Do any restaurants still do "Birthday person eat free"

momxx5

DIS Veteran
I remember back yrs ago (telling my age) that some restaurants give meal free to the birthday person.
I believe Chilis, Applebees, TG Fridays, etc.

So, does anyone still do it???

We have not been out to eat in an extremely long time, its DS 18th birthday and I was hoping to send him and his girlfriend out to eat.

Plan B......baked zitti and cake here.

Thanks in advance.

this is a good LIST
Although some of them require signing up for emails and if it's his birthday today, they probably won't sent him anything.

I remember back yrs ago (telling my age) that some restaurants give meal free to the birthday person.
I believe Chilis, Applebees, TG Fridays, etc.

So, does anyone still do it???

We have not been out to eat in an extremely long time, its DS 18th birthday and I was hoping to send him and his girlfriend out to eat.

Plan B......baked zitti and cake here.

Thanks in advance.

I don't remember this happening for years. The last time I remember this being an option was at Chili's but that was 15ish years ago.
Edit: If they do offer it, it is only to those who sign up for emails usually. They will send you a "free" meal coupon for your birthday.

Lily.....lol, I thought I'd be dating myself (showing my age) by remembering when restaurants did this. I am sure it is well over 15 yrs. DS turned 18 today, so the "eat free" birthday thing was probably before he was born.

I know that chili's and applebee's stopped the free dessert on your birthday. As mentioned, if some place does it you have to be on the email list in advance and they will mail it to you.

I don't blame the one's who stopped it. We were at a chain restaurant a few weeks ago, and it was amazing the number of tables who were celebrating a birthday, and receiving a free $17 dessert. :rolleyes1

My birthday is this month, and I've gotten email certificates for free burgers from Red Robin and Ruby Tuesday. Several other restaurants, including Chili's, have sent certificates for free desserts.

If I remember correctly, the free burger at Red Robin was instant. You sign up for a rewards card, and it loads automatically. :)

not dinner, but if you have an entertainment book the regal cinemas have a coupon for free admission on your birthday. You have to show ID with the coupon to receive the free admission.

Has he considered getting a job? While freebies and coupons are nice, a job would free him of those limitations.

Denny's offer a free Grand Slam on your birthday. Go to their website and look under "specials."

Has he considered getting a job? While freebies and coupons are nice, a job would free him of those limitations.

Really? I have a job and I'm always on the lookout for freebies and coupons. Besides, the OP didn't say whether or not her son has a job.

Kobe Japanese steakhouse does. I think you have to be with someone else who is paying tho (so like BOGO). If you don't sign up, you get it free on your exact birthday only. If you sign up for a card, it loads on there and is good anytime that month. You also get a cupcake, paper chef hat, and song.

Was this reply really necessary? OP stated she was sending DS (who is just turning 18) and his girlfriend to dinner...hence OP is paying for her child and his friend. I have a job but I would be P.O.'d if I was told I was being a deadbeat that didn't want to pay for my own birthday dinner.

Brio Italian grill has a lovely set up. The birthday person gets a free steak and shrimp scampi entree. I did sign up prior to the date and got something in my email. I just did this late November 2011.

If you're in South Jersey, the Pop Shop does!

I got Waffle Mania for my birthday this year!

374190_1703194470732_1564081771_2468246_1957182276_a.jpg

Chili's advertises two can eat for $20
one appetiser, two entrees and one dessert to share:thumbsup2

Was this reply really necessary? OP stated she was sending DS (who is just turning 18) and his girlfriend to dinner...hence OP is paying for her child and his friend. I have a job but I would be P.O.'d if I was told I was being a deadbeat that didn't want to pay for my own birthday dinner.

:worship:

Boy did THAT come out of left field...:laughing:

My son just turned 19 and I took him to Romano's who made a big deal and gave him a free dessert. That weekend we went to his favorite pizza place and they had a big sign announcing "free meal on your birthday". He mentioned too bad he didn't come on Thursday instead of Saturday and they comped his meal anyway!! :banana:

Flame me if you want, but the OP has had one sad story after another here. Things are tough for a lot of people. But this is not the first "poor me" post by the OP nor do I think it will be the last.

OP, if you can't afford to give your DS $20 to go out with his girlfriend, have a nice dinner at home. Lots of people have been in that position.....cook up a nice meal, enjoy each other's company. The place doesn't matter......a happy time does.

Flame me if you want, but the OP has had one sad story after another here. Things are tough for a lot of people. But this is not the first "poor me" post by the OP nor do I think it will be the last.

Agreed!

Am I the only person who would rather have a home-cooked meal (that I don't have to make) for my birthday? It would mean so much more to me if my family went through the effort to plan and execute a small, intimate birthday dinner at home. It says so much more than "Hey, Mom, we're going to Denny's for your birthday! You get to eat for free! We'll just order coffee." :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter