Do certain Travel Agents get priority dining reservations?

PinkPixel

DIS Veteran
I was looking at a Disney travel agent after someone I know raved about their vacation and tagged their agent on social media. I was always plan my own, anyway...this travel agent offers a $300 'VIP vacation planning package" that advertises getting you all your most wanted ADRS. That seems like a big promise, how do they do that?

Last edited:
It seems to me that WDW could easily put an end to this. I don’t understand why this hasn’t been implemented.

So TA are making dummy +10 reservations and booking hard to get ADRs and somehow transferring them to their clients and canceling the dummy bookings? Or am I reading between the wrong lines?

LOL - I heard from a friend who knows a travel agent, that they "get" Dining Ressies to give out to clients as a perk. It's hearsay, so I could be wrong. But that would explain a lot!

And how would they know the exact time, restaurant, and party size to provide? Sounds like someone blowing hot air to me.
Which is why I think the entire process is bull and not being done
It's impossible to guess what a given party will need/want prior to said party booking their trip.
What the OP is saying some TA is offering really isn't all that impossible though.
Anyone can get their most wanted ADR with enough persistence. They don't say you get it on day 1. But by the time your trip comes along, I'd venture to guess they can. And there's likely lots of fine print in that guarantee to cover them in cases where someone books a trip 1 day out

I think what it means is that the TA is willing to spend the time to watch for available reservations like a hawk, to be signed up for one of the notification services to find out if one opens, and being available to log in immediately to try to snag it. It gives them a one-up in that the average person can't be that vigilant. Heck, I'd pay for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter