• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do any restaurants still do "Birthday person eat free"

Was this reply really necessary? OP stated she was sending DS (who is just turning 18) and his girlfriend to dinner...hence OP is paying for her child and his friend. I have a job but I would be P.O.'d if I was told I was being a deadbeat that didn't want to pay for my own birthday dinner.

Why would you be upset about giving yourself something you really want, but your parents can't afford?

Flame me if you want, but the OP has had one sad story after another here. Things are tough for a lot of people. But this is not the first "poor me" post by the OP nor do I think it will be the last. .

And it has worked quite well in the past as they have received many gifts from generous DISers. It is getting quite old.

Am I the only person who would rather have a home-cooked meal (that I don't have to make) for my birthday? It would mean so much more to me if my family went through the effort to plan and execute a small, intimate birthday dinner at home. It says so much more than "Hey, Mom, we're going to Denny's for your birthday! You get to eat for free! We'll just order coffee." :rotfl:

:thumbsup2
Especially since the places who give a freebie aren't exactly Fine Dining places-are they?;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter