe resort to get the max savings. I used to belong to disneyclub, and loved that, then the disney visa came about but canadians cannot take advantage of it.

I really appreciate you going into depth to explain the ap.

Yours,

Deb.

Hmmm just a little fun into the mix
With the extra trips your going to make with that ap tix are u realy saving money :cool1:

jazznms said:
Hmmm just a little fun into the mix
With the extra trips your going to make with that ap tix are u realy saving money :cool1:

LOL!! Unfortunately yes, we can only go on one big trip per year and we only do WDW every other year. I wouldn't be interested in driving down that far so we have 4 round trip airfares to consider. But I get your drift! :teeth:

The math is a little more involved if you plan on making 2 trips within a year. Going with current AP of 100 off and 2 adults and 1 child.

Option 1: AAA no AP (8days / 7 nights)

Poly Garden (Oct) $2000
3 MYW Prem ******816
Total ***********2816 x 2 trips = 5632

Option 2: 1 AP and 2 MYW

Poly Garden (Oct) $1659***1659
1 PAP***********548
2 MYW Prem******531****531
Total***********2738***2190 = 4928

Option 3: 3 AP

Poly Garden (Oct) $1659***1659
3 PAP**********1563
Total* *********3222***1659 = 4881

As you can see options 2 & 3 are about the same, however, the prices for each trip are diff.

Of course, staying at a value resort changes everything.

VICB - thanks for this thread, and Lollipopmom, thanks for your input as an agent.

We have been going to WDW every two years for awhile now and have not used APs. However, after reading this thread, I'm thinking about getting an AP because we'd like to stay at a deluxe for our next visit (either AKL, Poly or Contemporary) and the cost savings seem to be amazing. We used the MYW dining plan two weeks ago on our last trip and we loved it - I would hope the DDE card would be as good a savings if we went the AP route.

I am not an accountant or an AP expert, so if anyone can tell me what pages or sites can help me research APs and do a cost comparison, that would be great.

Thanks!

I found reading thru all the info on the mousesavers.com website very helpful.

But remember if a general public code for "room only" comes out you can do that too. The savings will be close to an AP code. But yes there is the dining discount to factor in too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter