Do Social Media Infuencers Cruise for Free?

I don’t believe the Trackers were on this cruise. They haven’t posted about it. Pretty sure they’ve paid for all their recent cruises, too.

I’m pretty sure Adam paid for his recent cruises, too. He noted that he was able to afford concierge because of the 125% credit. He’s very good about noting when he was invited by Disney.
Can you all recommend some blogs to read orfollow about the Wish?

Can you all recommend some blogs to read orfollow about the Wish?
Scott Sanders (Disneycruiselineblog) is usually fair. I know Amy Ratcliffe from Nerdist and trust her coverage. I don’t follow them, but Disney Food Blog has a lot of coverage. DCL Magazine on Instagram has started doing daily updates.

I think only Timtracker got invited, as his audience is one of the biggest with an audience they want to attract. People who already love Disney and need to make the switch to the cruise.

All other Disney vloggers will probably pay. As they will want to show the new things anyway. I don't think Tim had cruised before he got invited for the first time.

The only other that might get invited is Adam Hattan, if they want to attract the UK audience. But while I love his videos, they are not for everyone due to their length and style. Are there British vloggers who do daily updates on DCL and WDW?

Non-Disney vloggers probably get invited if Disney thinks their audience is interested in a Disney cruise.

I don't think Disney will invite (many) cruise vloggers, as they and their audience know they can get a better price for a cruise elsewhere and they are not that into Disney to pay for the brand. When you look at cruise vloggers going on a Disney cruise, because they want to inform their audience about all the different cruiselines, there is often the discussion 'Is it worth it'.
Trackers were not invited.

Sorry, I was unclear, I meant Tim got invited for his first cruise, a few years ago. My remarks were who in general would get invited for these kind of occasions.

Sorry, I was unclear, I meant Tim got invited for his first cruise, a few years ago. My remarks were who in general would get invited for these kind of occasions.
I thought I remember reading that Tim got into some hot water with Disney a few years back.

A lot of the YT bloggers have had some drama or can be controversial - at least for some people.

I am watching back Emma Cruises last livestream, she was invited to the Disney Wish, but she had a conflicting cruise.
I am not surprised she got an invite as her channel grew a lot over the last few years and I really like her personality. She has a lot of knowledge on cruising, has a younger cruise audience and she sails a lot of different cruise lines.

My guess, the reason for Disney to invite her: She did her first Disney cruise last Summer, which was a staycation cruise in the UK. She thought it was okay. She is not a huge Disney fan. She would recommend DCL to people who love Disney and not necessarily anyone else, and that it's not worth the premium price. However, she is a budget cruiser and did a covid-proof cruise on the oldest ship. Based on her experience, she would not sail Disney again. If Disney want to attract more non-Disney cruiselovers, they need people like Emma to promote them.

I am watching back Emma Cruises last livestream, she was invited to the Disney Wish, but she had a conflicting cruise.
I am not surprised she got an invite as her channel grew a lot over the last few years and I really like her personality. She has a lot of knowledge on cruising, has a younger cruise audience and she sails a lot of different cruise lines.

My guess, the reason for Disney to invite her: She did her first Disney cruise last Summer, which was a staycation cruise in the UK. She thought it was okay. She is not a huge Disney fan. She would recommend DCL to people who love Disney and not necessarily anyone else, and that it's not worth the premium price. However, she is a budget cruiser and did a covid-proof cruise on the oldest ship. Based on her experience, she would not sail Disney again. If Disney want to attract more non-Disney cruiselovers, they need people like Emma to promote them.
If she wasn't in love with the Disney Magic, then I'm sure she would have similar sentiments about the Wish. The older ships have more subtle touches with the Wish being more - for a lack of a better term - in your face with the Disney elements. To me, the Wish was made for the true Disney fanatics because of all the IPs. Neither style is good or bad, but just an observation.

If she wasn't in love with the Disney Magic, then I'm sure she would have similar sentiments about the Wish. The older ships have more subtle touches with the Wish being more - for a lack of a better term - in your face with the Disney elements. To me, the Wish was made for the true Disney fanatics because of all the IPs. Neither style is good or bad, but just an observation.
Yes, from Emma's pov I fully understand preferring another cruise over a media preview cruise or a gifted cruise on the inaugural (she wasn't specific on what she was invited for).

From Disney, I can imagine they tried to persuade her. She didn't have a proper DCL cruise experience due to it being a 3 day cruise to nowhere from Britain with covid measures. They probably thought: maybe when she sees the new ship, going to CC, with less measures, she will like us better.

She wasn't negative in her review of the Magic, but she was very clear 'I am not their target audience and I won't be sailing them again anytime soon'.

Paid promotion or not, YouTube reviewers get ad revenue every time someone watches the video. That's why so many have click-bate titles like, "Never cruise DCL!".

-Paul

Paid promotion or not, YouTube reviewers get ad revenue every time someone watches the video. That's why so many have click-bate titles like, "Never cruise DCL!".

-Paul

True. To add:
Before youtubers can start monetizing their channel, they need 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watched hours in the past year. Then they can apply for the Youtube partner program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts